List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

It's hard to know what to believe what's been written about this situation; it's not like Gunston has a ton of trade value that it's worth downplaying his worth trade wise. It's bizarre to think that Hawthorn wouldn't have expressed sufficient interest in having Gunston come back to the club prior to Gunston telling the club he wants to go back.

Gunston would be on pretty good terms with a lot of the people there including their head coach, so it's hard to imagine they said "I mean we'll take you back, but we're not actually that keen", and Gunston putting in a trade request anyway. Unless Gunston doesn't plan to stick around even if a trade can't be facilitated?

Looks like he’ll just have to retire then

Club doesn’t want him, he doesn’t want to be here

Media fluff. Just trying to make things exciting

This will be one of the last deals done on Wednesday. Will get done after the Hawks secure the two they want.

Whether we get Ryan is another story but Gunston will be a hawk.

It's hard to know what to believe what's been written about this situation; it's not like Gunston has a ton of trade value that it's worth downplaying his worth trade wise. It's bizarre to think that Hawthorn wouldn't have expressed sufficient interest in having Gunston come back to the club prior to Gunston telling the club he wants to go back.

Gunston would be on pretty good terms with a lot of the people there including their head coach, so it's hard to imagine they said "I mean we'll take you back, but we're not actually that keen", and Gunston putting in a trade request anyway. Unless Gunston doesn't plan to stick around even if a trade can't be facilitated?
It’s just spin.
There is no way Gunston requests this trade without them having prior knowledge and without them expressing a genuine interest.

Is there any chance of getting Ash Johnson out of Collingwood? He can’t get a consistent run of games there. If so, what’s he worth. McStay was only worth pick 35 as a compensation pick.

Yep. We had 5 list changes in 2021 (6 after CEY decided to not get vaccinated) and 7 last year, but before that we've been in double digits every year since at least 2013.
Messy....

What I don't understand is why Jack would request a trade back to Hawthorn without having sounded them out and got a strong commitment before declaring his hand - it just doesn't make sense whatsoever...there must be more to this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't even bother posting a warning about rando twitter and Facebook rumour pages this year because of how unexciting this trade period was looking for us.

But yeah, save yourself some stress and don't bother reading of them. Although I do see the trade whisperer twitter account as some kind of performance art at this point.

I didn't even bother posting a warning about rando twitter and Facebook rumour pages this year because of how unexciting this trade period was looking for us.

But yeah, save yourself some stress and don't bother reading of them. Although I do see the trade whisperer twitter account as some kind of performance art at this point.

The only rumour with substance is that we are sending Mr Ripper to the Collingwood board for 12 months

The only rumour with substance is that we are sending Mr Ripper to the Collingwood board for 12 months
I shudder to think which Collingwood poster we would be getting return ...

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back