2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Malcolm Rosas and Levi Casboult (Gold Coast)

“With Malcolm Rosas, they’ve told him to have a look if he wants, but I think he would prefer to stay at the Gold Coast Suns, he’s contracted for next year.

“With Levi Casboult, they’ve told him to wait to see what happens until after the trade period.

“That just depends on who else the Gold Coast Suns can bring in.”

“With Malcolm Rosas, they’ve told him to have a look if he wants, but I think he would prefer to stay at the Gold Coast Suns, he’s contracted for next year.

“With Levi Casboult, they’ve told him to wait to see what happens until after the trade period.

Really surprised that they did not swap Day with Casboult.

Really surprised that they did not swap Day with Casboult dealings.
Its odd they delist a bloke that played afl games this year (some of them pretty good) over someone that is more out of favour and older.
Levi prob should have retired and had Day be the one to wait post trade (maybe rookie him)

Its odd they delist a bloke that played afl games this year (some of them pretty good) over someone that is more out of favour and older.
Levi prob should have retired and had Day be the one to wait post trade (maybe rookie him)
Exactly. Casboult looked spent when he played while Day played actually quite well. Puzzling for me. But good to keep Casboult for emergency.

What a turnaround from the early days where we were a revolving door of players leaving. Even the guys we tell to sod off don’t want to anymore. Probably because they are all overpaid still, but the point still stands.
#destinationclub
Now we can't get rid of them, what a strange position to be in.

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SAM DAY

One of very few inaugural Gold Coast Suns left in the AFL system, key forward Sam Day would be extremely unlucky if he doesn’t find himself a new home in 2025.

And while injuries have plagued an impressive 115-game carer to date, the 31-year-old showed at times in 2024 he can still cause major headaches for opposition defenders.

“He’s had so many horrific injuries … he just keeps coming back in – and you know what he is, he’s reliable,” Ralph stated.

“He hasn’t been officially delisted, so you wait until then … he’s an insurance pick, but he’s a player if you get three or four key injuries you know you can rely on him. You put him on your rookie list … I think he’s a smart acquisition.”

The Suns earlier today announced six delistings, with Day not one of them – making for an interesting next few weeks around his future.

Day kicked 10 goals from five games this season before a plantar fascia issue in his foot ruled him out for the remainder of his Round 17 game against North Melbourne – the same match he clunked a staggering six contested marks, with two goals 11 disposals to go alongside it.

The fact he wasn't announced with the delistings, yet we heard he wasn't being offered a contract - I guess he is assessing the market before trade period.

Sounds to me like it's been badly reported on with Rosas and Luko.

Sounds like 'explore your options' really meant that they both had problems with either selection or expectations this season and the club has basically said 'you can test the market and if you think it's going to be easier elsewhere we can try and facilitate something' but neither player actually WANTS to leave.

I would much rather keep Rosas if we can. He's really the only genuine small forward that looks threatening around goal that we have on our list.

PS. if we hold 6 I hope we bid on Kako.

Sounds to me like it's been badly reported on with Rosas and Luko.

Sounds like 'explore your options' really meant that they both had problems with either selection or expectations this season and the club has basically said 'you can test the market and if you think it's going to be easier elsewhere we can try and facilitate something' but neither player actually WANTS to leave.

I would much rather keep Rosas if we can. He's really the only genuine small forward that looks threatening around goal that we have on our list.

PS. if we hold 6 I hope we bid on Kako.
I reckon you are spot on.

Nice wake up call for both.

Casboult, Secco Holman & Lemmens still without a contract. Yet to see anything anywhere to update my spreadsheet

Davies offered 2. That is it 5 players left

Zero Hanger today.

Honestly can’t be mad with these delistings. Pretty much everyone I expected.

May even have a few more, depending on trade period. Still no Ace or Day/Casboult announced.

Then we have possible trades in and out. But we now have the list spots for a few moves if we want to, even without trading out players.

I wonder if we will now start recruiting VFL only players with our rookie list cuts. Would make sense, and may even include a couple of these players.

AFL 2024: Gold Coast Suns set to table Mac Andrew a contract in excess of eight years​

It is understood that the Suns are set to table Andrew a deal in excess of eight years worth over $1 million per season.
It is understood despite the lure of strong family ties in Melbourne, Andrew is happy at the Suns and has a desire to build a life for himself on the Gold Coast long-term, something the Suns are happy to accommodate.

Andrew enjoys playing under coach Damien Hardwick and believes the club is headed in the right direction despite a disappointing finish to the 2024 season.

“Now with ‘Dimma’ it feels like a whole new club, I feel like everyone’s a lot more connected, he’s made the club a much more open space,” Andrew said of the Suns to this masthead in July.
“I feel like I’m connecting with the staff a lot. You need to have that connection with everyone in the football club to challenge for premierships and build sustained success.

“Now over the past couple of years you see player retention and players wanting to stay … I know I want to stay and play under him (Damien Hardwick) for the rest of my career.

“I’m loving it up here (on the Gold Coast), I really enjoy it, you can’t complain, it’s good weather all year. I’ve made a home up here for myself and have a good crew that I hang out with everyday.”

SUNS SET STANCE ON LUKOSIUS

GOLD Coast is open to trading forward Jack Lukosius, with football boss Wayne Campbell saying the Suns are aware the South Australian has spoken to other clubs and is happy for it to continue.

Lukosius still has two years remaining on his contract after signing a four-year extension in 2022, but both parties are exploring their options.

Campbell told AFL.com.au it was an important time in the 24-year-old's career where he needed to make some "big decisions".

"We know he's spoken to some other clubs and we're aware of that and happy for that to happen," Campbell said.

"If he wants to progress his career here, we're happy for that. If he wants to have a look at another club, we're OK with that too.

"Ultimately, he might end up here, and if that was the case, we'd be more than happy."

"Systems can change and so can players," he said. We can change our system or Jack changes the way he plays. Those scenarios were put to Jack as well." – Michael Whiting

Remove this Banner Ad

2024/2025 Gold Coast Draft & Trade Periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Back