Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he felt the pull last year but told people what they wanted to hear not knowing fully himself yet? Who knows apart from those close to him? It hurts that the compensation will be 55 after being told that he wouldn't go unless Hawthorn were looked after in the trade.

What are your thoughts on the that?
He re-signed last year with the twins on their way. That’s not telling people what they want to here. He was willing to stay and give it a shot.

My thoughts are that West Coast have obviously put work into him, he hasn’t considered Freo, and that he has decided that he wants to go home.

how many key position players have shown anything in their first 3 years? add covid into that development time frame and I'm happy to let DGB bubble along
That's my thinking also. Harris Andrews looked very ordinary and Weitering had his knockers also. It takes time and Sam and team know that.
I know when he was drafted he was 195cm so l think he would be a touch taller now, he is a really good mover for his size. Thinner physique helps.

For DGB he might want out next year but he’s currently worth SFA so we probably won’t do much worse next year. Best case scenario he comes good and we re-sign him on a long term deal

With him in his last year next year I would offer him a new 2 year deal as if decided to trade him we get at least something back as he could just walk for free.

And if he doesn’t want to sign trade him back to WA.

With him in his last year next year I would offer him a new 2 year deal as if decided to trade him we get at least something back as he could just walk for free.

And if he doesn’t want to sign trade him back to WA.
is this something you can do? i thought there was a rule you cannot trade players u re-signed to a deal that year

He re-signed last year with the twins on their way. That’s not telling people what they want to here. He was willing to stay and give it a shot.

My thoughts are that West Coast have obviously put work into him, he hasn’t considered Freo, and that he has decided that he wants to go home.
Brocky had no interest from any club last year. None. A few rounds in this year WCE had shown / increased its interest and that's when things changed. These things happen. We tried our best to keep him. He was happy with what hawthorn had done for him and his family. Good luck to him

Just because it wasn't documented doesn't make it false. if given the opportunity, Brocky most likely would've said yes and we could've spun it that the Hawks were letting him go home because of his young family and his ties that are in W.A. (even though most of his support family live here).

The ITK's also stated, and i'm sure you said it yourself, that he wouldn't leave if Hawthorn weren't properly compensated. If you think pick 55 in this years draft where it thins out from >30 is us getting fair value then good for you. I'm disappointed, but it is was it is and i wish him all the success.
As an ITK who said what was said, we do not make it up, it was what we are told. I do know we are still engaged with WC about Brocky. It might be seen as naive, but some times a principal is very important to uphold long term, particularly as it is an extension of the culture we are trying hard to uphold.

As an ITK who said what was said, we do not make it up, it was what we are told. I do know we are still engaged with WC about Brocky. It might be seen as naive, but some times a principal is very important to uphold long term, particularly as it is an extension of the culture we are trying hard to uphold.
Damn straight mate. Here, here

is this something you can do? i thought there was a rule you cannot trade players u re-signed to a deal that year
Have never heard or seen of this rule just seems to be assumed. Without such a rule, pick purchases can be done.

Club at Salary cap limits approaches club with "player with potential" who is OOC. Offer Pick X for player if you can sign player for 3 years at 500K per yr.

Trade player, pay salary for 3 yrs for say Pick 5.

Pick purchase of 1.5m.( just involves 1 or more players)

That's my thinking also. Harris Andrews looked very ordinary and Weitering had his knockers also. It takes time and Sam and team know that.
I know when he was drafted he was 195cm so l think he would be a touch taller now, he is a really good mover for his size. Thinner physique helps.
The problem with that comparison is that whilst Andrews and Weitering had their early struggles it was still clear that they had the size / strength / ability to become quality KPDs (I always thought the early knocks on Weitering were overdone as well).

Whereas DGB will never have the body type to be able to hold down Full Back / Centre Half Back. Which is why we are now taking about him as a rangy half forward.

Honestly none of us here can currently say with any certainty whether DGB will make it or not. A massive pre season for the young man coming up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe he felt the pull last year but told people what they wanted to hear not knowing fully himself yet? Who knows apart from those close to him? It hurts that the compensation will be 55 after being told that he wouldn't go unless Hawthorn were looked after in the trade.

