2nds 2023 VFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Know a fair bit about Lachie and he will struggle at VFL level. Great bloke and will be terrific around the group but his skills are mid tier QAFL at best.

Have any of you seen him in intra club games?

makes you wonder why he would sign on at Aspley then and be at risk of missing out on their side given they have Watson, Stackelberg, Freeman as options up forward among many others!

makes you wonder why he would sign on at Aspley then and be at risk of missing out on their side given they have Watson, Stackelberg, Freeman as options up forward among many others!
I think Aspley are worried about him not being in their best 22 based on ability and he comes with points.

That will be embarrassing if he has to run around in QAFL Ressies.

A quick breakdown of Brisbane's 2023 VFL fixture.

• Opens Brighton Homes Arena in round 1.
  • Play most matches on Saturdays.
  • 7 interstate trips, mostly to Victoria.
  • 1 AFL curtain raiser.
  • They won't play Port Melbourne and North Melbourne.

Fixture Analysis (1).png

Here's also an article from Brendan Rhodes if you are interested in how it ranks up against other teams.

• 1 AFL curtain raiser.

View attachment 1604796

Here's also an article from Brendan Rhodes if you are interested in how it ranks up against other teams.

Luke Power coaching Carlton. Vossy is getting the band back together.

And Josh Drummond coaching the Suns.

• 1 AFL curtain raiser.

View attachment 1604796

Amazing how Casey, Southport and Lions finished 1-3 last year and according to this article all have softest draws?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is all i can find for now, from the Swans site.

The Sydney Swans VFL team have prevailed with a valiant victory over the Brisbane Lions (9.6.60 to 7.7.43) in their first pre-season match of the 2023 season.

7pm tonight v Southport at Brighton Homes Arena, Noah Answerth, James Madden, Kai Lohmann and Jaspa Fletcher are all playing. Cockatoo, Fort, Sharp and Joyce all backing up after last night as well.

7pm tonight v Southport at Brighton Homes Arena, Noah Answerth, James Madden, Kai Lohmann and Jaspa Fletcher are all playing. Cockatoo, Fort, Sharp and Joyce all backing up after last night as well.
Also Jarryd Lyons is playing tonight, meaning that we could officially say he’s been dropped from the AFL side now.

Jarrod Lyons still not out of round 1 selection for me.
If not round 1 then shortly after.
The provision is he has to be fully fit and ready to go.
Tonight, he just needs to play solid footy and get through the game with no issues.
If he ticks that box, then he still has a few training sessions to push his case for early selection.
Still 14 days to get his fitness level up after tonight.

We have 2 doubtful players for R1 in Zorko & Berry and i still rate Lyons ahead of Dev.

Jarrod Lyons still not out of round 1 selection for me.
If not round 1 then shortly after.
The provision is he has to be fully fit and ready to go.
Tonight, he just needs to play solid footy and get through the game with no issues.
If he ticks that box, then he still has a few training sessions to push his case for early selection.
Still 14 days to get his fitness level up after tonight.

We have 2 doubtful players for R1 in Zorko & Berry and i still rate Lyons ahead of Dev.
Has Gardiner been ruled out for round 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back