List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: will update if ppl happy for this to sticky

Ok starting the hit list of names mentioned in any rumour as linked to us for 2023 trade period.
  • Mac Andrew
  • Hunter Clark
  • Zac Fisher
  • Sam Flanders
  • Mitch Georgiades
  • Liam Henry
  • Dougal Howard
  • Lewis Melican
  • Jack Silvagni
  • Dylan Stephens
  • Adam Tomlinson

Last edited:
Not really, he was pretty good - not all-Australian good, but better than average.

Dew didn't like him (not rate him - like him) so back to the two's he went. Just like Uwland, Graham, Sharpe etc etc.

He's played 14 VFL games this season - and got 30+ touches in 9 of them.

Burgess and Constable would be cheap as chips, and really help your structure IMHO
How many spots do GC have to clear out to bring the necessary points into draft night?

There might be a bit of a clear out at the bottom of their list.

How many spots do GC have to clear out to bring the necessary points into draft night?

There might be a bit of a clear out at the bottom of their list.

I'm honestly not sure that's the issue with any trades we do (we will bid on 3 players in the draft + a current player if we decide to move on pick 5).

If we get Dimma or someone else - it would be up to them regarding the list. It's just too fluid to be 100% certain.

The players I mentioned, under the current regime, are fair game..

It's what the new coach wants that counts I guess.

Sorry to be vague, but until we actually get a head coach, it's very much guesswork.

I'm honestly not sure that's the issue with any trades we do (we will bid on 3 players in the draft + a current player if we decide to move on pick 5).

If we get Dimma or someone else - it would be up to them regarding the list. It's just too fluid to be 100% certain.

The players I mentioned, under the current regime, are fair game..

It's what the new coach wants that counts I guess.

Sorry to be vague, but until we actually get a head coach, it's very much guesswork.
Don't you need list spots for every pick that you bring to the draft? So if you need 8 picks to match the 3 bids then you'll need at least 8 list spots.

I don't know if I have this right but someone was saying it.

I see it as building on your joke, you had the punchline and I added a tag line. Couldn't have done it without your set up.

My eyes are still bleary from the Cunners video.

Don't you need list spots for every pick that you bring to the draft? So if you need 8 picks to match the 3 bids then you'll need at least 8 list spots.

I don't know if I have this right but someone was saying it.
Used to.

Then the league realized that it hamstrung the plastic franchises so they binned it.

Declase has continued to prove that he is a seriously talented/winger that clubs should be looking at.
Big challenge going head to head with Hoskin-Elliot on Sunday and won the battle
22 disposals, 8 marks, 4 inside 50’s and 4 score involvements

You should get on the front foot and contact the North coaches to join the preseason.

Based on list gaps, we would need at the very least two experienced KPDs, one younger developing kpd, one younger developing kpf, one developing ruck, one fast rebounding hb, one fast winger, one classy hb rebounder and one fast small forward.

Given everyone we’ve publicly and privately been linked to, here are some options given we are going to possibly at least lose 10 players:

KPD options
  • Ethan Phillips. Will be training with us over the summer. A bigger 198cm lockdown defender who can intercept. Only will be 25 in 2024. Leg speed and agility the main queries, but there’s a reason clubs have continued to track him.
  • Caleb Graham. 194cm kpd that can lockdown. Ok intercept numbers, but is better at locking down due to his leg speed and contested marking. Lacks a bit of agility. Have talked to him.
  • Melican. Another 194cm defender. Does ok one-on-one, but his lack of leg speed and agility hurts him. Swans often go shorter rather than play him, which doesn’t look great.
  • Nick Haynes. Obvious salary dump candidate. Very mature intercepting third kpd.
  • Kane Baldwin. Essendon 193cm, 97kg prospect. Probably better suited to the more athletic taller forwards and bigger powerful mediums. We haven’t been linked, but he’s an obvious depth option.
  • Kye Turner. 193cm, but only listed at 80ish kg. A psd pickup that hasn’t got a look in.
  • Zac Reid. More on the development side and not sure if * would let him go, but he’s a highly rated youngster at 202cm and 90kg. Is versatile as a kpf or kpd. Has battled a lot with injuries, so expect * to try and keep him. Would cost us a lot in the odd chance he would wants to go. We are interested, but haven’t spoke to him yet.
  • Josh Hamling. A mature forgotten 194cm defender. More a Corr type defender that can do a job on the smaller KPFs. Otherwise, can get outsized quite often. Not sure if he wants to get back to Victoria.
  • Nathan Krueger. 195cm versatile tall that can play at either end. He appears stuck behind a few at the pies. Quick, strong and agile, would be silly not to ask.
  • Tom Highmore. 193cm kpd that can lock down ok. A bit in and out at the saints atm. Good depth.
  • DGB. 194 highly rated versatile tall. Had a patchy start and is in and out a lot. Would still cost us a bit.
  • Jacob Koschitzke. A fallen star that could be a decent kpd.
  • I am sure there are a few other league options and draft options as well, but I’m not looking at draft options at this moment.

