List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: will update if ppl happy for this to sticky

Ok starting the hit list of names mentioned in any rumour as linked to us for 2023 trade period.
  • Mac Andrew
  • Hunter Clark
  • Zac Fisher
  • Sam Flanders
  • Mitch Georgiades
  • Liam Henry
  • Dougal Howard
  • Lewis Melican
  • Jack Silvagni
  • Dylan Stephens
  • Adam Tomlinson

Last edited:
Aaron hall was told today that he’s not required for 2024 , hardly a surprise but understandably he’s pretty upset
Lol and has he sooked it up and decided not to play vfl hence “managed” after a bye

Good riddance
Hall has been around long enough to know it was coming.

He might have a local or state league gig lined up for next year and doesnt want to get injured late in the year, knowing he is moving on
you would have thought so

Honestly the most obvious delisting is Aaron hall or spicer

Lol and has he sooked it up and decided not to play vfl hence “managed” after a bye

Good riddance

you would have thought so

Honestly the most obvious delisting is Aaron hall or spicer
Have some respect please. I've hated the guy for as long as I can remember, but seriously WE drafted him, played him and gave him a career which he tried his best to fullfill. He just wasn't up to it. Doesn't mean he didn't give it his all, doesn't mean he should be disrespected for being not up to the job or being personally disappointed for having his career ended either.

Have some respect please. I've hated the guy for as long as I can remember, but seriously WE drafted him, played him and gave him a career which he tried his best to fullfill. He just wasn't up to it. Doesn't mean he didn't give it his all, doesn't mean he should be disrespected for being not up to the job or being personally disappointed for having his career ended either.
We didn’t draft hall….

Telling players that they will not have a contract next year this early is silly.

Contracted players sooking it up and refusing to play because they are being delisted is very unprofessional and selfish

Contracted players sooking it up and refusing to play because they are being delisted is very unprofessional and selfish
If you replace “sooking it up” to “being devastated to learn that their career is over” surely it’s not that hard to have a little empathy for a player who has done their best for the blue and white?

If you replace “sooking it up” to “being devastated to learn that their career is over” surely it’s not that hard to have a little empathy for a player who has done their best for the blue and white?

Exactly, being told something you've played and loved all your life is over would be upsetting.

It’s a good career, well over 10+ years and 161 games.

I’ve got empathy, but I’m still surprised if a player wouldn’t do their part for a team that is trying to get to finals, where they have been part of that team for most of the season.

And it doesn’t seem too early to me, much better to be honest and give players time to make plans than to sit on communicating decisions that have been made.

I have empathy for every single player at our club who gets delisted.

But. He is getting paid handsomely to play football. Its literally his job.

And what about about his teammates fighting to make the finals in the vfl ? Screw them ? Their feelings and and effort this weekend don't mean anything ?

And why you would trade a future 2nd rounder for a 5th year depth player when you have a list that needs refreshing.
OK, clearly I shouldn’t have included a spitball trade. But anyway, I think Lazzaro, who is in his 3rd year not his 5th, is a player that other clubs (doesn’t have to be Geelong; there are 16 others) might look at and think they could use.

In a year where we need to cut deeply, pending AFL assistance, and we might trade a contracted player, I’d much rather trade Lazzaro for peanuts than trade Powell or TT when their value is low, as many are suggesting. But each to their own.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North and Wc in talks to swap picks 1/2….. Big chance for Harley Reid. Would imagine it would be Ports future first and 2 for pick 1.

Will depend on McKay compo and Sanders pre selection.

Sander, Reid, Wizard, that’s massive if we can pull it off. Nervous about KPD though - I’m sure there is a plan

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

7 news last night TB said north in Box seat. Was also on back page of WA paper yesterday. North rumoured to be heavily into Curtin as well. Means eagles either trade with North giving us Reid, or risk losing Curtin.
It's very interesting this pre season hey.

There's certainly a list imbalance so I think Watson gets picked. Curtin would fill a hole, but is Reid the better player/less risky? This is all assuming we get McKay compensation. Maybe that compo is only pick 20, and a PP will be 11 plus sanders?

Simply way way to early to make calls on who we pick up without knowing what we have

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back