Official Club Stuff 2024 Club Membership Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Swans as at 19th June = 70,740 New Membership record

Great effort by the Swans. A group of us used to go up regularly in the 90's first Blues v Swans games. You could go into any Hungry Jacks and get free tickets and even then there weren't many there.

Tom Harley was saying today that in the last 40 years prior to this one they have had 8 crowds over 40,000. So far this year they have had 4 of their six games get over 40,000.

Congratulations to a well run club who have established themselves in a tough market. They are a textbook case for other expansion teams in non afl territory.

Great effort by the Swans. A group of us used to go up regularly in the 90's first Blues v Swans games. You could go into any Hungry Jacks and get free tickets and even then there weren't many there.

Tom Harley was saying today that in the last 40 years prior to this one they have had 8 crowds over 40,000. So far this year they have had 4 of their six games get over 40,000.

Congratulations to a well run club who have established themselves in a tough market. They are a textbook case for other expansion teams in non afl territory.
It's gone full on crazy this year. And the other 2 games were in excess of 33k I think.

A packed SCG is a hella lot of fun though.

Depends i guess on what a membership is outside of Vic (and Tas) ie $$
If its a token $25 for example i cant see why every WA based North supporter wouldnt just be a member - particularly if that then assisted in getting a seat for any North games in that state.

Is there a list by club of costs of interstate memberships and benefits? Including say SUNS or dockers in Victoria?

For Hawthorn interstate memberships
Gold - $515 which gets 1 reserved seat at match in your state, 11 home games in Melb, guaranteed GF access if they make it
Silver - $285 which gets 1 reserved seat at match in your state, 5 home games in Melb, priority 2 GF access if they make it
GA - $180 which gets 1 reserved seat at match in your state, 5 home games in Melb, no GF access

For Nth Melb interstate memberships
Gold - $359 which gets 1 reserved seat at match in your state, 5 home games in Melb, guaranteed GF access if they make it
Base - $175 which gets 1 reserved seat at match in your state, 5 home games in Melb, no GF access i
Roo supporter - $85 gets you sweet FA besides a scarf or a hat, so no match access

So you’d be unlikely to use the melb games if you’re from Perth, so it’s an expensive 1 match ticket, especially the guaranteed GF option!

But yer I agree I don’t see too many Kangaroos supporters doing this interstate option….

Received a member email from Collingwood last week encouraging members/supporters to show up for our home games against Essendon and Geelong.

The email stated "we are grateful to have over 100,000 Members at our Club and we’d love to see the stands filled with black and white stripes"

No specific figure was provided.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1720496159238.png

16 clubs have reported some sort of figire this season, 9 clubs with records. Only West Coast and Richmond with legacy records prior to 2023 (both in 2021)

• Collingwood from members email.
  • Hawthorn from Gowers conversation on 3AW on June 8 (almost 10,000 Tas members at 14:06, and 85,000 members at 14:53

View attachment 2043409

16 clubs have reported some sort of figire this season, 9 clubs with records. Only West Coast and Richmond with legacy records prior to 2023 (both in 2021)

• Hawthorn from Gowers conversation on 3AW on June 8 (almost 10,000 Tas members at 14:06, and 85,000 members at 14:53

Sure I read somewhere the last 48 hours Hawks are just shy of their record and have ticked over 80,000 (not 85,000 per Gowers). I stand corrected if I’m wrong however.

View attachment 2043409

Hawthorn is 80,00 announced on website last week

1722394792064.png

31.07.24 AFL Club Membership breaks all-time record

AFL CEO Andrew Dillon has today announced a new all-time AFL Club membership record of 1,268,403 * members (year to date).

The 1,268,403 number surpasses the record of 1,198,833 that was set in 2023. An increase of 6%.

One in 22 Australians is a member of an AFL club.

Three clubs Carlton, Collingwood and West Coast Eagles all have over 100,000 members respectively. All four northern market clubs (Brisbane Lions, Gold Coast SUNS, GWS GIANTS and Sydney Swans) have delivered double-digit membership revenue and growth.

Cut off for 2024 membership is August 31 with the clubs and AFL to announce total and final numbers in September.

“With more than 1.26 million members and so far, 6.45 million fans attending the matches around the country across the first 20 rounds of the home and away season – our fans are like none other in world sport,” Mr Dillon said.

“The work the clubs do to engage with the communities and draw more people year on year to the footy is outstanding. AFL supporters are unlike any other fan in the world. The dedication of our fans have to our game is unmatched and I am so incredibly proud of all the work that goes into delivering our game to homes all across the country.

“The next few weeks we will see football at its best. With AFL Finals heating up, the start of a new 2024 AFLW Season and community football finals all across the country, the best of football is ahead of us.

“On behalf of the AFL, I’d like to thank all our fans and every club member whose passion and support continues to make footy the greatest game in the world.”

So far seven clubs including Brisbane Lions, Carlton, Geelong Cats, Gold Coast SUNS, GWS GIANTS, Sydney Swans and Western Bulldogs have announced all-time club membership records.

Collingwood, Carlton, West Coast Eagles and Richmond lead the 2024 membership tallies, with Sydney Swans, Brisbane Lions, Gold Coast SUNS and GWS GIANTS showing the highest percentage increase in year to date membership growth.

Home and Away attendance for the 2024 Toyota AFL Premiership Season continues to be on record pace with 6,458,859 fans attending the opening 20 rounds, while participation in Australian Rules Football has also reached an all-time high, surpassing 530,000 nationally.

This season, we’ve had the top 3 highest attended rounds of all time in 2024 including Round One (413,405s) Round Seven (408,433) and Round Eight (403,452). Only four home and away rounds in history have exceeded 400,000 fans with the only other occurring in Round One, 2017 (400,401).

Remove this Banner Ad

Official Club Stuff 2024 Club Membership Updates

Remove this Banner Ad

Back