Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had some thoughts on how to get what we want to target and who we're linked to.

Trade 1:

Hawks:
In: Pick 39
Out: Brockman

Eagles:
In: Brockman
Out: Pick 39

Trade 2:

Hawks:
In: Pick 25, Pick 44
Out: Pick 29, Kosi

Tigers:
In: Pick 29, Kosi
Out: Pick 25, Pick 44

Trade 3:

Hawks:
In: Pick 4, Chol, Pick 57, Pick 61
Out: F1st, Pick 25, Pick 44

Suns:

Trade 4:

Hawks:
In: Massimo
Out: F3rd

Essendon:
In: Hawks F3rd
Out: Massimo

Trade 5:

Hawks:
In: Pick 7, Sinn, Pick 38
Out: Pick 4

Cats:
In: Pick 4
Out: Esava, Pick 7

Port:
In: Esava
Out: Sinn, Pick 38

Trade 1:

Hawks:

Eagles:

Trade 2:

Hawks:

Tigers:

Trade 3:

Hawks:

Suns:

Trade 4:

Hawks:

Essendon:

Trade 5:

Hawks:

Cats:

Port:

Everything was looking brilliant until the end.

Trade 1:

Hawks:

Eagles:

Trade 2:

Hawks:

Tigers:

Trade 3:

Hawks:

Suns:

Trade 4:

Hawks:

Essendon:

Trade 5:

Hawks:

Cats:

Port:
I think you need to reverse the Suns ins and outs.

Trade 1:

Hawks:

Eagles:

Trade 2:

Hawks:

Tigers:

Trade 3:

Hawks:

Suns:

Trade 4:

Hawks:

Essendon:

Trade 5:

Hawks:

Cats:

Port:
The end is horrendous

How long to trade period MrPremiership ?
I will be will be all in on trade period while I am at work but anytime other than that I won’t waste it until the last 2 hours of the final day. It’s just bullshit until then, but at least it’s 2 weeks of entertainment while I am at work.

Pick 55.

Reamed.

Isn't that just poor list management by us? It was obvious he was never staying in Melbourne when he was contracted last year. Writing was on the wall. Understand it was an injury interrupted year which wouldve affected his value, but we should've traded for him then whilst we still had some sort of leverage.

Trade 1:

Hawks:

Eagles:

Trade 2:

Hawks:

Tigers:

Trade 3:

Hawks:

Suns:

Trade 4:

Hawks:

Essendon:

Trade 5:

Hawks:

Cats:

Port:

Yep, with you till that last trade.. Easier to trade 4 for GWS 6 & 15 or 3 for Demons 5 &13 instead and then do the last trade( still won't)

I don't think we will get 4. Only a chance close to end of trade period if Suns have actually traded their other players for enough points. Better to just do Chol+57+66+69 for Pick 30 instead of holding it all up if we don't like our chances.

And on last trade Sinn is fine but if we show too much interest, we will get squeezed. Esava is Port's problem, no need to push a top pick 3 spots down for Port or Sinn.

PS : mod's, Can we pls pin the draft picks order on top now that it is finalized, makes discussions accurate & easier.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is Josh Sinn's debut vs Us.

Pretty typical of a first gamer - just finding his way.
got rag-dolled on his first possession, but didn't demur after that.
I do like that he played in front, roved nicely under pressure a couple of times to win his own ball and connect with the handball.
He didn't seem to mind getting around the ball and demanding it in the heat of the contest, which is surprising given some of the comments about him on here.

He's actually a pretty decent sized frame and should fill out nicely.

I see a young guy doing his best to get involved but needs to adjust to the pace of the game.
Also, we smashed them in this match by 11 goals. We were all over them.

Well worth a shot IMO.

-

It was also the game where donuts Hinkley said “we met all our kpis I don’t know how we lost”

Isn't that just poor list management by us? It was obvious he was never staying in Melbourne when he was contracted last year. Writing was on the wall. Understand it was an injury interrupted year which wouldve affected his value, but we should've traded for him then whilst we still had some sort of leverage.
So we should have told a player who was about to have twins that we didn’t want to support him, and that we would send him home even though he was contracted?

There’s probably no greater way to burn your bridges with play managers and look like a club that doesn’t want to support it’s players, than to do that.

We made the right call to standby him and back ourselves in to be the club that would support him and have him settled in Melbourne with his new family.

I can only imagine the uproar on here if we had of traded him back to Western Australia last year, and then he came out in a media piece and said that he never wanted to leave Hawthorn.

So we should have told a player who was about to have twins that we didn’t want to support him, and that we would send him home even though he was contracted?

There’s probably no greater way to burn your bridges with play managers and look like a club that doesn’t want to support it’s players, than to do that.

We made the right call to standby him and back ourselves in to be the club that would support him and have him settled in Melbourne with his new family.

I can only imagine the uproar on here if we had of traded him back to Western Australia last year, and then he came out in a media piece and said that he never wanted to leave Hawthorn.
And he was out of contract at the end of 2022.

This!

Very true..disappointing to lose a player with Brockman’s Potential for nothing but we did the right thing as a club..
I worry the same will happen next year with Denver.. if he has a break out year the eagles will throw good money at him and if he has an urge to go home the eagles could get him for nothing too if they finish bottom… I wonder if we Look to extend him to avoid losing a pick 6 for no return..

Very true..disappointing to lose a player with Brockman’s Potential for nothing but we did the right thing as a club..
I worry the same will happen next year with Denver.. if he has a break out year the eagles will throw good money at him and if he has an urge to go home the eagles could get him for nothing too if they finish bottom… I wonder if we Look to extend him to avoid losing a pick 6 for no return..
Denver in a slightly different position not the same situation loved by the playing group not say tyler wasn't but he had twins.

For no other reason other than 'feel', my preferred options today, are McKercher, McCabe, Logan Morris, TJ in the draft. If we can somehow manage an extra top 6/7 pick, add Dursma, I'd be happy with that lot TBH.

I do reserve the right the change my mind. for no apparent reason. every day.

Yeah I don't share the same view as you. Players treat football as a business where it suits them, clubs should be allowed to do the same without the backlash (just like every other professional sporting code around the world) as long as it's handled professionally. It is well documented he had a desire to get home last year as well. If what Platten44 pointed out is correct, then the path we took sounds justified. Let's say hypothetically he was still in contract last year and the club knew he wanted out, the club should be proactive by facilitating trade, rather than risk losing him for nothing a year later. In addition to this, if we're letting the racism accusations get in the way of wise list management decisions (which I don't believe we are), then this will negatively impact our chances of building our next premiership contending list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back