Half-backs:Nic NewmanMitch McGovernAdam Saad
Centreline:Ollie HollandsPatrick CrippsBlake Acres
Half-forwards:Lachie FogartyHarry McKayZac Williams
Forwards:Matthew OwiesCharlie CurnowAlex Cincotta
Followers:Tom De KoningSam WalshGeorge Hewett
Interchange from:Lachie CowanCorey DurdinOrazio Fantasia
Elijah HollandsMatthew Kennedy
Emergencies:Caleb MarchbankJesse MotlopMarc Pittonet

Actually really intrigued by the possible tactics, especially around ruckmen and runwith roles

Smart move by the Cats, Blicavs will look to outwork TDK around the ground

So, I would have Cripps taking stoppages forward half/arc and let TDK sit back behind play at times. Also disrupts O'Connor sitting on him at those times.

Harry could take some forward half stoppages too and if SDK follows, Cripps should take O'Connor to the goal square

Does Henry or Kolo take Charlie? Either way, playing through Elijah might be a great outlet
Yes the balance of rucks will be a great watch.

Stanley a likely(?) late in will change the dynamic also. Listed as injured & an emergency points to him coming in.

They might think playing the two they can nullify TDK over 4 quarters - also play Biclavs behind the ball filling the hole when Stanley rucks.

Also interested to see the quality of our F50 entries this time. Last game +20 but poor efficiency.

Could be the reason for old mate Fantasia’s inclusion to add more lowered-eyes.

He cherry picks and ignores stuff. He’s a terrible analyst actually. Just a marketing guy pretending to be data driven.

Grabs blocks of data to prove his point. “Last 4 weeks” so that it keeps the Sydney game in which was clearly an outlier. I guarantee you in a couple of weeks he will say we’ve improved when in fact all that’s happened is outlier data has gone. And the outlier data is tied to when we (a) didn’t have good ball movement players (like Saad) playing and (b) were up against better teams.
According to him tho it’s system related and not the fact we have had 13 players rotate in the backline 😂

One of these days (nights), Charlie or Harry is going to get off the chain and kick 10.

Hopefully tonight.

Both are bloody difficult match ups - Charlie is Charlie - great leap/mark, quick when the ball hits the deck, can kick them from anywhere....

Whereas Harry at 205cm is simply too tall, he's bloody quick too and an equally good contested mark.

SDK (who's playing without confidence) will stand Harry.

Who gets Charlie? Henry or Kolo..... good luck.

My goal kickers tonight?

Harry 10
Charlie 4
Elijah 3
Williams 2
Owies 2
Cripps 1
Walsh 1

;)
23 goal night sounds alright

We should have them covered in most areas but their forward line is a worry.

• Cameron always kills us.
  • Even though they aren't in form, their 3rd tall types like O Henry and Rohan often seem to trouble us, wouldnt be surprised to see one of them bob up with 3 goals.
  • Stengle, Miers and Close are dangerous
  • Even Tuohy kicked 3 goals on us last game

O Connor will tag Walsh so that will be interesting...he and Cripps have been doing a lot of heavy lifting outside the Essendon game, which we won but didn't have great control of the game.

We are definitely missing Cerra and Doc. With them, our midfield would be dominant.

I am absolutely dumbfounded at them picking Orazio over Motlop. Horrendous decision.
Not surprising at all, they don't play the same role. Don't know why so many people think they do.

Oraxio has been getting high up the ground in a similar role Cottrell or Cunners sometimes play.

Motlop, especially not a fully fit one, is more a true small forward. We already have Owies and Durdin playing this role.

Not surprising at all, they don't play the same role. Don't know why so many people think they do.

Oraxio has been getting high up the ground in a similar role Cottrell or Cunners sometimes play.

Motlop, especially not a fully fit one, is more a true small forward. We already have Owies and Durdin playing this role.

Orazio is averaging 8 touches, no goals and 1 tackle. What role is he playing? We'd be better off with 21 in the squad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would think that for Motlop to come in it would be Durdin to miss as things stand right now. It won't hurt Motlop to build up a bit of form through the reserves anyway.

I think I read that he was great for three quarters in the last VFL game before dropping right off in the last quarter. If he can't run out a VFL game I doubt he's ready to play AFL.

Stewart has underrated speed. He'd run off Kennedy easily.
Reckon you're all talking like these guys are playing at the peak of their powers...

They ain't.

I've watched the Cats a good few times this year - Stewart's struggling (ditto guys like SDK and even moreso, Hawkins obviously).

Stewart's role as that intercept guy is very demanding. He's 31yo.

He's not overly tall or big in the scheme of what he comes up against every week - he's 190cm, 88kg odd (Big H has 15cm and likely 10-12kg on him).

Even Charlie has 4cm on him.

Perhaps time is catching up with him?

He, nor the Cats, won't be a pushover, and yep, we f...d it up against them last time around.

There should be plenty of motivation there.

I'd be testing Danger's hammy out too - he tweaks it again, they're a man down and rudderless in the guts.

If Stanley doesn't play, gee they look thin in the ruck brigade....Cameron to ruck a bit with Blicavs (sp?)?

The latter is now 33yo and stands 'only' 198cm.

Has been a terrific utility over his journey no question, but playing as the first ruck?

TDK cherry ripe for a BOG effort.

Keep an eye out for the KT guernseys during the domestic violence light shining tonight - anyone that manages any pictures, please feel free to DM them to me.

Used to love going to the footy with my cousin, I'm glad the club is doing something significant in this space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back