Player Watch 2024 AFL Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Same rules as every other year.

This isn’t the thread to talk about your ladder predictions or declarations of how interested you are in the draft in response to a win/loss, nor is it the thread to declare who you want to trade for.
Those posts will be deleted.

Talk about the kids in the draft.

Another strong performance from Trainor in the second of the Academy games although not quite at the BOG standard of game 1. He and his defensive cohort struggled at times with the size and marking power of the Footscray forwards, and his normally strong disposal was at times a little wayward.

Last edited:

I typically just post the F/S and academy kids to their club boards, but this was a BOG performance by Levi so some of you might be interested:

Levi won the possession count again for the Academy in game two and was named best on ground for his performance. Matched up against the mature Footscray mids he was tough and strong in both the stoppages and general contested situations around the ground showing that he's more than just an outside accumulator.

Jagga followed up his solid performance in game one with an excellent outing here. Not overawed by the size of the more mature Footscray players, Jagga cracked in hard all game to win contests and provided some polish on the outside.

Shanahan and Trainor look look like the two top talls. Don’t care how we do it, want one of them. No more mids with top picks.
We have to take FOS or Smilie pick 2 for mine. Need more class and they sound a level above the next crop. If we can somehow get another top 10 in all for a KPF.

We have to take FOS or Smilie pick 2 for mine. Need more class and they sound a level above the next crop. If we can somehow get another top 10 in all for a KPF.
Agree - no splitting picks of picks if it’s 2-4 we need elite talent. Need to get creative or trade out a player with substantial value - no idea who. If Worpel wanted to go to Geelong I wouldn’t fight it too hard

Agree - no splitting picks of picks if it’s 2-4 we need elite talent. Need to get creative or trade out a player with substantial value - no idea who. If Worpel wanted to go to Geelong I wouldn’t fight it too hard
Just need North to pay Hardwick $850k. God knows they need him. So do we but you’d have to let him leave if it was first round compo. Anyway won’t happen

Just need North to pay Hardwick $850k. God knows they need him. So do we but you’d have to let him leave if it was first round compo. Anyway won’t happen

I wonder if frost could get and band 1 compo I don’t think so but if a club offered Mckay a contract that big they may offer frost one.

I do feel we need to keep him but as he fills a purpose at the moment until we have developed another tall.

I wonder if frost could get and band 1 compo I don’t think so but if a club offered Mckay a contract that big they may offer frost one.

I do feel we need to keep him but as he fills a purpose at the moment until we have developed another tall.
I genuinely started laughing. Also use commas mate.

Keep our first pick, that's a no brainer but could entice a club to swap out future first with their pick from this draft. That way we get two top 8 picks from this draft. That's off course, if we want a gun midfielder plus a kp from this year's draft .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I genuinely started laughing. Also use commas mate.
Just shows how stupid the system is that it can even be suggested. Should have at least something to do with the calibre of the player being traded out (B&F results, Brownlow votes etc) not just oppo contact offer which is easily manipulated.. ridiculous system..

surely we will be looking for KPD in MSD as 1st choice, then KPF.

Mids should be last on list.

Not like we will play Cal Brown or Max Hall over Ward, HH in seniors anytime soon.

For MSD. Jasper Scaife is a 197cm 20yo KPF who's just made the WA state squad. Surely worth a look

Would seem like a good choice on paper but I can’t seem to find 2024 highlights. Problem is north need KP as well we need to rely on them inexplicably taking another mid.

Would seem like a good choice on paper but I can’t seem to find 2024 highlights. Problem is north need KP as well we need to rely on them inexplicably taking another mid.
I agree, haven't seen anything but on paper looks like a great fit.

Not sure of the rankings for the MSD but if there's a time to draft for need this is it. We don't need another mid.

NM the worry here. Think it's unlikely we jump WCE between now and 29 May.

I agree, haven't seen anything but on paper looks like a great fit.

Not sure of the rankings for the MSD but if there's a time to draft for need this is it. We don't need another mid.

NM the worry here. Think it's unlikely we jump WCE between now and 29 May.
There’s a forward from Collingwood VFL called Jack Hutchinson that sounds promising. Think he is the early favourite to go pick 1 in the MSD so far.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back