Women's Footy 2024 AFLW Week 9 - Carlton vs Collingwood - Sunday 27th October, 3.05pm AEDT @ Victoria Park

Remove this Banner Ad

A win over the filth is always good, no matter which team does it.

Some good work from Hill and Robertson in the last minute. Plenty of poise.

Blues 5.2.32 to that other mob 4.4.28.

Haven’t thought this through but I reckon there’s an argument to be made for splitting AFLW into 2 divisions.

The games are so much more enjoyable when it’s not one team vastly outmatching the other.

Well done to the girls for a gutsy win

They did a two-conference system in 2019 and it was ditched the following year. Not going to happen again.

Need to play every team at least once IMO. But until the AFL starts taking this league seriously, things won’t improve in a hurry.

Haven’t thought this through but I reckon there’s an argument to be made for splitting AFLW into 2 divisions.

The games are so much more enjoyable when it’s not one team vastly outmatching the other.

Well done to the girls for a gutsy win
Totally agree and it would be far easier to manage with the limited season but ..........

It would require the AFL to notionally concede that the competition expanded too quickly.

Tense final five minutes, super result.
Still believe the grounds are too big. Regardless of ball movement. Would only need a tweak here and there.
A bit like watching the NRLW kickers converting when the try is scored within 5m of the sideline.
Even the cricket boffins moved the ropes in.

Tense final five minutes, super result.
Still believe the grounds are too big. Regardless of ball movement. Would only need a tweak here and there.
A bit like watching the NRLW kickers converting when the try is scored within 5m of the sideline.
Even the cricket boffins moved the ropes in.
Cannot be constantly adjusting boundaries for the various SHARED venues.

i met an irish girl once who said "she's beautiful, she's irish and she plays for the blues, what a life" about Dayna and i think of that every time i see her play.
Definitely still developing as is her rating by fans. Will be a favourite going forward, as will be her little pocket rocket mate when she comes back from the ACL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to get the win, should have put the game to bed before half time.

Just some small things to work on that will help us make the next step. 2nd qtr Mimi Hill kicked inside 50 twice within 2mins and just missed the target on both occasions. They weren't difficult kicks, all of a sudden they hit a team mate 20m out from goal and we are hitting the scoreboard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Women's Footy 2024 AFLW Week 9 - Carlton vs Collingwood - Sunday 27th October, 3.05pm AEDT @ Victoria Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Back