Game Day 2024 Brownlow - AFL & Nmfc

Remove this Banner Ad

Settle Kitten, we will get better, if Jy was being silly I am sure Clarko would have had a word to him.
I would have no doubt in my mind he was pulled up. Why the **** as a leader would you even need that? Wouldn’t one look at the best players and captains on the screen say enough? He can see that? Is he that ****ing stupid he has no self awareness? Then of he cannot understand that, he shouldn’t be captain

I would have no doubt in my mind he was pulled up. Why the **** as a leader would you even need that? Wouldn’t one look at the best players and captains on the screen say enough? He can see that? Is he that ****ing stupid he has no self awareness? Then of he cannot understand that, he shouldn’t be captain
I agree he shouldn’t be captain and maybe he shouldn’t have looked like a dick.

But no good increase your blood pressure over it

Oi campaigner. We can have a beer or open the barrel of moonshine. This aint about you and I old balls. This is about our club!!

I joined in March 2002 days after the Carey incident

All the ranting and raving on here since has done not one thing

I joined in March 2002 days after the Carey incident

All the ranting and raving on here since has done not one thing
Soooooo, it's not happening? :cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know she's probably got a cauldron and a pointy hat somewhere in her house, and I wasn't around for it either, but Caro's long-standing hatred of the '74 Brownlow result loses a bit of its sting when you compare the stats. Fans would riot if that sort of result happened today, and there isn't even a team success-related argument, because, well... the two teams were neck and neck and then we lost to them.

Same goes for '77 and Matthews' equal 4th place finish after what was probably the most powerful individual season in history, but I guess he was a prick on-field, and maybe that carried over to his interactions with the umps.

Definitely an award littered with incredibly confusing results throughout its history
I think there's a bit of what cost Matthews in what cost Carey as well. The umps probably voted with their behaviour in mind. Altho Carey wasn't a sniper like "Lethal" he gave the umps heaps of shit on field and wasn't afraid to dish it out physically either. Probably fair in Matthews case cos it was alot harder to catch dirty acts on field then. Players reputations still developed because of that off the ball stuff.

Let’s just be honest, it’s not a good look. I have no idea if he was drunk, tipsy or whatever. Sheezel is a young leader desperately trying to do the right thing, he doesn’t need to babysit Jy.

It’s unfair how much we are coming to rely on him to carry our clubs culture, and our on field performance.

The senior players need to lift their standards or lift themselves out of the club

Loved Dillon's straight bat over his wife's pre Brownlow comments on Bontempelli's chances.

He should open the batting for Australia.

He referred to his wife's comment that "he's not in the mix" but completely left out her preceding comment " what I've been told".

Who said it to her is more the point I would have thought.

Let’s just be honest, it’s not a good look. I have no idea if he was drunk, tipsy or whatever. Sheezel is a young leader desperately trying to do the right thing, he doesn’t need to babysit Jy.

It’s unfair how much we are coming to rely on him to carry our clubs culture, and our on field performance.

The senior players need to lift their standards or lift themselves out of the club

Outside of this thread was there much else said on FB ?

Loved Dillon's straight bat over his wife's pre Brownlow comments on Bontempelli's chances.

He should open the batting for Australia.

He referred to his wife's comment that "he's not in the mix" but completely left out her preceding comment " what I've been told".

Who said it to her is more the point I would have thought.
Not one to usually quote SEN, but they were right to say the would be a formal investigation if it was an umpire’s spouse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Brownlow - AFL & Nmfc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back