Player Watch 2024 AFL Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Same rules as every other year.

This isn’t the thread to talk about your ladder predictions or declarations of how interested you are in the draft in response to a win/loss, nor is it the thread to declare who you want to trade for.
Those posts will be deleted.

Talk about the kids in the draft.

According to the heraldSun Ned Maginness has nominated for the 2024 draft, Ky Burgoyne has not yet done so!
Would we even bother with either? Sounds like it'd be Anderson and one other pick.

Would we even bother with either? Sounds like it'd be Anderson and one other pick.
i think its Anderson and 1 other pick too, i wonder who Sleepy Mark has up his sleeve?

Anderson being that in and under Worpel back up in case of injury, we currently lack injury cover for what Worpel contributes, winning the hard ball, as our other mids rely more on being fed or winning the free ball then delivering it forward, every team needs the unheralded blue collar worker.

I honestly am not sure 🤔…. We have seemed to had some interest in Maginness, Ned. I am wondering if we upgrade a rookie and put Ned on the rookie list.

Ned has nice skills, has had a massive growth spurt around 193 cm now and a load of pace. Started playing the Nash role at the dragons In 2024.

i think its Anderson and 1 other pick too, i wonder who Sleepy Mark has up his sleeve?

Anderson being that in and under Worpel back up in case of injury, we currently lack injury cover for what Worpel contributes, winning the hard ball, as our other mids rely more on being fed or winning the free ball then delivering it forward, every team needs the unheralded blue collar worker.

I reckon Ward would be jumping at the bit to have ago at the Worpel role!

There are only 3 picks they have before ours between them and they get a new pick when a bid is made, so that is only +1 spot if they were to hold the picks they currently have. Also GC will match a bid who don't have a pick before ours so if everything stays as it is now, our pick will stay exactly at 33.

However, I think what will likely happen is Brisbane and Essendon doing further trades with those picks and potentially having none before our 33 at the time of matching, meaning it will be pushed out slightly.

On the plus side, our picks in the 70s should come into the late 50s after all the bid-matching :)
Both Brissy and Dons are teams we should talk to to do bid swap. I bet other teams are doing the same too.

Basically swap one of their top pick for our future pick. Dons have enough points, so they are most likely to bite.

Pick 28 for our F2(blues) and after Kako bid, they take our pick 33 for their F2.

Gives us a better chance at landing Barrat or Hamish Davis.

I honestly am not sure 🤔…. We have seemed to had some interest in Maginness, Ned. I am wondering if we upgrade a rookie and put Ned on the rookie list.

Ned has nice skills, has had a massive growth spurt around 193 cm now and a load of pace. Started playing the Nash role at the dragons In 2024.

I wouldn't be expecting Ned to be on the list.

When he had his VFL game, Zane Littlejohn said something along the lines of 'it was great they had an opportunity to play together' (referencing Finn).

Just the way he worded it and how it was being spoken about it made it sound like it was a one-time only occasion and it was unlikely that we'd be drafting him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch 2024 AFL Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back