Brownlow 2024 Brownlow Medal Count - Congrats Patrick Cripps!

Who wins the 24 Chas?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Your coach was arguably the best player in the league at his peak and he won the Brownlow with 21 votes.

45 votes would suggest Cripps is more than twice as good as peak Voss and just had comfortably the greatest season of all time. Come on.

He didn't even win any other award (Coaches, MVP, etc). If he was comfortably the best player in the comp - it wouldn't be only the Brownlow indicating it.
He won the channel 9 Sunday Footy show award (new Lexus) was second in the coaches award to Daicos (by 4 votes) and went into the Brownlow as a hot $2.30 favourite.

The amount of votes was an anomaly but the winner was well deserved.

Baffles me that people can hate on a man like Patrick Cripps, one of the most genuine blokes you could find, great leader, excellent player and good at the tough stuff, plus does some super speccy things also to top it off. Just shows you how fn brain dead some footy fans can be because he plays for a team they may not like. Bizarre.

I despise Essendon, I still respect Zac Merret. Grow up people.

Who is hating on him? It's just being pointed out that 45 votes is farcical.

So when is the AFL going to have the balls to turn the Brownlow into a coaches vote system?

Simply put the Brownlow tally is no longer a reflection of the genuine best/influential players and does not take into consideration intricacies of the game in relation to roles played. And it's too skewed to mid table teams with single star players.

It just feels stupid for the umps to be the vote givers and no longer holds credibility. Just change it immediately, shouldn't even be up for debate, and doubt anyone would complain.
45 votes is crazy but the coaches had a pretty similar leaderboard.

1000001833.png

This was the highlight of the night for me. 2 years after an AFL umpire was arrested for suspicious Brownlow betting activity, we have the wife of the AFL's head honcho publicly disclosing aspects of the final result to the masses before its even started, indicating that even the bloke running the show couldn't keep his mouth shut. All whilst we're plastered with betting odds about the event.

I'm sure the AFL Integrity Unit will perform a full investigation.
How many family and friends of the Dillons cashed in? ;)

Definite integrity issues.

There is no need to count them prior.

It definitely questions the integrity of the award if votes have been opened before the count.

Now Cripps is a deserving winner, but if they are opened prior it opens it up to tampering.

Not saying it happens, but they tell us the votes are secure, which sounds like total bullshit after her statement on the Red Carpet.
If we're serious, both she and Andrew Dillon should be dragged in to answer some important questions about this. It won't happen but he should be almost as nervous as Michael Pell must have been.

A new record tonight! World's largest collective dummy spit on a discussion forum.
Just thinking the same…go Crippa…he’s not only won another Brownlow…but totally triggered the haters!!
What a champion.

I reckon if you think really, really hard you might know the answer.

Something to do with the rest of the team?

Same as Bob Skilton winning 3 and hardly ever playing a final.

Didn't see Skilton play so I don't know how good he was.

Saw Diesel play, and you either weren't around, have poor memory or having a laugh if you think Cripps is better.

Because he won us them all himself, Walsh had a poor season outside of a good patch when we looked great thumping port and geelong and Cerra was too busy popping hammys to play midfield. It was the cripps show which is why they fell away from last years efforts, no support.
The Essendon game was a shocker. 2 votes for a 19 disposal game while De Koning in one of the more dominant games this year got 0

The salt in here is delicious…

View attachment 2119873

I couldn't give a shit Cripps won it. Good on him. No one's salty about that.

Getting the equivalent of 15 BOGs in a season is laughable. Cripps is clearly not that good. And 83 votes combined with Daicos? The AFL has jumped the shark.

Butters from my own team came 3rd and had 29! Imo with a worse season than last year..

The voting is stuffed, umpires incompetent.

Dusty in 2017 was statistically worse than Dangerfield in every meaningful category. Cripps 2024 is better than Dusty 2017.
In there prime Dusty was way more damaging than Dangerfield ever has been. Stats mean little, unless they do damage with the disposals. Well done to Cripps on his Brownlow, but to say he has had the best season on record really does put huge question marks on how the umpires actually vote.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buddy didn’t win a Brownlow kicking a 100 + goals, no one will

83 Brownlow votes between 2 players Farce
Huddo kicked 100 goals in a season 5 times, and he didn't win a Brownlow either.

• James Harmes (4 votes) is better than Tristan Xerri (1 vote)
  • Harrison Petty (3 votes) better than Sam Taylor (1 vote)
  • Mason Wood (3 votes) is better than Charlie Curnow (2 votes)
  • Lipinski (5 votes) is better than Naughton (4 votes)

So funny to see people bewildered by what they should already know.

Can’t compare in my opinion. Games evolved over years, more teams more games etc. Some boffin might be able to pull out a weighted average that makes it comparable but who cares. Cripps probably deserved his win but it’s clear the voting system is an absolute joke
I remember trac, Oliver & Viney all getting 20+ for Melbourne a few years back

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dusty in 2017 was statistically worse than Dangerfield in every meaningful category. Cripps 2024 is better than Dusty 2017.

Not the point though is it…it’s about whether votes in each game were justifiable. Yes I used some stats to summarise his season - but it was about justifiable votes.
Dusty 100% yes, Danger 33 was a cracking season too but Selwood took votes off. Ooh Danger averaged 0.1 disposals ooh!! Great point you have.

The difference with Cripps is that there were games where he polled 2 where he clearly wasn’t even close to the top dozen of players (v Essendon), or got 3 in a game where the coaches didn’t recognise him despite between them nominating 8 players in the top 5 (v Fremantle).

Dusty 2017 will forever be the greatest polling season. Not one vote you could seriously argue was unjustified.

H&A - 30 disposals a game, 32 goals with 21 goal assists (top 5-6).

Congratulations once again to Cripps who deserved the win, just the total votes is flawed. 33 to Naicos 31 would have been much more the right votes

Neither should have polled 30.

Umps probably can't be ****ed voting on the Brownlow.

Run 15km for a game, just wanna hit the showers and get home to the missus. Gotta get to the office tomorrow if it's a Thursday night game. Who's a player that comes to mind? Chuck 3 votes on P. Cripps/C. Judd.

Have a chat to them, they don't want to do it.

Everyone saying "no one's there to take votes off Cripps...."

In two of last couple of Cripps 3 vote games, Carlton lost both games and Nic Newman had 34 disposals and 12 marks, and 35 disposals and 16 marks and got zero votes...
The umps just glaze themselves over the players that are in the centre square

He won the channel 9 Sunday Footy show award (new Lexus) was second in the coaches award to Daicos (by 4 votes) and went into the Brownlow as a hot $2.30 favourite.

The amount of votes was an anomaly but the winner was well deserved.

I agree - have absolutely no problem with Cripps winning. Good bloke - great season.

The vote tallies - not just for Cripps- are ridiculous. Those suggesting the tally indicates he is easily the best player in the comp are having a laugh.

Deserving winner though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Brownlow 2024 Brownlow Medal Count - Congrats Patrick Cripps!

Back