No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

It's their perspective. Maybe people who share that perspective and their experiences can relate in some way.

I couldn't relate to it one bit. I absolutely love living with my missus and the moment she knocks off and walks in the door usually late at night is the highlight of my day. But that's us. Darcy Moore and his partner are Darcy Moore and his partner.

I don't care or understand why they felt compelled to share their perspective on a podcast. But I also know I and almost everyone else wouldn't have even known about them sharing this on a podcast if a bunch of media outlets (conveniently mostly News Corp-related) and hate-mongers on Twitter and the like hadn't covered it and shared it so rabidly.

A parallel: when Chad Warner had that nude 'leak' a few years back, I don't remember seeing or hearing a single thing about Warner's "nudes" anywhere on the internet. Until a bunch of news outlets reported on it. And then suddenly I was seeing it everywhere. Because a bunch of grimy outlets exploited it for scandal and clicks. Hate-mongers do the exact same thing on topics they're supposedly "sick of seeing and hearing about."
Yep. I'm the same.
Today "love" is strange.

What I find strange is who are the people that actually care enough about this so called 'news' that it becomes news in the first place.

They can do whatever the hell they want in their private life - no one should care at the end of the day. Its fine for them to put out a podcast or whatever else, saying whatever they want. But that really doesn't make it newsworthy.

The 24 hour news cycle, where there is so much digital space to fill with 'noise' has a lot to blame for. When vomit like this, or for a while there, reporting on every time Bec Judd farted becomes 'news', then you have to question what on earth is going wrong haha.

What I find strange is who are the people that actually care enough about this so called 'news' that it becomes news in the first place.

They can do whatever the hell they want in their private life - no one should care at the end of the day. Its fine for them to put out a podcast or whatever else, saying whatever they want. But that really doesn't make it newsworthy.

The 24 hour news cycle, where there is so much digital space to fill with 'noise' has a lot to blame for. When vomit like this, or for a while there, reporting on every time Bec Judd farted becomes 'news', then you have to question what on earth is going wrong haha.
It wouldn’t become news if there wasn’t a dollar to be made.

I think you underestimate how many minor celebrities seek to monetise their “fame”.

Bec Judd and Nadia Bartel aren’t doing the media circus for free.

And in fairness, we posters come here to gossip about players and the AFL. Others love gossip of a different type (such as the latest yoga trend Nadia Bartel is being paid to endorse).

I think it’s all fine. But if you want to be paid to expose your private life, expect the peanut gallery to chitter about it.

Last edited:

Maynard in the clear. The AFL is officially cooked.
Joe Biden Smile GIF

My understanding of the difference is that Heeney’s was determined to be behind the ball while Maynard’s was on the ball since he has possession.

I’m not defending that differentiation, just stating it. If you watch the two incidents, the high contact in one appeared totally accidental and in the other pretty much intentional. But I guess the closer comparison to Maynard’s action is the raised elbow from Chad a couple of months ago that drew no sanction.
Loving the balanced & fair insight & addition to the duscussion here....

But.... It's Maynard...

maynard braydenmaynard GIF by CollingwoodFC

It wouldn’t become news if there wasn’t a dollar to be made.

I think you underestimate how many minor celebrities seek to monetise their “fame”.

Bec Judd and Nadia Bartel aren’t doing the media circus for free.

And in fairness, we posters come here to gossip about players and the AFL. Others love gossip of a different type (such as the latest yoga trend Nadia Bartel is being paid to endorse).

I think it’s all fine. But if you want to be paid to expose your private life, expect the peanut gallery to chitter about it.
Oh I understand DQ why it becomes 'news', and don't doubt there is a monetary element to this. But doesn't mean one can't question what the world has become when stuff like this is actually seen to be 'newsworthy', that's all.

So they made a podcast not wanting engagement? Sounds a bit backwards.
They didn't "make a podcast." Moore's partner hosts a sex education podcast where she talked about it. Pretty standard subject matter for a podcast centered around sex and relationships.

They didn't "make a podcast." Moore's partner hosts a sex education podcast where she talked about it. Pretty standard subject matter for a podcast centered around sex and relationships.
That's what I said, although ok just her talking about it not him.

Have we gone full circle from Christian guilt to "patriarchal structures" guilt?

Bloody hell.

Would/should we make a play for Oliver? Probably can’t afford him, but IMO we’d be one club that could turn him around?

Two years ago maybe, but with that contract? Melbourne would have to pay half of it at least. Would they even do that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was a elite player may get there again if he applies himself

Talent isn’t at question application is. Not saying I’d trade for him BUT I wouldn’t say a flat out no either

Razor Ray to retire , say what you want at least he had a personality and not a robot like some others and he was annoying , but i still think he was a decent ump . He got on SEN every couple of weeks and was totally honest

He’s grown on me, better than the majority at least.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back