Play Nice 2024 AFL and State League Attendance

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez 16 flags.
You need to have experienced the last 20 years, with the supplements saga in the middle of it to really understand what it’s been like. 3-4 years with front page headlines several days a week… That really took a big toll on the fans. Its not just crap years without wins.. Only the Bomber fans can really explain its impact. There’s deep scar tissue in the fans psyche.

Do swans lead merch revenue?
The SCG always being red is quite the sight.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
We do wear the colours a lot and red sticks out well in a stadium.

Plus, the merch for our 150th year has been bloody outstanding - as my bank account can attest💸:tearsofjoy:

We do wear the colours a lot and red sticks out well in a stadium.

Plus, the merch for our 150th year has been bloody outstanding - as my bank account can attest💸:tearsofjoy:

Yeah it's the vibrant colour with white that really stands out. It's why I think team 20 would look cool as a vibrant green and white, coz the swans and roos colours stand out the most in a crowd imo.

Cumberland Stand is still closed, so can’t be anything amazing - but the Giants crowd actually looks reasonably healthy all around the ground level.

Hopefully a good sign before they likely host a final this September.
Official crowd: 10,801 at Engie Stadium

Good crowd vs Freo

At this point, I consider any crowd over 10k for the Giants to be a win.

-
Edit: Just the sixth 10k+ crowd at Engie Stadium for the Giants post-Covid (there have been many more in Canberra of course)
2x Swans, 1x Essendon, Collingwood, Carlton and now Fremantle

Swans and the big Vic clubs would've brought much more away support in Sydney than Fremantle, so this is a good sign for the Giants' fanbase going forward.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Extraordinary crowd.

Brisbane’s 3rd largest ever in a game that’s a dead rubber for Collingwood.

It means Collingwood finish the year with an average against non-Vic sides of over 61k. This is by a huge margin the best such result ever.

Extraordinary crowd.

Brisbane’s 3rd largest ever in a game that’s a dead rubber for Collingwood.

It means Collingwood finish the year with an average against non-Vic sides of over 61k. This is by a huge margin the best such result ever.

Imagine 5 years ago saying this. Well done Pies fans.

Lions fans turned up in good numbers.

Saw plenty of them at the Punt Road both on Levels 1 and 4.

This.

Brisbane get so underrated for their pull in Victoria.

The huge crowd against the Tiges in 2019 of 76K, other Richmond fans will beg to differ, but there was 20K of them there.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

And Brisbane fans. Looked like there were a lot of them.
I was at the game. Probably 10-15,000 lions at the game. M3 to M4 was full of lions fans and then from q1-q6 was full of lions fans. Seen plenty of old Fitzroy scarfs, jackets and jumpers at the game.

Still amazing turnout from the magpie army. Dead rubber and till still draw 45-50,000 Collingwood fans I don’t think any other club except for west coast could draw that many people through the turnstiles

This.

Brisbane get so underrated for their pull in Victoria.

The huge crowd against the Tiges in 2019 of 76K, other Richmond fans will beg to differ, but there was 20K of them there.

Don't think anyone is under rating the lions, i haven't seen anyone disparage them in their attendances. Lions have the 2nd biggest interstate support here. I'm one of them who differs on the 20K. I was there like I am every game. Crowd was 76,995

Having worked in membership, lions have upwards of 10K in membership here with the swans fast approaching 15K.

Sydney is by far the biggest interstate supporter group in Vic and can bring upwards of 15k, they wouldn't even bring 20K so not sure how the lions would bring that many. Lions can bring 7-10K at the best of times, maybe 12-15K for the bigger games, but 20K is a stretch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice 2024 AFL and State League Attendance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back