List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: will update if ppl happy for this to sticky

Ok starting the hit list of names mentioned in any rumour as linked to us for 2023 trade period.
  • Mac Andrew
  • Hunter Clark
  • Zac Fisher
  • Sam Flanders
  • Mitch Georgiades
  • Liam Henry
  • Dougal Howard
  • Lewis Melican
  • Jack Silvagni
  • Dylan Stephens
  • Adam Tomlinson

Last edited:
Can't they demand a trade for Parish and still get Tall Hall for free as a FA?

Parish is on around 700k at the moment, and he's reportedly looking for 800k this time around, per Jon Ralph.

That would probably trigger band 1 compo for *. Possibly a top 10 pick. Pretty tempting. But means they would need to trade for Mckay.

In this scenario, I can't see them offering either of their top 10 picks for Bmac. :huh:

Parish is on around 700k at the moment, and he's reportedly looking for 800k this time around, per Jon Ralph.

That would probably trigger band 1 compo for *. Possibly a top 10 pick. Pretty tempting. But means they would need to trade for Mckay.

In this scenario, I can't see them offering either of their top 10 picks for Bmac. :huh:
Surely no one is paying $800k a year for Parish.

Inside mids are plentiful at the moment - surely he isn’t commanding more than B Crouch did when he went to the Aints.

Surely no one is paying $800k a year for Parish.

Inside mids are plentiful at the moment - surely he isn’t commanding more than B Crouch did when he went to the Aints.
You could say the same thing about Ben Mckay though.

Sure, key defenders are in shorter supply.

But in both cases, you're paying a premium to not give up any draft capital.

Parish is a free agent too.

If * bring in Mckay, it'll ruin their Parish compo, should he decide to leave, that's what I'm saying.
Guess it depends on what's more of a need for them. Can't see them turning around and deciding they don't want McKay anymore because Parish decides to leave. I can't see Parish wanting to leave for an extra 100k (more like 50 after tax) unless he isn't feeling the love from Bread.

Guess it depends on what's more of a need for them. Can't see them turning around and deciding they don't want McKay anymore because Parish decides to leave. I can't see Parish wanting to leave for an extra 100k (more like 50 after tax) unless he isn't feeling the love from Bread.
But like many of us want to keep Mckay, just not as much as we want pick 3, the same holds for them too.

They may well say "well we can probably get O'Sullivan with the Parish compo, and save ourselves an exorbitant amount of money in the process."

Also, $100k more a year over a longer contract would turn the heads of quite a few players, I reckon.

I heard on radio yesterday that the Barass deal isn't as much of a sure thing as the media has been reporting.

Maybe the Swannies come back into the picture for McKay. I am sure between Charlie G and Brady R they can come up with a deal where we end up with pick 3 and they maximise their value for the Stephens trade......

We should have a go at Josh Weddle. BFNAAK! Would be handy off half back with Goater!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Hawthorn traded up in the national draft to get Weddle. Absolute jet with a very high ceiling. He's only played 14 games or so.
Sam Mitchell loves this guy - he will be a Hawk for a long,long time.

Why not visit the GCFC - we have surplus players up the wazoo who need new homes.

Chris Burgess would be excellent for you and Larkey especially (plus he can ruck a bit too)

Constable has been unlucky - ave 23 pos and 3 marks a game - HB spot maybe?

Hollands is defo on the table, as is Sharpe. Caleb Graham possibly too.

We also have pick 5 which might be on the table for the right player.

Plus we are just as shite as Brady at the trade table so you'd more than likely make out like bandits dealing with us (Bowes anyone :rolleyes:)

Good luck for next year - hope you get back on track as the competition needs a strong North Melbourne.

Hawthorn traded up in the national draft to get Weddle. Absolute jet with a very high ceiling. He's only played 14 games or so.

Why not visit the GCFC - we have surplus players up the wazoo who need new homes.

Chris Burgess would be excellent for you and Larkey especially (plus he can ruck a bit too)

Plus we are just as shite as Brady at the trade table so you'd more than likely make out like bandits dealing with us (Bowes anyone :rolleyes:)

Good luck for next year - hope you get back on track as the competition needs a strong North Melbourne.

Don't mention Charlie Constable. We already have 1 poster who has an eternal boner for him.

But we're already well stocked for slow, stodgy midfielders.

Don't mention Charlie Constable. We already have 1 poster who has an eternal boner for him.

But we're already well stocked for slow, stodgy midfielders.

We have played him as a HB not a mid.

He was quite good too but fell foul to the Stewart Dew Favorite player love-in.

McPherson Atkins and Powell have his spot (Powell now injured but I'd expect Weller to be back) so he'd be struggling to get picked next year unless the new coach gives him another shot.

He's been so unlucky tbh - he's very good at HB.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have played him as a HB not a mid.

He was quite good too but fell foul to the Stewart Dew Favorite player love-in.

McPherson Atkins and Powell have his spot (Powell now injured but I'd expect Weller to be back) so he'd be struggling to get picked next year unless the new coach gives him another shot.

He's been so unlucky tbh - he's very good at HB.

Didn't know that. Would've thought his lack of mobility would be an issue back there?

Didn't know that. Would've thought his lack of mobility would be an issue back there?

Not really, he was pretty good - not all-Australian good, but better than average.

Dew didn't like him (not rate him - like him) so back to the two's he went. Just like Uwland, Graham, Sharpe etc etc.

He's played 14 VFL games this season - and got 30+ touches in 9 of them.

Burgess and Constable would be cheap as chips, and really help your structure IMHO

Ralphy just said the Blues have said to Dow they won't stand in his way if he gets a better offer.
We should have a nibble. He's always wanted to play for us, so if it's not going to cost us too much, we should look at it.
I agree. Question is are we an attractive proposition to him knowing we've got a reasonably deep midfield rotation and we're likely to draft at least 1 if not 2 more midfielders. If he backs himself to compete for a spot against say Phillips and Powell then he's got a better chance of playing senior footy with us than the Blues but there might be other teams where he has even better opportunities.

Last edited:

If we offer constable a contract we'll be the laughing stock off the AFL.

I like going after Stephens purely based on the fact that he fits a position of need for us and has been very good at VFL level this year. He has an elite work-rate and tank which we're screaming out for; we need line-breaking wingers who provide run and carry and get meterage. He's been playing as a genuine on-baller at VFL level which has really helped him develop his defensive game with an average of 6 tackles per game.

My biggest issue with him is his kicking is fairly s**t. It's a pretty big issue to be honest but I'm taking him without a second thought if he comes cheap.
Don't stress Gavin Brown will sort it out.

How do you see this trade working?
Seeing as he can't get a game with the Suns, if he was OOC he'd be very cheap.
But he's contracted, so I imagine the onus is on the rival club to make it worth GC's while.

Not all the time, maybe he's surplus to their needs and can remove him from their list a year or two earlier to make room for other needs.

You've definitely got one OOC player you didn't name we've surely been chatting to as well.

Caleb Graham would be a nice get.

Actually why you're here Oswald, is it correct you guys need to shed your list from the AFL assistance this season? There may be some nice deals to be made between teams like ours.

You've definitely got one OOC player you didn't name we've surely been chatting to as well.

Caleb Graham would be a nice get.

Actually why you're here Oswald, is it correct you guys need to shed your list from the AFL assistance this season? There may be some nice deals to be made between teams like ours.
Oswald :D
Nice...

the penguin GIF

Weddle BFNAAK as well, and I believe we were keen on him too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back