Preview 2024 AFL Season, Round 21; St Kilda Saints v Paddle Pop Bears, Marvel Stadium, Sunday 4th August 4;40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 11, 2008
Sunbury
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Sunbury Lions

St-Kilda-vs-Brisbane.png
Saints v Carcass of Lions and Bears, OH My!
Our last history with this mob is suffice to say, not that flash, so gotta take the wins where you can and such is history that, well it's University, the Roys and the Bears, so manufactured nonsense HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Lions sit second as the Swans decide to make it a close affair by sucking the fat one recently, we sit 14th and of note: both of us beat the Swans by 2 points, we did better 84v82 compared to their 79v77, so we should just call this a close affair and be done with it right?

To the surprise of no one in particular, we're essentially Brissie lite in that we defend pretty well, run a bit and carry the ball as much or slightly more, the "lite" part is that they utterly pants us around stoppage, and they're much more dangerous in F50 due to this, so they can expand where we work and so you come with a "please do well" instance instead of even footing.

So without being flippant for a moment: They should really win this rather easily, much like the most previous times, we be at different places at present.

Presumption:
90 Day Fiance Colt GIF by TLC

How did gresh go against us. I’m out on the reef and don’t see the game due to sat tv being tuned in exclusively to nrl

Autopsy is still going strong.

This thread is to immortalise
Aussie Rules Celebrations GIF by AFL

For any training aficionados....here's this weeks training schedule.

Wednesday.....Trevor Barker Oval.....Beach Rd Sandringham.

Friday............Rsea Park.

Both sessions commence approx 10 am.

That is all.....over and out.

How did gresh go against us. I’m out on the reef and don’t see the game due to sat tv being tuned in exclusively to nrl

Looked ordinary. They looked terrible bring the ball inside their 50 though. Absolutely stunk it up kicking to our defence.

50th game for Mitchito.

I hope Sharman can continue his good form. I think we need one of our tall forwards to have a big game if we want to be competitive, and he is the most likely. Now that he knows that he is definitely good enough for AFL level and can be the best player on the ground, it would be great to see him do it again against a good team.
He also seems to have fixed his goalkicking troubles from earlier in the year, 10.1 since coming back into the team.

View attachment 2062685
Saints v Carcass of Lions and Bears, OH My!
Our last history with this mob is suffice to say, not that flash, so gotta take the wins where you can and such is history that, well it's University, the Roys and the Bears, so manufactured nonsense HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Lions sit second as the Swans decide to make it a close affair by sucking the fat one recently, we sit 14th and of note: both of us beat the Swans by 2 points, we did better 84v82 compared to their 79v77, so we should just call this a close affair and be done with it right?

To the surprise of no one in particular, we're essentially Brissie lite in that we defend pretty well, run a bit and carry the ball as much or slightly more, the "lite" part is that they utterly pants us around stoppage, and they're much more dangerous in F50 due to this, so they can expand where we work and so you come with a "please do well" instance instead of even footing.

So without being flippant for a moment: They should really win this rather easily, much like the most previous times, we be at different places at present.

Presumption:
90 Day Fiance Colt GIF by TLC
Steele needs to grow a mo...

In other news, expecting an absolute belter here. Last game of the round, shoot-out style at the Docklands, Saints to roll over the top of Brisbane in the final quarter and the 2025 lid is just starting to bubble a little bit!!!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like the Brions will get Harris Andrews back this weekend, most other tall defenders possibly still out. Wonder if they'll throw Hipwood back again? Maybe not, Saints aren't real tall up front.

Nas to take the ball in the back pocket. Have two bounces, stop, twirl the ball on his finger globe trotters style in front of Zorko who faints. Two more bounces and straightens up from 60. Decides that is too easy from straight in front so gives a "don't argue" to Harris Andrews. Runs to the wing (bouncing it in front of the umpires), Shows the ball to both benches, has two more bounces and unloads from the boundary line with a torp from 70m that goes through post high and we win by 1 point.

Ok I'm loving Nas a little too much...

He'll just do it in the ordinary way and bang it through on the run from 50 to win the Troy Schwarze cup 😅

Some look away kicks going to saints defenders. Glorious. Loved it.

It gave me PTSD from us early in the year. Footy is so much more fun when the opposition is playing shit. I want us to tank but I hate losing.

Looks like the Brions will get Harris Andrews back this weekend, most other tall defenders possibly still out. Wonder if they'll throw Hipwood back again? Maybe not, Saints aren't real tall up front.

Sharman is a hard one to match up on. He's quite tall but very mobile. Someone compared him to Jezza Cameron but he's not as slippery but still unique for his size. He can straight-line lead up at the ball and can cut in from the side to pick off marks but he's also defensively accountable and mobile. He's a bit tall for the mobile types who can't beat him in the air and he's too slippery and mobile for the talls.

Hammer more your old-school pack crasher and lead-up deep forward. Then guys like Wood and Marshall can drift in and punish also. We look quite good as a forward unit at the moment. Butler and Snags didn't have a massive scoreboard impact but both create a pressure tempo that's hard to negate.

I've been waiting to face the demonic majesty of Shadowbrain for some time, I hope he will still be in the team, and that Starman and co banish him back to the underworld.

When they played us in the VFL he looked really good. I thought he was a guy who's name would out perform his on field contribution but he looks a likely type.

Sharman is a hard one to match up on. He's quite tall but very mobile. Someone compared him to Jezza Cameron but he's not as slippery but still unique for his size. He can straight-line lead up at the ball and can cut in from the side to pick off marks but he's also defensively accountable and mobile. He's a bit tall for the mobile types who can't beat him in the air and he's too slippery and mobile for the talls.

Hammer more your old-school pack crasher and lead-up deep forward. Then guys like Wood and Marshall can drift in and punish also. We look quite good as a forward unit at the moment. Butler and Snags didn't have a massive scoreboard impact but both create a pressure tempo that's hard to negate.
Butler and Snags played quite well considering the others' aerial dominance. Only got a few chances each and made them count. When you've got Steele applying pressure like he did in F50 stoppages too it becomes a pretty scary prospect for defenders if they spill the ball.

I've been waiting to face the demonic majesty of Shadowbrain for some time, I hope he will still be in the team, and that Starman and co banish him back to the underworld.
I like it - definitely his new nickname.
"Titanic" forever banished to the bottom of the ocean.

I like it - definitely his new nickname.
"Titanic" forever banished to the bottom of the ocean.
Sharmanator.....gets my vote.

It just has a certain ring to it.

I keep getting visions of big Arnie holding that massive gun......ready to blow the enemy away.

Stocker for Phillipou. Had 41% cbas on the weekend playing on Merrett. Can't justify dropping the other mids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back