No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Their fixture every year is absolutely farcical yet they have the gall to think they are being disadvantaged(not kidding they think they are hard done by)

I dunno if its true as i CBF checking but i heard Essendon haven't left Melbourne since 12??

Disproportionate advantage in a long season especially with recovery and backing up.
Yes Bombers have 10 games in a row in Melbourne. They did play 5 of their fist 12 games outside Victoria. The draw will always be inequitable and does throw out some strange results for the Victorian clubs.

Harry Mckay injured it looks like.

Do Carlton have 23 players

What a crazy season it has been. It’s seems there is no little between a good win and an embarrassing loss. It’s like being 5% up or down on performance results in a 50% turnaround on the scoreboard.

Typical ****ing VFL. Craig McRae just received a warning 🙄

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Their fixture every year is absolutely farcical yet they have the gall to think they are being disadvantaged(not kidding they think they are hard done by)

I dunno if its true as i CBF checking but i heard Essendon haven't left Melbourne since 12??

Disproportionate advantage in a long season especially with recovery and backing up.
Round 12, or 2012. Serious question

What a crazy season it has been. It’s seems there is no little between a good win and an embarrassing loss. It’s like being 5% up or down on performance results in a 50% turnaround on the scoreboard.
I'm going to butcher a quote from one of our players at a fan day a decade or so ago. (I think it was Nick Smith) He said there was about a five percent difference between the best and worst teams in the competition. A very small shift in performance in two teams results in a bottom four team upsetting a top four team or one team smashing a team they should be evenly matched with.

How accurate it is in reality, I don't know but I keep it in mind for both the fantastic and horrendous.

Last edited:
I'm going to butcher a quote from one of our players at a fan day a decade or so ago. (I think it was Nick Smith) He said there was about a five percent difference between the next and the worst teams in the competition. A very small shift in performance in two teams results in a bottom four team upsetting a top four team or one team smashing a team they should be evenly matched with.

How accurate it is in reality, I don't know but I keep it in mind for both the fantastic and horrendous mistakes.

That looked about a 30% drop against Port for that type of Margin

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters 2024 AFL General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back