No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Am I the only one who could care less about the pre-game entertainment?

Robbie was good (unfortunately ended up being the sole highlight for most of us), but I was more or less just waiting for the action to start.

Was just on the phone with Rihanna on her way back from Paris. She said she would've done the grand final but she wanted to spend a cosy September at home just the two of us.
Nice get, my music wife is Mia Wallace

Kiss have 4.6mil views on youtube for the afl gf performance...wow

Yeah, this is kind of what I'm getting at that the acts are chosen for getting more eyeballs on the performance on TV/youtube/whatever and the hope that some people then use that as a gateway to watching the sport.

I think KISS were very much a choice of last resort and it worked out better than expected.

Last edited:
Agreed, it's about time everyone ditched the radio music and tuned into true music for the soul - progressive trance. If Above & Beyond performed at the half-time show the players would automatically lift to another level in the 3rd qtr and we'd see football played on a frequency never seen before.

Americans are the ones who create the box with their generic rubbish lol. I don't blame Americans for having shit taste because they're already born handicapped, but i do shake my head at Aussies who think it's Aussie to listen to Luke Combs around a campfire wearing an Akubra. Very cringe.
Don't knock Luke Combs, his version of Fast Car is one of my all time favourite songs. Couldn't name another song he sings, but he gets a pass for me for Fast Car.

What does that prove .
Proves that he's funny!

Don't knock Luke Combs, his version of Fast Car is one of my all time favourite songs. Couldn't name another song he sings, but he gets a pass for me for Fast Car.

Proves that he's funny!
I might be in trouble for veering off topic, but why do you like Combs’s version? It’s a pretty strait-laced cover that doesn’t try to do much different to the original but with a smoother (ie blander) voice. I don’t think it captures the blend of naive optimism giving way to weary resignation of the original. I’ll stick with Tracy!

My diss only goes to those fake cowboys who think Luke Combs has anything to do with an Aussie country vibe. I go camping with a few mates and the outback vibe prompts them to put on those American country songs around a campfire, i'm like dude there is no relevance what so ever, and the accent is cringe. Also shits me when bogan live band singers put on a hard Texas accent and sing em one after another.

Agreed, it's about time everyone ditched the radio music and tuned into true music for the soul - progressive trance. If Above & Beyond performed at the half-time show the players would automatically lift to another level in the 3rd qtr and we'd see football played on a frequency never seen before.

Americans are the ones who create the box with their generic rubbish lol. I don't blame Americans for having shit taste because they're already born handicapped, but i do shake my head at Aussies who think it's Aussie to listen to Luke Combs around a campfire wearing an Akubra. Very cringe.
Their death metal scene is mint to be fair. But agree with the rest of the post.

!
Now you’ve done it zyzzbruh 🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can they play Paint It Black?
I got 5 different covers of that songs in my library, though I have plenty The Rolling Stones covers. W.A.S.P. and Sister Sin does the best cover in my library. Liv "Sin" Jagrell of Sister Sin is great

If it were up to me Paint It Black would be non-negotiable, but tough gig. To please the masses you'd have to fit Satisfaction, Gimme Shelter, Start Me Up etc.

The cons of being the GOATs!
Much like Iron Maiden. Too many songs to choose from. I hope they play The Number of the Beast in September. Wasn’t in their set list last year

People say there is no local talent anymore. I pointed two bands that are doing well overseas.

And if you think my knowledge is poor on music, think again. Just because I don’t know what’s going on in the world of pop music, doesn’t mean I’m limited elsewhere

Unlike some I look outside the media to look for talent. Believe me, there’s a lot of talent outside from Australian Idol etc that gets deliberately overlooked
If they selected some JJJ band, it’d flop.

People at the GF want sing-alongs & spectacular visuals, they don’t care if it has artistic merit or not.

My wife LOVED Robbie Williams, even though she’s never bought one of his albums. His performance suited the event.

Katy Perry is a has-been, but she’ll perform some of the old hits, be surrounded by dancers & a few fireworks …. It’ll be ok.

If it were up to me Paint It Black would be non-negotiable, but tough gig. To please the masses you'd have to fit Satisfaction, Gimme Shelter, Start Me Up etc.

The cons of being the GOATs!

I thought you said The Stones not The Beatles?

If they selected some JJJ band, it’d flop.

People at the GF want sing-alongs & spectacular visuals, they don’t care if it has artistic merit or not.

My wife LOVED Robbie Williams, even though she’s never bought one of his albums. His performance suited the event.

Katy Perry is a has-been, but she’ll perform some of the old hits, be surrounded by dancers & a few fireworks …. It’ll be ok.
I liked Robbie Williams and a couple of his songs but he was good though. Shame he follows Carlton but you can’t fix stupid though

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back