Toast 2024 Carji Greeves

Remove this Banner Ad

Stolen off FB - so if the person who posted them there is on here, thank you

I haven't seen the top 20 at the end of the count, but here's the full leaderboard after round 18 (gives us a pretty good idea of how players were going)

Based on this, Dangerfield stormed home with some late season votes, and I'm going with Kolodjashnij finishing just outside the top 10 in about 11th or 12th place

1728002545058.png

1728002646812.png

Much much better than solid. Our 2nd best defender by a margin across the season. There are three names in there he was clearly better than. Personally had him odds on for top 5 and a smoky for top 3.

Guthrie & Kolodjashnij clearly our most consistent and solid defenders across the season - I'm not at all surprised to see Zach finished 2nd spot and had him as the smokey to win, and same as you I'm surprised that Jake didn't finish top 10

I can't remember too many if any poor games from either of those 2 this season

Jack's last 4 to 6 weeks was him back to his best

During the first half of the season it would have been a toss up between which player was getting more calls to be omitted to the VFL such was the indifference to their respective form - Jack Henry or Sam DK
Perhaps. Although i thought jack turned it around mid season. Not the last 6 weeks only.

Looking at coaches votes and 23 players from geelong recieved coaches votes this season. Kolo wasnt one of them. It shouldnt surprise he hasnt made top 10 given the coaches votes (and yes i am aware its a different system but if he isnt in the top 5-7 players on the ground in a single match its hard to see how he would get enough votes in the best and fairest.

Stolen off FB - so if the person who posted them there is on here, thank you

I haven't seen the top 20 at the end of the count, but here's the full leaderboard after round 18 (gives us a pretty good idea of how players were going)

Based on this, Dangerfield stormed home with some late season votes, and I'm going with Kolodjashnij finishing just outside the top 10 in about 11th or 12th place

View attachment 2131023

View attachment 2131028
Ok.. so this makes me question my understanding of the voting system

As I understood it you get a rating out of 10 for each game but only get included if the coaches felt like you had a good impact on the game…

So in my brain that would mean you are surely getting over 5 out of 10 to pass the second test (ie. if you are rated at less than 5 out of 10 surely it doesn’t then count?). But we have lots of players with less than 10 total votes after 18 rounds? If Knevitt was rating 2 out of 10 for a game how does that count as having impact?

It seems like I have completely misunderstood the voting system. Maybe they rank each player out of 10 and then include them as 5,4,3,2,1 or something based on highest ratings???

Someone smarter than me please explain

Ok.. so this makes me question my understanding of the voting system

As I understood it you get a rating out of 10 for each game but only get included if the coaches felt like you had a good impact on the game…

So in my brain that would mean you are surely getting over 5 out of 10 to pass the second test (ie. if you are rated at less than 5 out of 10 surely it doesn’t then count?). But we have lots of players with less than 10 total votes after 18 rounds? If Knevitt was rating 2 out of 10 for a game how does that count as having impact?

It seems like I have completely misunderstood the voting system. Maybe they rank each player out of 10 and then include them as 5,4,3,2,1 or something based on highest ratings???

Someone smarter than me please explain

You're correct and I can't explain the bold

How the voting works​

After each game, the Senior and Assistant Coaches review and rate each players performance on a scale of 0 to 10. Votes are only polled in games where a player’s performance has been deemed of a high quality by the coaching group. All matches are counted towards their final total.

I'm not quite sure how a 1, 2 or 3 vote game would be deemed "high quality"

Question for the history buffs - Max Holmes turned 22 on 29 August

Was Selwood in 2010, the last time we had a B&F winner that young?

Also keeping in mind that Selwood turned 22 in May that year, meaning he played majority of the season as a 22yr old and not 21 as Max did

Also keeping in mind that Selwood turned 22 in May that year, meaning he played majority of the season as a 22yr old and not 21 as Max did
David Clarke snr won his first of 3 B & F at age 19. Won 3, runner up 4. Brilliant player.

Steven King won his first of 2 at age 21, also a great effort for a ruckman.

Last edited:

Yep Selwood and Holmes easily the youngest of the recent ones.

Steven King in 2000 didn't turn 22 until after the end of the season which is ridiculous for a ruck. Also possibly why his body was cooked by 25.

Next captain.
Was the General in the back pocket when Stewart was injured, then played in the midfield.

All those years where Zuthrie was made the whipping boy by doubters here.

Glorious for all supporters see him blossom, flourish + win second place 💙 🤍 💙

Was the General in the back pocket when Stewart was injured, then played in the midfield.

All those years where Zuthrie was made the whipping boy by doubters here.

Glorious for all supporters see him blossom, flourish + win second place 💙 🤍 💙

I think his greatest asset is his temperament.

Stewart has a bad game and he spits the dummy and turns a bad game into a stinker.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast 2024 Carji Greeves

Remove this Banner Ad

Back