Preview 2024 AFL Season, Round 14: Brisbane Lions v St Kilda Saints, Friday 14th of June 7:40pm AEST, Gabba, Brisbane, Yugerra, Toorabul

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is it that Brisbane can come up against 2 teams consecutively that have not had a rest via bye while they have had two.
Really Kane and Dillon are absolutely incompetent and should immediately be dismissed.
The FIXture is an absolute dogs breakfast and the bias towards these AFL booster clubs is bordering on corrupt.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
We have copped a raw deal this year , we have hardly had a home game - ok it changes in the 2nd part of the year but the season is basically over by then anyway.

Jones hey, I hope he is the sub - it's a really strange choice when Garcia is available. I know we need to support Saints players but I'm not a fan of Jones. I like Seb, he's been a warrior but again, what can he do that Hugo cannot?

I thought Paton was a chance with the injury to Webster (and Stocker still out - thanks Danger). I'll be surprised if we can control Charlie.

Happy to see Sharman in for Membrey, better not be sub.

Good old Cordy break glass option again, imagine getting murdered by Levi bloody Casboult then getting promoted. Not much we can do about that though.

I feel it's going to be a long night tomorrow night. Considering the predicament we seem to be in, I'd rather see kids like Garcia and Hastie running around.

Cordy has played pretty well this season at Sandy

Garcia & Hastie can work on their craft in the VFL for now. Might see them again towards the end of the year I reckon. Jones will probably injure himself running up the race to warm up, so nothing to worry about there.
We'll lose.
It 'aint tanking when you try. We're just genuinely shit.

You just know that we’re setting ourselves for pick 4 and these idiots will start winning and finish 9th.

If I was Lyon for the first few behind kick outs I would be getting Arie to launch as long and as far as he can .... past the center .... do it for the first 3 or 4 or 5 times

That will get Brions on the backfoot clearing space in their 50 as the majority of their players will advance back to the center line anticipating this gameplay especially if it works a few times in our favour .... after this Arie may go a bit shorter which will put the Brions in 2 minds on how to set up and where to go

That boot is not only a weapon but we can use it to get the game on our terms and make the Brions reactive
Only problem is Brissie will be 8 goals 1 by then.

Can see Cameron and Bailey getting off the chain in this one. We have three established competent small lockdown defenders on the list - two are injured and the other is an emergency. I guess you can put a line through Paton because this would be the perfect time to play him.

I'm expecting the absolute epitome of Rossball. We don't have the cattle to match Brisbane so I expect to see this game shut down as much as possible. That could mean a tight loss or could mean a 10 goals to 3.

How is it that Brisbane can come up against 2 teams consecutively that have not had a rest via bye while they have had two.
Really Kane and Dillon are absolutely incompetent and should immediately be dismissed.
The FIXture is an absolute dogs breakfast and the bias towards these AFL booster clubs is bordering on corrupt.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
I stand with CFMEU. Down with the AFL

Not playng Paton against brisbane would be the mistake of the round.

Or as the Lions are just above us on the ladder...

1718284966658.png

...the subtle way to tank.

We play the Lions twice yet. Lose both and we are say 14th. Win both and we are say 11th

1718285126283.png

Aschcroft most likely will get matched. I f Lions finish low they will trade away their first pick. They may trade it anyway as would go for Aschcroft quite likely anyway.

If we finish say 14/15 we get a good choice of mids. Maybe two IF we get Band 1 FA IF Battle goes.

At 11 there are still mids, but arguably not quite as good.

Tomorrow is effectively our last game for this month (next game is on last day of June), so I suppose with the flight up to Brisbane and stuff we might just be giving the kids a long break, who knows. I don’t really care if it’s injury, or form or strategy, cos what do I know?

I have faith in the coaches, for now, and until they erode my trust, which simply won’t happen this season given that this is still early days for us post Ratten and co.

NAS out is a real shame, tho I am mildly interested to see who (if any) step up in his absence, that’s a lot of crucial disposals up for grabs for a player trying to make their mark. Might shake things up if we aren’t trying to funnel everything through him, just like how when king is out we find other ways. I love Nas, and we are way better with him than without, but because he’s such an important cog, it potentially could be a circuit breaker if he’s out, but I’m just spitballing here.

That’s the kinda season we’re having really, I just get a kick out of seeing little potentialities of the team here and there, because we should be better than what we are… and yet, our best is still not good enough, so it’s an interesting, frustrating position. Brisbane in a similar boat (even tho they were a goal away from a premiership last season).

It’s a slow process hey, keep the kids coming, keen to get some eyes on Arie at the level, apart from that, no expectations on the game frankly, I’d be over the moon if we play attacking footy and that’s about it.

Peace

Cool story bro....

But he never played against Essendon in his 16 senior games with us.

View attachment 2018502

View attachment 2018505

PS: From what I recall he was a decent intercept mark, but his defensive skills were poor and his kicks tended to be floaters.
Yep, it was the Footscray game. Doogs went down in Round 16 loss to Carlton, and finally, Tom Highmore got a recall for Round 18. He was done. And looked bad....after such a promising start. A couple of times, he has space, and possession, and misfired. A sad conclusion to a brief career. And as Jimmy Webster went under pre-Round One this year, I wonder if he could have learnt the low bullet pass?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd prefer Garcia in for Ross but happy to see how this team goes. I hope they plonk Sharman at FF and keep him there, let King off the leash a bit and draw their best defender away from the goals. Happy to see Cordy back in just because he's real heart and soul I reckon. Looking forward to seeing what Arie can bring. Think the odds are fairly ridiculous, although it's up there I give us a sneaky chance.

You just know that we’re setting ourselves for pick 4 and these idiots will start winning and finish 9th
St.Kilda.
Description/definition: An organisation so F*CKED, that they F*CK the f*cking up.
Hot Shots Idiot GIF

Can see Cameron and Bailey getting off the chain in this one. We have three established competent small lockdown defenders on the list - two are injured and the other is an emergency. I guess you can put a line through Paton because this would be the perfect time to play him.

I'm expecting the absolute epitome of Rossball. We don't have the cattle to match Brisbane so I expect to see this game shut down as much as possible. That could mean a tight loss or could mean a 10 goals to 3.
Ross gonna see if we can win with six goals this week.

I say it every week......POS..........it's a 2 horse race......you just never know.

My optimism is high.....until it's ummm....not.

Despite some optimism. . .with our selected side,it's very very difficult seeing us jag a win.

Brissy would have to have an extremely off night and we pull one out of the bag!!!!
$10 gets me a cheap bottle and a headache (which I'll have anyway if we lose), $60 gets me a quality red.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back