KPFs
  • Tom Fullarton. 200cm, 92kg kpf at the lions who has kicked 26.19 at vfl level this year.
  • B Khamis. 191cm versatile tall. I rate him more as a defender, but his forward work has been solid. In and out of the dogs side.
  • Wade Derkson. 194cm athletic tall. Has kicked 31 goals in the vfl this year. A more realistic option to leave than Riccardi. Hasn’t got a look in at the giants.
  • Chris Burgess. A mature, but limited, 194cm kpf with long arms. Not sure he leaves at his age and not sure we would be interested.
  • Joel Smith. Versatile 191cm tall that can play either end. Plays above his height. He is a strong mark of the footy.
  • Reef McIness. 194cm, but plays more like a flanker.

Rucks
  • Ned Moyle. A big 206cm ruck at the GC. Won’t get a look in behind Witts. Putting up solid numbers at vfl level. Quite a few clubs are interested in the young ruck.
  • Matt Flynn. 202cm. Definitely on the outer at the Giants.
  • Grundy. Looking very gettable. We are very interested, but not sure if he is. Give it time.
  • Himmleburg. More a kpf, but can ruck as well. I don’t personally rate him as a slow lumbering tall, but apparently we’ve asked about him.

HBs and General Defenders
  • Nick Hind. In and out at *, so an obvious option with his pace.
  • Casey Voss. He gets listed as an option every MSD and rookie draft.
  • Constable. Slow, but accumulates well off hb.
  • Jy Farrar. 190cm athletic lockdown type that offers solid rebound. A little in and out at the Suns.
  • D’Ambrosio. Remains uncontracted and offers obvious class. Bit of a 23rd man at *.
  • Sean Lemmens. Older lockdown small defender with little rebound. Hasn’t been a lock this year, but is rightfully rated at the suns.
  • Zac Fisher. Isn’t a defender atm, but I wouldn’t mind him as a rebounding hb quarterback Hall type. Wouldn’t cost more than a third. We are interested.
  • Keiden Coleman. While a regular, he has been dropped this year and I think he is very gettable with guarantees and a nice pay increase.
  • Will Gould. Been used as an undersized KPD. Struggling for a game at the swans.

Wings and Mids
  • Declase. 195cm Werribee winger with good endurance. Not sure if he’s keen to be on an afl list given he was overlooked in the msd.
  • Finlay Macrae. Plays more as a mid, but can play wing. A ball pig at vfl level.
  • Bianco, see above.
  • Jeremy Sharp. A 189cm winger and speedster. Exactly what we need.
  • James Jordan. Like Sharp, exactly what we need. In and out of the demons side.
  • O’Brien. A known player with a nice boot, but limited physical intent.
  • Dow. We all know what he is as a player.
  • Alex Davies. In and out of the Suns side. Inside mid.
  • Parfitt. Has fallen out of favour. Probably in the Narkle school of too good for the vfl, but not good enough for the afl.

Small and General Forwards
  • Kai Lohmann. I personally don’t rate him, but has been good at vfl level.
  • Ronke. See above.
  • S Mannagh. A dominant half forward accumulator and goal kicker at vfl level. Should be on a list.
  • Noah Cumberland. A good mark and leg speed. Defensive pressure and attitude the main concern. Definitely has the talent.
Declase continued to prove that he’s a seriously talented/versatile winger that clubs should look at
Big challenge going head to head with Hoskin-Elliot on Sunday and he won the battle
22 disposals, 8 marks, 4 inside 50’s and 4 score involvements

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hearing that most will listen too.

Certainly far more than in years before.

Good, well it makes sense.

L Shawks 19 points
L Blews 23 points
L Swan 3 points
L * 6 points
L Saints 8 points
L Eagles 5 points

Plus we did well against the Dees for a bit, no wonder the comp s concerned lol, **** 'em.

Carlton were bottom four as recently as last month, and have since had wins against Hawthorn (who were then in 16th), Fremantle (15th), Port (who have now lost four in a row), West Coast (18th), Collingwood (good win, I'll give them that one) and St Kilda (who had been unconvincing in wins over Hawthorn, West Coast and NMFC in previous weeks, and lost to Gold Coast).

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, Ralphy.

'More likely to stay at the Eagles'. David Zita on Tom Barrass

The Swans have got a lot of cap space now that Buddy has retired. This just got interesting

I thought Bud was on an extension too so they’ve got a stockpile either way.

The Swans have got a lot of cap space now that Buddy has retired. This just got interesting
I thought Bud was on an extension too so they’ve got a stockpile either way.
As I read the market, if Barrass is staying (hardly rocket science given he's under contract until 2026), that leaves Esava and McKay. The managers of those two will be well-pleased

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back