Preview 2024 AFL Season, Round 21; St Kilda Saints v Paddle Pop Bears, Marvel Stadium, Sunday 4th August 4;40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Butler and Snags played quite well considering the others' aerial dominance. Only got a few chances each and made them count. When you've got Steele applying pressure like he did in F50 stoppages too it becomes a pretty scary prospect for defenders if they spill the ball.

It was a really weird match for us, nearly every score seemed to be from a set shot.

Stocker for Phillipou. Had 41% cbas on the weekend playing on Merrett. Can't justify dropping the other mids

He's probably the right choice but I quite liked Stocker as tagging accountable mid. Putting him on Neale would help. Brisbane often get us out of the midfield. Getting Phillipou back in gives us more chance of playing it on our terms though.

He's probably the right choice but I quite liked Stocker as tagging accountable mid. Putting him on Neale would help. Brisbane often get us out of the midfield. Getting Phillipou back in gives us more chance of playing it on our terms though.
Yeah it's a tough one. I do think our midfield is capable of at least evening the contest like we did against the Swans. Plus, there's the argument that if you eliminate Neale; Dunkley and McCluggage will get off the chain

If Phillipou is fit, Garcia will be out of the 23 and then it is a question of who should be the sub.

Bringing Pou into the 22 for Byrnes or Wilson hurts our running power.

Doing it for Stocker removes the tag option for Neale.

Zac Jones or Hunter Clark may be very unlucky here.

Even if Pou does play I hope expectations are not too high.

He may have been great his last 2 games but not every week will he do that at this stage of his career
So 60 disposals ,35 tackles , 23 goals and 15 Brownlow votes is too Much call me shocked

Well something sure sank

N5g5WcM.gif
Poor old Cairnsman - think we can get off his back now. 🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My boy Coops has still got to prove he can deliver on a consistent basis but he's very appreciative so far of all the feedback I've taken time to give him to this point in his career.
I just stuck my head out the window to see which way the wind is blowing today.

:) :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back