List Mgmt. 2024 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Louie Montgomery, Rome Burgoyne & Oliver Francou as rookies
Don't think we'll have any trouble picking these 3. Can already see a nice role coming up in the AFL side for Francou if he could sharpen up some skills. Looks a good build

Last edited:
So:
Barrett - explosively quick; plays forward and mid; got some tricks; pretty small; needs to impact the scoreboard more.
Francou - strong bodied; great accumulator; lacks leg speed; disposal by foot a bit iffy.
Montgomery - savvy; good decision maker; defender but could play midfield; good kick.
Rome - reads play well; classy and skillful like Jase; not hard at it.
Ky Burgoyne - athletically excellent; lacks skills and footy smarts; blocking defender only (brother Percy(?) in Westies' under 16's atm).

So:
Barrett - explosively quick; plays forward and mid; got some tricks; pretty small; needs to impact the scoreboard more.
Francou - strong bodied; great accumulator; lacks leg speed; disposal by foot a bit iffy.
Montgomery - savvy; good decision maker; defender but could play midfield; good kick.
Rome - reads play well; classy and skillful like Jase; not hard at it.
Ky Burgoyne - athletically excellent; lacks skills and footy smarts; blocking defender only (brother Percy(?) in Westies' under 16's atm).

Just querying that assessment, not how I saw him in his trial with the Maggies. Did you pick up something different? He's also a strong body, could be ready to play from round 1.

Just querying that assessment, not how I saw him in his trial with the Maggies. Did you pick up something different? He's also a strong body, could be ready to play from round 1.
Just going by what posters here, plus the report in today's rag which had recruiter's comments, about them.

Guess I should have clarified they were what I had gleaned from other's comments, as I personally haven't seen any (other than Montgomery) in the flesh. He looked fairly reasonable, for a kid with no experience above U18 level going straight into league.

Anyone watched much of Ayden Hodgson from West Adelaide in the u18s? Kid's racked up some big numbers and ultra consistent but feels like he's snuck under the radar. If Port had two late picks, him and Polkinghorne would be great additions imo.

Idk whether Houston leaves or not and whether we get a first round pick, but there's some real gems in this draft and those 2 from SA are fast becoming my favourite prospects. If our list spot allowed for it I'd would've liked us to have 3-4 picks (outside of the NGA + 3 F/S). I know a club normally doesn't take that many picks but this is a draft I'd consider stacking some late ones outside of the ones tied to our club.

Seen a kid for the Rebels in TAC cup last week. Oliver Hannaford not high up in draft talk. But this kid looks the prototype of the hard running high half forward. Never gives up, opposition panic when his around and likes a goal.
BOG 5 goal performance in a tight win for the Rebels on the weekend. Last 4 games in the Coates League 2,2,2,5 goals in the best 3 for Rebels in all them games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is a perfect year to load up on first and second round talent and father, sons later in the draft and rookie listed.
This year's first round, especially early on, isn't as elite as previous years imo. I'd load up on 2nd round or 3rd round picks but there's even some gems to be picked after that

Barrett with a big game for Panthers Reserves. 29 disposals, 21 being kicks, 8 tackles and 14 clearances!

Is he a certainty at Ports or can another club snap him up ?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This year's first round, especially early on, isn't as elite as previous years imo. I'd load up on 2nd round or 3rd round picks but there's even some gems to be picked after that
I just don’t know if we cut our list that deep this year.

I would rather load up on First round talent next year and give Jackson, Williams, Sinn, K.Marshall, McCallum, Charleson, McIntee 12 month warning.

Expect McKenzie, Dixon, Clurey and Boak to make way this year. If we get a first rounder this year I would be more inclined to delist Burton than McCallum. Understand some may want K.Marshall gone this offseason also, but I would hold for one more, height and athleticism he possess doesn’t fall from trees.

If we losing Houston, try and get three first rounders next year. Be happy to only take Barrett, Burgoyne, Montgomery and Francou this year.

Last edited:

I would rather load up on First round talent next year and give Jackson, Williams, Sinn, K.Marshall, McCallum, Charleson, McIntee 12 month warning.

Expect McKenzie, Dixon, Clurey and Boak to make way this year. If we get a first rounder this year I would be more inclined to delist Burton than McCallum. Understand some may want K.Marshall gone this offseason also, but I would hold for one more, height and athleticism he possess doesn’t fall from trees.

If we losing Houston, try and get three first rounders next year. Be happy to only take Barrett, Burgoyne, Montgomery and Francou this year.

Ratagolea, Georgiadies, Rioli
SPP, T.Marshall, Rozee
J.Burgoyne, Wines, Lorenz
Farrell, Aliir, L.Evans
Jones, BZT, Bergman
Sweet, JHF, Butters
Drew, DBJ, Mead, Sinn
Narkle

Lord, Scully, Barrett
F.Evans, Finlayson, Anastapopolous
Charleson, Francou, McCallum
R.Burgoyne, Walsh, Montgomery
Moss, K.Marshall, Williams
Soldo, Jackson, McIntee
Visintini, Moore, Top up, Top Up

Reads far ‘better’ balanced than we currently Trott out.

I would rather load up on First round talent next year and give Jackson, Sinn, K.Marshall, McCallum, Charleson, McIntee 12 month warning.

I'll partially disagree on this one.

I think McKenzie, Dixon, Clurey, McEntee, McCallum, Burton should be traded or delisted. I also think there's a chance Williams gets delisted because they dont seem to rate him that much. Boak should get a contract imo, unless the dream happens and we win a flag this year in which case I see him retiring

SPP comes back on the active list which takes up a spot. I'd take Barrett, Burgoyne, Montgomery and Francou for sure but on top of that I think we should take 2 mid-late picks. I'd be looking at the likes of Josh Murphy, Charlie Nicholls, Ayden Hodgson, Jesse Dattoli, Luke Urquhart, Patrick Said, Jay Polkinghorne (personal favourite) and Jack Ough. I think any of those would be nice additions.

I agree on the fact that our first rounders shouldn't be wasted this year and if we do lose Houston, I'd like to shift those to next year if possible. I'd almost rather 2 2nd round picks than a mid-late first round pick in this draft.

Does anyone know the specifics of the Rookie listing rules?

Atm I think Port have Williams, Narkle, McEntee, Logan Evans and Walsh on the rookie spots. I think we are allowed one more given the cap is 6 for Cat A rookies?

Jacob Moss joins as Cat B rookie.

I suspect Logan Evans gets upgraded to primary list, but I think you can only retain 3 rookies from one year to the next which means one of Williams, Narkle, McEntee and Walsh need to either be upgraded or delisted?

Its interesting cause I can see maybe 2 of our F/S being taken in the rookie draft

Does anyone know the specifics of the Rookie listing rules?

Atm I think Port have Williams, Narkle, McEntee, Logan Evans and Walsh on the rookie spots. I think we are allowed one more given the cap is 6 for Cat A rookies?

Jacob Moss joins as Cat B rookie.

I suspect Logan Evans gets upgraded to primary list, but I think you can only retain 3 rookies from one year to the next which means one of Williams, Narkle, McEntee and Walsh need to either be upgraded or delisted?

Its interesting cause I can see maybe 2 of our F/S being taken in the rookie draft
I think Logan Evans was drafted straight on to the main list already.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back