Half-backs:Nic NewmanMitch McGovernAdam Saad
Centreline:Ollie HollandsPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Lachie FogartyHarry McKayZac Williams
Forwards:Matthew OwiesCharlie CurnowAlex Cincotta
Followers:Tom De KoningSam WalshGeorge Hewett
Interchange from:Lachie CowanCorey DurdinOrazio Fantasia
Elijah HollandsMatthew Kennedy
Emergencies:Caleb MarchbankJesse MotlopMarc Pittonet

Actually really intrigued by the possible tactics, especially around ruckmen and runwith roles

Smart move by the Cats, Blicavs will look to outwork TDK around the ground

So, I would have Cripps taking stoppages forward half/arc and let TDK sit back behind play at times. Also disrupts O'Connor sitting on him at those times.

Harry could take some forward half stoppages too and if SDK follows, Cripps should take O'Connor to the goal square

Does Henry or Kolo take Charlie? Either way, playing through Elijah might be a great outlet

Now that Williams is a small forward, having Williams, Fogarty, Durdin, Fantasia and Owies in the same side seems a little bit of small forward overkill. One will be sub you'd think, and one will link up as a high half forward, and Fog finds himself in the middle in general play a bit. I feel that Durdin has to be sub as he can't do the link up role that Fantasia can do.

If Martin was available, he could be the third tall forward, but also link up from the midfield, so he could replace Fantasia soon.

If Touhy gets off the leash again and starts fist pumping the faithful I’m gonna lose it

Crushed Ollie last time. I hope Ollie is ready this time, or we have another plan.

Crushed Ollie last time. I hope Ollie is ready this time, or we have another plan.

Think personnel is better this go around and it'll be more suitable for Ollie. He's also a quick learner.

Looking forward to seeing him perform.

Actually really intrigued by the possible tactics, especially around ruckmen and runwith roles

Smart move by the Cats, Blicavs will look to outwork TDK around the ground

So, I would have Cripps taking stoppages forward half/arc and let TDK sit back behind play at times. Also disrupts O'Connor sitting on him at those times.

Harry could take some forward half stoppages too and if SDK follows, Cripps should take O'Connor to the goal square

Does Henry or Kolo take Charlie? Either way, playing through Elijah might be a great outlet
O'Connor might tag Walsh. I would bring in Pitto to help dominate the Clearences.

CD are fantastic for data, but make poor assumptions, nor do they tie that in with all factors

What needs to be added to these stats are:

• Quality of team played over that 6 week period
  • Strengths and weaknesses of those 6 teams
  • While only winning 20% of long down the line contests, what percentage remained in dispute and or at what point/area did we win the ball back
Ultimately you want to improve your ball moment layers, but our strength has been pressure and forward half turnovers
He cherry picks and ignores stuff. He’s a terrible analyst actually. Just a marketing guy pretending to be data driven.

Grabs blocks of data to prove his point. “Last 4 weeks” so that it keeps the Sydney game in which was clearly an outlier. I guarantee you in a couple of weeks he will say we’ve improved when in fact all that’s happened is outlier data has gone. And the outlier data is tied to when we (a) didn’t have good ball movement players (like Saad) playing and (b) were up against better teams.

Now that Williams is a small forward, having Williams, Fogarty, Durdin, Fantasia and Owies in the same side seems a little bit of small forward overkill. One will be sub you'd think, and one will link up as a high half forward, and Fog finds himself in the middle in general play a bit. I feel that Durdin has to be sub as he can't do the link up role that Fantasia can do.

If Martin was available, he could be the third tall forward, but also link up from the midfield, so he could replace Fantasia soon.

Just lack that Jack Martin type.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TDK might just have the biggest game of his career

From a ball up/throw in/centre bounce situation he should brain Blicavs stupidly and we should be dominating from those clearances.

Have no doubt though he’s in for a very torrid running night, Blicavs is going to make sure he runs and runs and runs and most likely very hard forward.
I’ll be stoked if Blicavs goes goalless tonight as I have no doubt the cats are planning to even up the contest by kicking some snags or having multiple goal assists

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

i would say Fantasia has been slowly gaining form/confidence.....possible he might do well after a break..
Blues been patiently/ building him......possibly soon we will see why.
I'd like to know what the expectations are for his role because I'd have thought a goal or two and a few more touches on top of his last couple of games would be about it. And goal assists would count too.

One of these days (nights), Charlie or Harry is going to get off the chain and kick 10.

Hopefully tonight.

Both are bloody difficult match ups - Charlie is Charlie - great leap/mark, quick when the ball hits the deck, can kick them from anywhere....

Whereas Harry at 205cm is simply too tall, he's bloody quick too and an equally good contested mark.

SDK (who's playing without confidence) will stand Harry.

Who gets Charlie? Henry or Kolo..... good luck.

My goal kickers tonight?

Harry 10
Charlie 4
Elijah 3
Williams 2
Owies 2
Cripps 1
Walsh 1

;)

O'Connor might tag Walsh. I would bring in Pitto to help dominate the Clearences.

My two cents: Bringing Pitto into the side when they've opted for complete mobility is asking to be ran off the park. I think we'll more than hold our own with clearances.

Whoever gets the backup ruck rotations will want to push themselves aerobically to restore some of the deficit Blicavs has over TDK around the ground. Mark is an endurance beast but 4 quarters with TDK and a Cripps or someone pushing him the other way will really test him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back