Brownlow 2024 Brownlow - Congratulations Patrick Cripps Dual Brownlow Medallist šŸ…šŸ…

Remove this Banner Ad

Not surprised at all.

I still don't know who won the Brownlow :rolleyes:

This is their AFL page:-

ā€˜Insufferableā€™: Brownlow host under fire
ā€˜Got to changeā€™: Award divides AFL world

Nick off! Brownlow blows it again

WTF - 'Another Nick Daicos snub on Brownlow night'

Nick "poochie" daicos

FWIW he seems like a good kid, and a special player, but the way the media felate him is off-putting.

I dunno I think I kind of like the fact they dont look at stats, means the cheapy stat padder types are less likely to poll crazily and we all know stats aren't everything

A quote from the Today show interview this morning (https://www.facebook.com/share/v/1r9BFjt8yzwjatyc/):
"I was chatting to a few of the boys last night... 'How good would it be to share this moment when we've all won something?'"

Man, I want this guy to win a premiership. I've said it before, but I can't recall anyone in football who has personified the idea of pulling yourself up by your own bootstraps as much as he has. As an individual player he's gone from good to great to elite; as a leader he's pulled a club off the canvas, through multiple overhauls, and into two finals series.

Hard to believe that anyone is so sour to think he isn't deserving of individual recognition. All I hope for him is that he gets his wish, and gets to have a moment with his team where everyone has won something.

Congrats, Crippa the Skipper

2. In regards to Dustys 2017 season, Dusty won everything. Brownlow, MVP, Coaches award, AA, B&F, Gary Ayers award, NS and flag. Cripps did not even achieve half of those things this season.

Dusty has no place in this thread, take it to the Richmond Board!

ā€˜Congratulations Patrick Cripps Dual Brownlow Medallistā€™ šŸ„ˆ

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dusty's 2017 was the best individual season in modern times before this year. I think the sheer weight of votes though...45 just blows everything else out of the water.
Dusty literally won the Tigers the premiership that year while taking every accolade available to him. More Brownlow votes will never ever mean more than that.

A few things with this.

1. Apparently the AFL as of the 2023 season stopped allowing the umpires to view the stats sheets after games. Consequently Neale 2023 (a surprising winner who didnā€™t make the AA team) and Cripps 2024 (due to sheer amount of votes) are the most recent winners and both caused controversy.

This to me and many others seems a little too coincidental to say this change wasnā€™t a factor and as such made the Brownlow more of a popularity contest. As the better known players will catch the eye of the umpires. Iā€™m not trying to discredit Crippsā€™s Brownlow or anything, I think itā€™s well deserved but we canā€™t ignore the fact he got 3 votes for games that were ridiculous. I believe he got 3 votes for a 19 dis and 0 goal game and didnā€™t even poll any coaches votes.

It wasnā€™t just Cripps either, same thing happened with Daicos. So something has changed drastically with how the umpires are voting imo anyway.

2. In regards to Dustys 2017 season, Dusty won everything. Brownlow, MVP, Coaches award, AA, B&F, Gary Ayers award, NS and flag. Cripps did not even achieve half of those things this season.

Itā€™s up to you if you think more Brownlow votes outweighs all those other achievements. I personally donā€™t, but itā€™s all subjective šŸ‘
No one cares about Dusty on this thread ,its all about our boss man Crippa so toddle off

Remove this Banner Ad

Brownlow 2024 Brownlow - Congratulations Patrick Cripps Dual Brownlow Medallist šŸ…šŸ…

Remove this Banner Ad

Back