Position 2024 Defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep that's the positive along with the JS. That said it's 150K for someone who might make 60-80K and will almost certainly not be used for his score in Rds 2-3 if at all. Need to weigh that up against someone with worse JS but a higher ceiling. Rd 0 might help decide
Yeah, if he gets to $240k then you get $120k when downgrading. Every little bit helps.

How do you see Martin working with Ridley, and Redman .....Ridley in particular has been the man to take those intercept marks in the past

Are you high on Martin .....great player, but do you like his new role
Think it will probably affect Redman the most. I honestly think the accuracy of his disposal is overrated and so his appeal will be the burst run and the long kicking. Both of these things Martin does way better than him.

Ridley will continue to score I think through the intercepts. I also wouldn't be surprised to see them use Ridley as the player to receive the kick-in and then make the decision to either handball back to Martin (or whoever else is kicking in) on the overlap, or hold it up and go for another short kick or down the line.

As for the Martin pick, I love it. He has been in my side for three weeks now and it will take a lot to move him out of it. The way they are talking about the role, seems so friendly for SC and he is a really good young player in his third year who has proven he can score.

Also still like the Ridley pick as well, but have currently not got him in (as I have Elliot Yeo as my D3 to free up some cash for Zac Fisher).

Think it will probably affect Redman the most. I honestly think the accuracy of his disposal is overrated and so his appeal will be the burst run and the long kicking. Both of these things Martin does way better than him.

Ridley will continue to score I think through the intercepts. I also wouldn't be surprised to see them use Ridley as the player to receive the kick-in and then make the decision to either handball back to Martin (or whoever else is kicking in) on the overlap, or hold it up and go for another short kick or down the line.

As for the Martin pick, I love it. He has been in my side for three weeks now and it will take a lot to move him out of it. The way they are talking about the role, seems so friendly for SC and he is a really good young player in his third year who has proven he can score.

Also still like the Ridley pick as well, but have currently not got him in (as I have Elliot Yeo as my D3 to free up some cash for Zac Fisher).
Have Martin, too.
Understand Yeo’s output, if his body is right, he is top tier, but he comes at too high a price given his injury history imo.
Will be a great pick if his body holds, no doubt.

Have Martin, too.
Understand Yeo’s output, if his body is right, he is top tier, but he comes at too high a price given his injury history imo.
Will be a great pick if his body holds, no doubt.
Agreed re the injury risk. I'm happy to take one of him or Fyfe with the extra trades. Will just be hoping Yeo can come out hot and put points on the field and make extra cash.

Plus, if his inevitable injury comes in R2, 3, 5 or 6, then his score shouldn't be too impactful with best 18.

Agreed re the injury risk. I'm happy to take one of him or Fyfe with the extra trades. Will just be hoping Yeo can come out hot and put points on the field and make extra cash.

Plus, if his inevitable injury comes in R2, 3, 5 or 6, then his score shouldn't be too impactful with best 18.
In full flight, he’s an absolute top liner.
One of the very few I can recall to go head to head with Dusty and come out pretty handily on top 👍

I have Yeo in my team too at D3. LOL!

Plan to flip him to Daicos at round 6 if he lasts that long.

What The Hell Wtf GIF by Paramount+

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally I'm staggered that would anyone would pick Yeo at 447k. He's not priced at a discount, he's priced at his average of 80 last year from 10 games, 8 of which he was not subbed on or off. He only tonned up twice. Not since 2019 has he played 13 games in a season or averaged 90 let alone 100. He'd need to average 100+ and not get injured/subbed to be any chance of moving up to an uber premo.

Personally I'm staggered that would anyone would pick Yeo at 447k. He's not priced at a discount, he's priced at his average of 80 last year from 10 games, 8 of which he was not subbed on or off. He only tonned up twice. Not since 2019 has he played 13 games in a season or averaged 90 let alone 100. He'd need to average 100+ and not get injured/subbed to be any chance of moving up to an uber premo.
Let's just cross our fingers he makes it to round 1 without getting injured so no one gets saved.

Remove this Banner Ad

Position 2024 Defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Back