What are your thoughts on the that?
It's not hard if you think about it. He didn't play a game last season so it would've been in his best interest to keep all options open Hawthorn included and then knuckle down and have a good season which he did in patches this year to remind both WA clubs of his immense talent. Tick job done.

Unfortunately we're at WC mercy in what they want to give us pick wise as compo so the club will have to ask themselves the question in that do we reject it and send him to the PSD where WC will happily snap him up for nothing or just take whatever they give us.

Anyways I'm sure I speak for the majority in hear that they are sick of hearing about Brockman as the kid is gone and there's nothing we can really do about it and IMO the more talk in here about it makes it sting even more because we all know the untapped potential the kid has. The HFC rolled the dice in picking him up knowing he was a flight risk to home and it has looked to have backfired so it's time to cut our losses and move on. It is however the time to start putting ourselves in a better position of power when it comes to scenarios like this because it seems we're getting played on all fronts atm.

It sounds like he re-signed to show other clubs (especially the WA ones) that he's still got it. If so then well done to the kid because if that's what he was after then mission completed. Unfortunately we know what this means for the HFC.

Yeah I don't share the same view as you. Players treat football as a business where it suits them, clubs should be allowed to do the same without the backlash (just like every other professional sporting code around the world) as long as it's handled professionally. It is well documented he had a desire to get home last year as well. If what Platten44 pointed out is correct, then the path we took sounds justified. Let's say hypothetically he was still in contract last year and the club knew he wanted out, the club should be proactive by facilitating trade, rather than risk losing him for nothing a year later. In addition to this, if we're letting the racism accusations get in the way of wise list management decisions (which I don't believe we are), then this will negatively impact our chances of building our next premiership contending list.
Maybe Tyler wanted to stay and thought he could make it work. And then this year he and his partner realised it was a lot harder than they thought and asked if they could get back home so they would have more support. Raising one kid is hard enough, let alone two at the same time with limited family support.

Brocky had no interest from any club last year. None. A few rounds in this year WCE had shown / increased its interest and that's when things changed. These things happen. We tried our best to keep him. He was happy with what hawthorn had done for him and his family. Good luck to him
Brocky bet on himself and won and for that you have to applaud the kid because it was a make or break season for him

yeah but DGB is not a key position, flanker at best
Now. I'm not saying that you are talking horseshit but

Denver Granger Barrass 195cm
Brian Lake 195cm
Matthew Scarlet 194cm
Alex Rance 194cm

Yes they were heavier but this - he's just a flanker talk is a bit strange.

After listening to a bit of trade radio and seeing the vomit that Cooney poses as a “mega trade” after having a twirl of the glass barbie, I thought I’d have a crack at a mega trade free of charge for Trade Radio

Essendon offer Gresham first round compo contract
St Kilda get pick 13

St Kilda trade pick 32 for Shiel

St Kilda trade pick 12 and 13 to Suns for pick 4 and future 2nd

Essendon trade pick 28, 32 and F3 to Suns for 12

WCE trade pick 34 to Hawks for Brockman

Hawks trade 30, 34 and F3 to Suns for Chol and 13

Which to sum it all up would mean:

So WCE give 34, Get Brockman
St Kilda give 12,13 Get 4 and F2
Essendon give Shiel, 28, 31, F3 for Pick 12,
Hawks give Brockman, 30 and F3 for 13 and Chol
Suns give 4, F2 and Chol, Get 28,30,31,34, F3 (Haw), F3 (ESS)

Suns give up 2048 in points and get back 2432

Hawks get their man in Chol, get a mid range R1 pick and get adequate compo for Brockman, thoughts?

The ITK's also stated, and i'm sure you said it yourself, that he wouldn't leave if Hawthorn weren't properly compensated.
People need to understand that this isn't a real thing that happens lol.

When push comes to shove after a player requests to move to a different club, they don't GAF if their previous club is happy with what they get in a trade - they just want to get to the new club. Any vague quotes implying otherwise are completely superficial.

Now. I'm not saying that you are talking horseshit but

Denver Granger Barrass 195cm
Brian Lake 195cm
Matthew Scarlet 194cm
Alex Rance 194cm

Yes they were heavier but this - he's just a flanker talk is a bit strange.
Reckon Grant Birchall (193cm) could ever play the same way as Jarryd Roughead (193cm)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back