Brownlow 2024 Brownlow Medal Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

103 Total votes for Sydney , last time a team polled over 100 votes was 2016 also by Sydney.
That's it. We're doomed on Saturday. Game over. I reckon if Daicos can get votes for being subbed
off with 15 possessions, I should be able to get a vote for falling asleep on the couch whilst watching
the game.

Last edited:

Cripps and Daicos are very good footballers who (apparently) have had great seasons, but that amount of votes for both of them is just extra. If Cripps really is (the equivalent of) BOG in 15 games, surely Carlton win the flag by the length of the straight.

Round 8 Chad got 10 coaches votes and 0 last night

Heeney in round 2 was a shocker too there were worse though, Bont got 31 and 2 goals and Ryley Sanders got a vote over him lol

Cripps and Daicos are very good footballers who (apparently) have had great seasons, but that amount of votes for both of them is just extra. If Cripps really is (the equivalent of) BOG in 15 games, surely Carlton win the flag by the length of the straight.

Or it just shows how skinny the list is, every year we see it, a side from a middling side is more likely top win it, especially when Walsh the other proven vote getter is injured. Who else is getting votes for them? Our whole midfield are proven vote getters, huge difference.

Would be a great analysis to see which umpires are umpiring the games where big name players poll in underwhelming games. Is it the same umps being starstruck. Is there a single ump who is having a significant influence on more junior officials nd getting their own biases across the line. Would make for an interesting study.

Would be a great analysis to see which umpires are umpiring the games where big name players poll in underwhelming games. Is it the same umps being starstruck. Is there a single ump who is having a significant influence on more junior officials nd getting their own biases across the line. Would make for an interesting study.
It’s a good idea in theory but in reality it would be too hard to get anything definitive. Most games likely have umpires with varying seniority. And we have no idea of how the umpires determine one set of votes from the input of four.

So many crap calls of voting 3,2,1 by the umpires.

AFLCA votes have some weight.

Every system has poor things attached Brownlow, coaches, AFLPA. Every system someone whinges

The real stars of the Sydney Brownlow function
(the only three on some Youtube short I saw so apologies if any feel left out)

1727162354008.png 1727162405967.png 1727162451075.png

Now if that doesn't want to make your boys be an AFL player IDK what will 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The real stars of the Sydney Brownlow function
(the only three on some Youtube short I saw so apologies if any feel left out)

View attachment 2120581View attachment 2120582View attachment 2120584

Now if that doesn't want to make your boys be an AFL player IDK what will 😂
The second one I recognise as Errol’s GF. And if I didn’t I could probably guess because she’s as tall as the person she’s standing next to.

Whose arms are the other two on? I suspect the first is Chad’s arm. No clue of the third except he’s tallish and dark haired. JMac?

The second one I recognise as Errol’s GF. And if I didn’t I could probably guess because she’s as tall as the person she’s standing next to.

Whose arms are the other two on? I suspect the first is Chad’s arm. No clue of the third except he’s tallish and dark haired. JMac?
First one is Chad's girl and the last one is Cal Mills' fiancée. Really lovely ladies, pretty and wholesome.
Tom Green took his mum, who would give Mrs Heeney a run for her money.

Wow, you're good.
Mills is the last chap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Brownlow 2024 Brownlow Medal Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back