Preview 2023 Semi Final - Carlton vs Melbourne Friday 15th September 7.50PM @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN: Matthew Kennedy
OUT: Jack Martin (suspension), Harry McKay (concussion)

Backs:Brodie KempJacob WeiteringNic Newman
Half-backs:Alex CincottaMitch McGovernAdam Saad
Centreline:Blake AcresPatrick CrippsMatthew Cottrell
Half-forwards:Sam DochertyTom De KoningMatthew Owies
Forwards:Lachie FogartyCharlie CurnowJesse Motlop
Followers:Marc PittonetAdam CerraSam Walsh
Interchange:David CuninghamGeorge HewettMatthew Kennedy
Caleb Marchbank
Emergencies:Paddy DowSam DurdinZac Fisher
Ollie Hollands

Happy with the ins assuming Kennedy plays forward.

Hopefully Dow is the sub as I think with the bullying contest work throughout the game his fresh legs could be the point of difference.

Fisher isn't a good option and I think Holland's a full game option not a sub option. In horsing terms he's a stayer not a sprinter

Inexcusable.

Unintentional psychological bias is a thing. He either screws his former club or or he screws are opponent. Highly unlikely that he can call The game down the middle.

It's not like it's the only game on this weekend. He could easily umpire the other game.
Don't know much about Gianfagna, except that he didn't play a senior game for the Dees, and went on to captain the Northern Blues. Does that even things out?

Inexcusable.

Unintentional psychological bias is a thing. He either screws his former club or or he screws are opponent. Highly unlikely that he can call The game down the middle.

It's not like it's the only game on this weekend. He could easily umpire the other game.

Was searching who the Melbourne player was. Gianfagna? Drafted by Melbourne and delisted by them the same year (2006) and never played an AFL game. I reckon he has no love for Melbourne. 😂

IF.. we win, statistically speaking more often than not the top 4 make the prelims we then have positives in terms of "fresher" players against Brisbane.

McKay and Marten having a week off to freshen them up and Marten always plays well in QLD and in the hotter humid games. Walsh, Cerra, Kennedy are all fresh. Cripps and Doc had a 2 week break already. We have fresh emergencies in Dow, Fisher, Hollands, Boyd who can come in and cover any bit players if needed. Cotters and Fog missed last chunks of the season so haven't had the workload of a full season of games.

Our only concerns are Acres and Cripps playing sore, but of strong mental fortitude to be able to push through.

Don't think we win last week without Pitt...sure not sexy but to my eye we were better when he was rucking
I'm sure his inability elsewhere detracted in no way shape or form. Dropped marks and lack of run in the second half was never a factor...
I would not put him on Pickett who requires a defence first mindset. You can do that when your opponent is Sam Wicks. Not Kosi.
I just pointed out that he's been playing defence first for most of the of the year. If he doesn't wait for things to open up, teams have been corralling him.
What are you arguing about, we do have a small forward line.

Pitto and TDK did really well against Gawn and Grundy last time we played them and you're still on the drop Pitto crusade despite Mckay, JSOS and Martin out?
Our starting forward line is Charlie, TDK, and Kennedy.
If you genuinely believe the selection strategy was the reason we turned our form around then there's no point even having this discussion.
It's not the sole factor, but we swapped out half our forward line and favoured mobility in our defence, and even then our midfield struggled to perform before some tweaks.

The first final was like watching us in the early rounds of last year again: boom and bust playstyle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like the ins
I think we are cooked
Dees will come out hard
Melbourne by 22 points
Actually I think that we are the opposite of cooked. Cerra and Walsh just getting back to Match fitness. In racing terms they'd be cherry ripe 3rd up. Respect your opinion Michael but the good guys by 11.

Motlop in the 22.

Pretty much as suspected.

Dow or Hollands sub I suppose. Maybe Fisher
Really, REALLY needs to have a big game and make an impact on the scoreboard. Wasn't it Melbourne where he last had that big game and kicked 4 or 5?
EDIT: Nah it was against Port (kicked 4) in R18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back