Preview 2024 AFL Season, Round 16: St Kilda Saints v Port Adelaide Power, Marvel Stadium, Sunday June 30th 1:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Here lies the problem.
The Port folk want to lose too badly, but can play a bit.
The Saints players don't know how to win a game of footy to save themselves...but will run around like headless chooks in the hope of something eventuating.

We will know how much Ken has lost the players, if they leave King without a defender to match him (not that this means Max will do anything anyway), and send their best 3 to our forward bull Jack Higgins.

Well it's a long list of lanky flaky defenders! Cain Ackland though, I remember going back to a St Kilda after game function back at AAMI stadium in 2006 and he was the guy wheeled out to talk to the members. Thought it was an odd choice.

Ridiculous to think at one stage we had Matthew Primus, Dean Brogan, Brendan Lade, Barnaby French, and Cain Ackland on the list. There will never be another list with a ruck division so deep.
Love Primus, for the Big Brown Beaver reference alone 😀

C'mon Saints. Make Hinkley squeal like a pig. Stick it to us, feel the hot burn! Keep coming at us, don't let up
Ew.

Why don't you just sack him? (Rhetorical question, I don't actually care, so don't bother with a 3000-word paragraph explaining why)

Hope your next coach is even worse.

Most surprising thing about this merged pre match thread is someone still uses a Nokia

It's not merged, I just figured we could give them pointers on how to eject a coach without waiting for the AFL system is all.

Most surprising thing about this merged pre match thread is someone still uses a Nokia

I still use a Nokia , but not here.
The windows phone system was the only thing microsoft ever did well.

Its days are numbered though, phone only has 3g.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sigh...i long for the day of another 150th thread against the injectors
remember that?
what a time it was
sadly, we will prob never see that goodness again
yeah, i got a 7 day ban for calling George a flog in the bulldogs match day thread and missed the whole shenanigans.

i was so pissed at myself lol

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I still use a Nokia , but not here.
The windows phone system was the only thing microsoft ever did well.

Its days are numbered though, phone only has 3g.
3G?

4G was introduced in Australia in 2011, so your phone is an ancient one!

Gawd, I still remember those awful "3" mobile bricks in the early 2000s. They were only good as a personal safety device to throw at someone. Wait, Russell Crowe did do that.

Off to Tokyo in the morning so unfortunately I'll miss this exhibition of skill and precision passing etc

Enjoy and let us know if you find anything good that I should get to.

3G?

4G was introduced in Australia in 2011, so your phone is an ancient one!

Gawd, I still remember those awful "3" mobile bricks in the early 2000s. They were only good as a personal safety device to throw at someone. Wait, Russell Crowe did do that.

noooo
its smaller and lighter than most new phones.
I have an android i use pretty much as a tablet, and i'll just get a phone sim for it , but i'll miss my old nokia , had a lot of good features.

Nokia_Lumia_Icon_35835068_0040_11.jpg

noooo
its smaller and lighter than most new phones.
I have an android i use pretty much as a tablet, and i'll just get a phone sim for it , but i'll miss my old nokia , had a lot of good features.

Nokia_Lumia_Icon_35835068_0040_11.jpg
Well you can then buy a Nokia type with 4G….

PS Telstra is switching off 3G on 31 August 2024.

I can relate to the weight issue. I am stuck on IPhone 13 mini due to the weight. I refuse to buy the large bricks and I don’t want Android as the rest of the family is on iOS.

It's the first time we've played the Power in Melbourne since <checks notes> 2023.

Yeah we make fun of it a bit but let's say since 2010;

Total: 17+this match
In SA: 11
In VIC: 4+this match
In China: 1
In QLD: 1

So it's still heavily skewed where we border on 3x playing Port in SA rather than VIC, hence the making fun part.

Yeah we make fun of it a bit but let's say since 2010;

Total: 17+this match
In SA: 11
In VIC: 4+this match
In China: 1
In QLD: 1

So it's still heavily skewed where we border on 3x playing Port in SA rather than VIC, hence the making fun part.

We've played Port in Melbourne 5 times in the the last 28 outings against them. Take out last year and it's 4 times in 27. I personally find that absolutely ridiculous.

We've played Adelaide in Melbourne 0 times since 2019, and GWS zero times since 2018. I'm happy for the narrative to be moved.

View attachment 2028089
Round 16: St Kilda Saints v Port Adelaide Power
In what will be Ken Hinkleys last foray into Victoria and only Ports 3rd in 17 years vs us, it's currently 14th meets currently 8th with the Saints coming fresh off the bye after maybe kind of sort of not really trying to pinch the game with Brisbane in round 14.

Meanwhile, in the state that sometimes has to turn the lights off, can't see in front of them very well, has copious amounts of salt, and a region that everyone raves about for food and wine, we have the people pining fro SANFL glory and knifing their coach in Port who have lost their last 3, and who also should have probably lost v Hawthorn as well who are kind of crashing and burning at present outta that top 8.

It's $501 v $41 flag odds time, and despite the usual service being the Saints travelling to South Australia, this time Port get to come over so we can play them back into some form towards the pointy end of the season. To everyones surprise, we are currently favourites from the bookies at present, which means everyone prepare clean sheets as we are defecating, hard.

In the "reasons to do well" category; we tend to screw around with the ball figuring what to do more than the other mob, averaging more disposals and marks. We even the clearances with not much difference between the two.

In the "reasons we'll defecate the bed" category; They are vastly stronger in hit outs where we are weak, their losses have been against vastly superior defensive midfield groupings and, they also average more I50's than we do.

This leads one to think harken back and think "how the hell are the first mob favourites with bookies just because a plane is involved?"

Looking forward...

Crows match GWS and should lose to remain below us for next no result this week
Round 17 we should get bent over by the Swans but summarily Crows meet Brisbane in QLD so net neutral still.
We'll have to wait for round 18 where we play each other to say "I demand pick 4, give it".
So a bit of a wait for pundits hoping for the draft to then be almost immediately let down as we play the Eagles at home and Crows play the pretending Dons.

Verdict: They'll never tear us apart because you won't need them to, you're doing fine on your own.
Drumming Never Tear Us Apart GIF by Port Adelaide FC
Does this really need to be pinned to the top of every page ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back