2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Rat and DMac are excellent depth players, they are just being paid like best 22 players.

I think we should keep this up. Young people are too quick to throw out legacy and history. Overpaying players who would not get a game anywhere else is what has made us the club we are today.

I say we lean into it and make our motto "Nimium Pecuniam" or "Too Much Money". More realistic than Challenge Accepted, tbh.

Rat and DMac are excellent depth players, they are just being paid like best 22 players.

I say we lean into it and make our motto "Nimium Pecuniam" or "Too Much Money". More realistic than Challenge Accepted, tbh.
I look at “challenge accepted” as being more like “hold my beer”

One club offers DMac 3 years at 400k and we say hold my beer

We give away a top ten pick in Bowes for nothing but then go, hold my beer

Challenge accepted makes much more sense when you think of it in this context 😉

Gonna be quite a few people we don't expect on the trade block at the end of the year. Feels like a clean out is coming.

I actually don’t see that at all. Whilst is frustrating to be continually frustrated who we going to trade? There will be some turnover of the list of about 10 players I reckon but we still haven’t matured as a team. Our best 22 still has holes to fill and the depth isn’t there. If Caleb Graham was any good he should be pushing Charlie Ballard to be dropped to VFL.

New Coach was always going to take a year to pat down the game plan.

Tonight hurts but I can’t see anyone in that 22 tonight that isn’t there next year.

I actually don’t see that at all. Whilst is frustrating to be continually frustrated who we going to trade? There will be some turnover of the list of about 10 players I reckon but we still haven’t matured as a team. Our best 22 still has holes to fill and the depth isn’t there. If Caleb Graham was any good he should be pushing Charlie Ballard to be dropped to VFL.

New Coach was always going to take a year to pat down the game plan.

Tonight hurts but I can’t see anyone in that 22 tonight that isn’t there next year.
Ship Luko off to SA, paid way to much for his output. Can't rely on him.
This will be the most controversial thing ever said on this board but I'd be listening to offers for Rowell. He is to slow for a midfielder his size and just still goes missing for large chunks of games. Isn't a good kick, can't win easy ball, doesn't run and carry, if he wasn't a number 1 pick he wouldn't be as protected as he is on here.

Ship Luko off to SA, paid way to much for his output. Can't rely on him.
This will be the most controversial thing ever said on this board but I'd be listening to offers for Rowell. He is to slow for a midfielder his size and just still goes missing for large chunks of games. Isn't a good kick, can't win easy ball, doesn't run and carry, if he wasn't a number 1 pick he wouldn't be as protected as he is on here.

I know what Dimma is doing next pre season and that’s inside 50 entries.

Getting rid of Luko and Rowell opens up the threat of other talented interstate players abandoning the ship.

We have the trade capital and squad now to turnaround this next year. Think another preseason for the kids and more strength we are a different team.

There is so many players out there whose confidence is shot

I know what Dimma is doing next pre season and that’s inside 50 entries.

Getting rid of Luko and Rowell opens up the threat of other talented interstate players abandoning the ship.

We have the trade capital and squad now to turnaround this next year. Think another preseason for the kids and more strength we are a different team.

There is so many players out there whose confidence is shot
Have to agree to disagree, I don't see the talent on this list to make the next step. We do not have enough skilled players or enough pace. Midfield is so bloody slow it's terrible to watch them try to cover a team like Brisbane that spread well from stoppages.

Getting a tad carried away, Rowell was the best player in the comp the first month. Still reckon his body is struggling with the workload of afl, especially with the style he plays. Has been said in previous years he has managed groin soreness and wouldn't surprise at all if he still has those issues.
Luko on the other hand I would be looking at our options. The forward line is dysfunctional and and feel like he is an issue. Doesn't play tall, doesn't play small no pressure. Come next year Read could play his position and be a threat in the air, run his defender ragged and still offer assistance in ruck.
Out luko, in bolton 😛( would have kicked 7 against that lions defence)

Getting a tad carried away, Rowell was the best player in the comp the first month. Still reckon his body is struggling with the workload of afl, especially with the style he plays. Has been said in previous years he has managed groin soreness and wouldn't surprise at all if he still has those issues.
Luko on the other hand I would be looking at our options. The forward line is dysfunctional and and feel like he is an issue. Doesn't play tall, doesn't play small no pressure. Come next year Read could play his position and be a threat in the air, run his defender ragged and still offer assistance in ruck.
Out luko, in bolton 😛( would have kicked 7 against that lions defence)
Here here

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After that, I’m bringing in Martin, Rioli, any player who knows how to win and will grab the moment and not shy away. We have so many losers on this list who are just content with being AFL players and don’t really care about performance or results as long as they are getting a match payment.

Also, I’ve never been more excited for the next 2 years of academy kids to come through and become the core of the team.

Some of you need to chill lol
No Way GIF

Wonder if Taylor walker would be worth a year to help organise our rabble of a forward line while walter and Read develop. Still quality and can actually kick it through the big ones. Bit of warmer weather might be good for the back also.

I feel like i've seen saying it all year.
I just find it interesting that when we play well someone like Luko is loved.

Our problem lies mostly in confidence and our age old loser mentality. We squander opportunities time and time again. Mentally we are pathetic. If the Hawks can carry someone as lazy as Chol I've got some news for you guys blaming Luko.

Until we overcome our mental weakness it won't matter how talented the team are or even how well rounded they are offensively/defensively.

Doubt, lack of belief and loser mindset will put us behind in every key moment we face especially in this era where moments in games decide outcomes.

Dusty expected to play this week, if he is over his back issues it will be interesting to see if he can recapture some past magic. Rioli has an ankle issue but is expected to play, put him on moon boot watch😎

Not sure which thread I was reading about a query on our Forward Coach.........but I just came across this, if we're looking for one.....apparently doing a good job with the forwards the past couple of years, but got moved to a new position this year, hence the need to move.......and Dimma has worked with him before.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Back