Game Day 2023 Round 8 Discussion - where are our Rookies ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loving the discussion thread turn directly into the vent thread with only one game played.
Be cool Yalonda.

On everyone chucking into the stir fry their $300k rookies pre-byes.
I can’t see how many are going to get upgrades through the byes or have coverage over R14/R15. Unless 6-8 sideways trades are on the table.
Or players have the secret recipe for fried donuts.

Scraped the Sampson plan and chickened out to get Angwin like the rest of the crowd.

Back to operation Steele. Next week.

Ashcroft was probably due for a spud week. Especially against a double tagging midfield like Carlton with Hewett and Curnow.

But like any infantry general yelling to his troops “Hold, hold, HOLD!! ATTACK!”.

Reckon PAR will be 2200’ish but weekly winner will be some turd who flukes a 2700 by Captaining some flog like Mills who has shown nothing all year so far.
Note: I don’t reckon Mills is a flog and could be a good M8 target over byes. but keep that quiet.

5/352

Will take Wilmot 50, could field Baker but after not taking a 53 last week and Ginbey scoring 39 costing me a cash league I’m spooked.

Looped Cincotta so will obviously take that. Didn’t loop McKenna though so stuck with that score 😞. Hopefully SMitch doesn’t score to much more sitting on my bench.

Most of my rookies done now. Seems like most had a down night so not a lot of damage done.

I would be heading over to the 2024 planning thread if I gave 2 fecks
This game sucks
Have a great weekend campaigners
Scoopsroy in semi-retiremenr, but when Scoopsroy's Spidey Sense starts to tingle, Scoopsroy gets up out of the sitting chair, shuffles across the living room to that newfangled contraption his grandson set up for him.(computer, think the young whippersnapper called it) to answer the call.
Scoopsworthy is not dead and buried until he gives up on himself.
Then, and only then, is all lost.
These front runners topping the table are chewing through the trades at a rate of knots and are going to be susceptible as all **** acrosd the byes (Rd 15 particularly unsaucy, fwiw) and on the run home.
They're sidewaysing campaigners at the drop.of a hat and are going to be dependent on the SC gods being of the charitable type.
They're going to have two trades post-byes and sphincters toighter than tonght.
And as you, Duckworthy, SC ingenue of the billy goat riding persuasion, and Scoopsroy well know, the SC gods are in fact utter arseholes.
And therein lies your opportunity. While they are busy ****ing over these front runners who are forking out 700k for missing premos, those Brian Wilsons* of SC that they are, you're going to engage stealth mode.
Whether it be a Brayshaw without patella / quad tendon soreness, a saucy little.Dochers, a Jakey Stringer ragdolling betas in the centre bounces, a cheeky Callum Mills primed for a bit of IN THE GUTS action to stop the Swannies' season from sliding away, there are going to be value options that you can take that these pretenders are too afraid of, so low are their SC testosterone levels.
Now pck yourself up, dust yourself off and turn on the afterburnerrs on the run home.
Overtake pricks left, right and centre and flip 'em the bird as you do, let 'em know all about it.
May your run home be covered in glory and as majestic as Sammy Draper's goal of the year.
Happy Pump Up GIF by Essendon FC

Scoopsroy out, needs a Bex and a lie down.
Maybe something for his rheumatism.

* Probably three men and a dog who still remember who he is, and they might disagree with the characterization. But **** 'em.

Hmm now thinking about bringing caminitti back in for Fergus Greene whos cash gen is pretty much done and using caminitti to loop van rooyen and mitchell. If caminitti plays next week then I have another rookie making cash, if not I trade him next week. Gives me two shots at a score
Are you related to Judd_Magic ?

What about another Rookie, who is destined to play soon & maybe make more cash than Caminitti .......Fahey or a Wardlaw

5/353 definitely isn't an ideal start.
Rookies really stunk it up, Ashcroft and McKenna definitely on there way out next week, Wilmot and Hollands probably get 1 more go before being flicked too.
Cincotta handy at least.

Big day ahead, might still switch the VC/C around, reckon there's a few good options this week.

Taranto VC, Hopper
Laird, Dawson
Oliver C, Petracca, Chandler
Bont, English, Cogs, Green
Day

I would be heading over to the 2024 planning thread if I gave 2 fecks
This game sucks
Have a great weekend campaigners
Never Give Up Surrender.gif

But, we can go back under our rock & try to go incognito .....change username maybe.. so our SC performance isn't recognised & brought up

Hide Girl.gif

Didn’t watch Fam but had the following play

Cripps
Hollands
Cincotta (looping over Baker)
Dunkley
McKenna
Ashcroft

For a rousing 436/6 🦦

Those who watched - what’s the story with Lachie? That’s a score I haven’t seen next to his name for some time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn’t watch Fam but had the following play

Cripps
Hollands
Cincotta (looping over Baker)
Dunkley
McKenna
Ashcroft

For a rousing 436/6 🦦

Those who watched - what’s the story with Lachie? That’s a score I haven’t seen next to his name for some time
I had a similar outcome, Biggie Biggie Biggie, can’t you see, these SC gods tryna **** with me.

Cripps
Doc
Chinotto
Dunkley
McKenna
Ashcroft

496/6

giphy.gif

5/352

Will take Wilmot 50, could field Baker but after not taking a 53 last week and Ginbey scoring 39 costing me a cash league I’m spooked.

Looped Cincotta so will obviously take that. Didn’t loop McKenna though so stuck with that score 😞. Hopefully SMitch doesn’t score to much more sitting on my bench.

Most of my rookies done now. Seems like most had a down night so not a lot of damage done.
Surely Baker is a better chance of scoring 80 than 20 tho?

3/256 from 3 players everyone has (Ash, Dunks, Cin).

Will let Simpson try to beat Wilmot's score.

VC The Butcher, Hopper, Ryan
Simpson, Laird, Dawson
Anderson
Green, English, Bont
Day, Mitchell (looped)

8 left for SBS

Screenshot_20230506_092910_SuperCoach.jpg
Enthralling matchup in Div 2, lol.

319/4 – still filthy with Neale, and feel that's going to jeopardise the progress I've been making recently. Seriously campaigner, 63??

Plenty going on today:
Taranto, Hopper
Simpson (E), Dawson
Oliver (VC), Chandler, Petracca, McVee (E)
English (C), Bont, Green, Cogs
Day, Mitchell (looped)

3/256 from 3 players everyone has (Ash, Dunks, Cin).

Will let Simpson try to beat Wilmot's score.

VC The Butcher, Hopper, Ryan
Simpson, Laird, Dawson
Anderson
Green, English, Bont
Day, Mitchell (looped)

8 left for SBS
Didn't end up bringing in Piggy this week?

No, went cheaper for Anderson. Means I can do another upgrade next week. Not ideal but I want to finish my team and cash gen is dead after next week.

Will try to turn Hopper into Oliver at his bye I think.
That's fair. Anderson should be a decent pick with Touk out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back