List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Who goes out?
I’d go with 3KZ’s statement that Berry should not be an automatic selection.
He really pushes his luck, and it cost us.

Berry is limited by his shoulders. I assume he has already had surgery and they are just wrecked. Limiting his career. Sad for him.

Dont worry about fellow. Dev we will treat him real nice a deal will be made to make all parties happy.

You will see Dev again don't worry. He will just be in captain's photos. Since Dev I'd say is captain material for us.

Yes because he's Darren glass nephew by default a huge portion of wce base will push for his captaincy 😍😍😍

That's hard for dev to resist, but it's also a lot of pressure from day one.

And of course, will be watching his friends continue to contest for premierships.

He can't not go, but it's a sliding doors moment that he will always wonder about.

I had thought our backline lacked a good intercepting / playmaker in the vein of a Sicily / Vlaustin. Doedee seems to be a very similar player. Coleman and Andrews have done a good job as that intercepter in recent times, but Andrews is prone to being dragged away by a tall, and I think we prefer Coleman to be working more between the wings where his distribution is elite, rather then in the back 50 getting intercepts. Our most dynamic movement from half back was when we had rich roaming the D50, targeting Coleman (or someone near by him) around center wings and him delivering inside 50. If Doedee is as good as people say, I can see the upside in getting him involved there again.

As for Oliver, it would be the biggest pipedream for us to snag him. We need to add more midfield depth into our squad and while I accept that we have good youth coming up, we are in the window now. However we don't have the currency to get him, and trading away heart and soul players like Rayner for him would without doubt destroy the culture of the club.

We still need to shift the needle in reallocating some of our team salary from the forward line into the midfield. But with Cameron / McCarthy / Danniher all getting into that 30+ range now, it's going to happen soon enough.

Was having a think about it today just for shits and giggles about what players on our list Melbourne would even consider entertaining for Oliver. For different reasons I came back with 3 - Hugh, Kiddy and Bailey and none of them are needs for them/would we entertain it.

Nah if he goes, he’s going somewhere where the team can present a key forward in return, either from their club or a third party.

Does anyone else think a fit Kiddy could move up and play on the wing? I get excited thinking about how magical it would be watching him deliver the ball inside 50 more often.

Kiddy needs to get his gait sorted. The bum out pedestal running shape means using the wrong muscle sequence. Fix that and he not only goes faster, but it uses less energy so he goes longer.

Was having a think about it today just for shits and giggles about what players on our list Melbourne would even consider entertaining for Oliver. For different reasons I came back with 3 - Hugh, Kiddy and Bailey and none of them are needs for them/would we entertain it.

Nah if he goes, he’s going somewhere where the team can present a key forward in return, either from their club or a third party.
I don't even think we could package up first round picks to get him, unless we somehow absorbed his entire contract.

Without any evidence I think the science behind ACL's has gotten a lot better. Would love to know the strike rate of a player returning and playing at a high level versus not returning for the last 5 years versus 20 years ago.

Have a look at the company VALD. they are Brisbane based and produce physio test equipment. All the major sports use them to monitor and manage athletes.

Add in spect scans which map tissue including muscles, ligaments and tendons sports science can create highly personalized exercise programs for each muscle group on your body.

it's taken injury prevention and rehabilitation to the next level.

Here’s a thought on a Merry go Round of swaps.
North want pick one, so they give up 2, 3, and 19 to West Coast, who give 1, 20, and 39 back to North.

West Coast pushing hard for Dev. Would they part with 19?

Brisbane offer 19, 27, Fullerton as a tall forward, and Mathieson as a short term replacement for Melksham, or maybe Berry in return for Oliver and a future 3rd as some extra loose change for the academy kids the following year.
Is there any chance that this could be a starting point for negotiations?

Either Doedee or Coffield could be cheap, and now Hately has been delisted, he could be a big bodied option.

I see value in looking at 2023 for the trade, and 2024 for the draft.

Random trade whispers Twitter account said last night that Melbourne were going to make a play for Harry McKay; I think he’d be a straight swap for Oliver no?

Not that I believe either story for a second

Should Dev go, would there be any interest in James Harmes from Melb. Out of favour, been reading he'd be up for a change. Provides a hard nut and tagger in the midfield.

Also read Jed Adcock has joined North in the coaching ranks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m of the firm opinion you don’t trade players that are the fabric of your club. These blokes are vital. Huge on and off the field for the lions and in my personally opinion should and will be one club players. Entering their prime years from now. They are the future.
Maybe a little similar to the way the club hung on to Lester maybe? :think:;)

Should Dev go, would there be any interest in James Harmes from Melb. Out of favour, been reading he'd be up for a change. Provides a hard nut and tagger in the midfield.

Also read Jed Adcock has joined North in the coaching ranks.
Someone in the media ages ago said we have a lot of stars but no workhorses. Maybe he’s the type we need.

Here’s a thought on a Merry go Round of swaps.
North want pick one, so they give up 2, 3, and 19 to West Coast, who give 1, 20, and 39 back to North.

West Coast pushing hard for Dev. Would they part with 19?

Brisbane offer 19, 27, Fullerton as a tall forward, and Mathieson as a short term replacement for Melksham, or maybe Berry in return for Oliver and a future 3rd as some extra loose change for the academy kids the following year.
Is there any chance that this could be a starting point for negotiations?

Either Doedee or Coffield could be cheap, and now Hately has been delisted, he could be a big bodied option.

I see value in looking at 2023 for the trade, and 2024 for the draft.
The best West Coast is likely to offer for Dev will be a beginning of third round pick, either this year or next year.

They’ve already threatened to walk Brockman from the Hawks through the PSD if they come to the party in regards to his trade request.

This ain’t the fair/nice playing West Coast recruiting team any more.

Someone in the media ages ago said we have a lot of stars but no workhorses. Maybe he’s the type we need.
True that. Besides Dunkley, no tagged. Week after week, win or lose, the oppositions prime movers are in their best players.

Why would anyone trust a person who weirdly speaks in third person (think that is what it is. :rolleyes:) and bets his left nut on some opinion and loses the bet!!!

Sorry, no credibility here!;)
Because that person has been around BigFooty for 23 years and has a reputation.

His posting style is his shtick.

But true, he’s lost one nut since he joined BigFooty. Don’t know if any should ever really trust someone who has lost a nut on a bet.

The best West Coast is likely to offer for Dev will be a beginning of third round pick, either this year or next year.

They’ve already threatened to walk Brockman from the Hawks through the PSD if they come to the party in regards to his trade request.

This ain’t the fair/nice playing West Coast recruiting team any more.
I hope this possible trade is not based on what West Coast is willing to offer, rather what Brisbane wants in return. If West Coast don’t want to play nice, Dev remains in Brisbane.

I hope this possible trade is not based on what West Coast is willing to offer, rather what Brisbane wants in return. If West Coast don’t want to play nice, Dev remains in Brisbane.

There’s this thing called a contract and unfortunately clubs don’t own players anymore :(

Surely he will fill out? I reckon he will be a star really hypothetical anyway as no way they let him go.
You mean Hipwood or Mac Andrew?

Gold Coast are loaded for quality young talls (or about to be) and at some point one of them is going to want out for more opportunity, and to me Mac Andrew is the logical one to go.

Ned Moyle is the obvious replacement for Witts.

King, Lukosius and Jed Walter are their obvious 3 tall forwards.

And Ethan Read is a smarter, more skilled “could be anything” KPP than Mac Andrew.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back