Toast 2024 Best and Fairest - Skilton Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

Dennis Carroll Award for Most Improved - Justin McInerney

Coaches definitely have their favourites, because what do you mean Lewis Melican didn't win most improved?

I'm literally still so upset and frustrated with last week I can't be arsed watching the live stream. They've actually killed a part of me inside. That's what I get for getting my hopes up time and time again.

Last edited:
Sam Reid said something that has stuck with me when talking about the 2012 flag. “Everybody that day was dialled in, we each had a role and we stuck to that role.”

I feel like that was missing Saturday. We guarded space and the players didn’t have a role. It meant that when handing over, players were left on their own. Players were unaccountable because they didn’t have a role.

Interesting also to hear about the work that Kate (Parker’s partner) has done to bring the group together. I wonder who takes on that role. I know Errol’s parents do a bit, but it sounds like there is a massive hole to fill there.

Sam Reid said something that has stuck with me when talking about the 2012 flag. “Everybody that day was dialled in, we each had a role and we stuck to that role.”

I feel like that was missing Saturday. We guarded space and the players didn’t have a role. It meant that when handing over, players were left on their own. Players were unaccountable because they didn’t have a role.

Interesting also to hear about the work that Kate (Parker’s partner) has done to bring the group together. I wonder who takes on that role. I know Errol’s parents do a bit, but it sounds like there is a massive hole to fill there.
maybe they did have a role and played it, they were just given stupid roles?!?!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chad's parents are seen to be close to the swans...:eyes:

I remember Hanners speech when he left, and now Parker..
If anyone has questions about the Swans and Parker leaving, we can be sure that every decision, every move, has been discussed and decided with absolute respect going both ways.

Petracca not at his b&f.. others players that are leaving their clubs were not welcome at their b&f's..
Parker was not just welcomed but celebrated

I'm literally still so upset and frustrated with last week I can't be arsed watching the live stream. They've actually killed a part of me inside. That's what I get for getting my hopes up time and time again.
Glad someone else feels like that, I feel exactly the same, lost all interest, it’s the first time I can’t be bothered watching the live stream, I just feel numb inside

Yep, I heard Sam's comments as loud as a running train. Talking about the 2012 team that each had a role, forming a chain. No broken link. Maybe that's the theme going into 2025, "No broken link! Put a chain in the players change room. No doubt our game plan needs more accountability and in Horse's reference to his mum, we need "more steel".

Just to make it so much harder to stomach the recent failures we've had, I often imagine had we'd won all the GFs we've been in. Would be 7 flags in 19 years & would make us one of the most successful teams of the modern era. Instead we are a bit of a big day 'easy-beats' club and one most teams want to face on the final stage if they get there, as they stand a very good chance of glory. I hate this and it just makes me feel so bitterly disappointed.
So close to deserving highest of honours, but instead - nothing but rueing what could have been.
**** it's hard.

It felt like we came in with no plan on Saturday, had no clue when we had ball in hand.

Yep, I heard Sam's comments as loud as a running train. Talking about the 2012 team that each had a role, forming a chain. No broken link. Maybe that's the theme going into 2025, "No broken link! Put a chain in the players change room. No doubt our game plan needs more accountability and in Horse's reference to his mum, we need "more steel".
Don't do that, Rampe will trip over it

Host: "If everyone could find their way to their seats, the formalities will begin shortly"

20 mins later

Host: "If everyone could find their way to their seats, the formalities will begin shortly"

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast 2024 Best and Fairest - Skilton Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back