List Mgmt. 2024 Draft Class

Remove this Banner Ad

Whitlock twins this weekend:

Matt - 25 disposals, 12 marks, 5 rebound 50's (guess he played in defence)
Jack - 2 goals 3 behinds, 15 disposals, 3 marks, 6 tackles

Jonty Faull - 3 goals, 3 behinds, 12 disposals, 5 marks

Matt is exactly what we need if we are building that age group coming through. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

With the new rules Andrew is eligible to be matched by dees at any point of the draft. You’d think after missing out on mac they won’t let him go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He looked good from what i seen. He played on a player who is being touted as a 1st rounder. I didn't really think much of the Whitlock boy. He had height and he didn't really have any forward craft. running patterns, leading patterns or any goal sense. I guess clubs will look at his height and think we can work with that. That Hynes looked good and a good size. His probably too tall for us..hahaha

Whitlock twins this weekend:

Matt - 25 disposals, 12 marks, 5 rebound 50's (guess he played in defence)
Jack - 2 goals 3 behinds, 15 disposals, 3 marks, 6 tackles

Jonty Faull - 3 goals, 3 behinds, 12 disposals, 5 marks
All those touches must have been in the 1st half. He looked lost from what i seen and hardly got near it in the 2nd half.

He looked good from what i seen. He played on a player who is being touted as a 1st rounder. I didn't really think much of the Whitlock boy. He had height and he didn't really have any forward craft. running patterns, leading patterns or any goal sense. I guess clubs will look at his height and think we can work with that. That Hynes looked good and a good size. His probably too tall for us..hahaha
Matt has kicked 19 goals from 11 games and they use him all sorts. Forward. Back. Ruck.
his brother Jack 17 goals from 9 games

Matt has kicked 19 goals from 11 games and they use him all sorts. Forward. Back. Ruck.
his brother Jack 17 goals from 9 g

his brother Jack 17 goals from 9 games
Not sold on them. They may turn out to be guns, but i don't think they will. I look beyond the stats and i wasn't sold on them as being as hyped as they are. 2nd or 3rd round at best and i guess we will see if i am wrong or right in 3-4 years time.

Not sold on them. They may turn out to be guns, but i don't think they will. I look beyond the stats and i wasn't sold on them as being as hyped as they are. 2nd or 3rd round at best and i guess we will see if i am wrong or right in 3-4 years time.
Yeah, time will tell.
I know we are very interested in the twins.

Yeah, time will tell.
I know we are very interested in the twins.
I heard the same thing from a recruiter from a rival club. I am still not sold on them. I wasn't sold on the Jaiden Stephenson selection and wanted us to go after Fogarty, Allan or Balta.

I heard the same thing from a recruiter from a rival club. I am still not sold on them. I wasn't sold on the Jaiden Stephenson selection and wanted us to go after Fogarty, Allan or Balta.
naughton should have been the one in that draft.

yep. wasn't he recruited as a defender? Playing as a key forward isn't as easy as people think, and some folks have it and a lot don't.
Yeah he was. While Bucks did turn checkers into a defender, unsure if he would have swapped it for naughton if we had him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kayle Gerreyn was the only West Perth player invited to test at the AFL National Combine and for good reason.
The Falcons tall has enjoyed a breakout season playing mainly in the ruck for West Perth after playing as a key forward for WA at the National Championships. But since returning to Colts football, Gerreyn has been one of the in-form players in the competition, culminating in the second-best individual game on record this season.

The 18-year-old dominated round 18 to post a total of 229 ranking points, becoming one of just three players to hit a double century so far this season. Bottom age Swan Districts star Blake Kelly hit 200 ranking points in round 14 while East Fremantle midfielder Declan Pauline boasts the most impactful performance this season with 282 ranking points in round one.

But Gerreyn underlined his draft credentials with a massive 30 disposal, 34 hitouts and two goal performance in West Perth’s 12.13 (115) to 7.4 (46) win over East Perth.

Playing in the AFL has been a lifelong ambition for Gerreyn. His dad Chris played for Claremont and East Perth in the 1990s and was drafted to Hawthorn but didn’t play a game.

Gerreyn joined West Perth’s development squad when he turned 14 but was a late developer, undergoing a significant growth spurt in the past few years to emerge as one of WA’s best talls.

Kayle Gerreyn was the only West Perth player invited to test at the AFL National Combine and for good reason.
The Falcons tall has enjoyed a breakout season playing mainly in the ruck for West Perth after playing as a key forward for WA at the National Championships. But since returning to Colts football, Gerreyn has been one of the in-form players in the competition, culminating in the second-best individual game on record this season.

The 18-year-old dominated round 18 to post a total of 229 ranking points, becoming one of just three players to hit a double century so far this season. Bottom age Swan Districts star Blake Kelly hit 200 ranking points in round 14 while East Fremantle midfielder Declan Pauline boasts the most impactful performance this season with 282 ranking points in round one.

But Gerreyn underlined his draft credentials with a massive 30 disposal, 34 hitouts and two goal performance in West Perth’s 12.13 (115) to 7.4 (46) win over East Perth.

Playing in the AFL has been a lifelong ambition for Gerreyn. His dad Chris played for Claremont and East Perth in the 1990s and was drafted to Hawthorn but didn’t play a game.

Gerreyn joined West Perth’s development squad when he turned 14 but was a late developer, undergoing a significant growth spurt in the past few years to emerge as one of WA’s best talls.

I’m on the bandwagon with Soups

I hope we’re taking a look at him, seems like a genuine talent.

Scrolling straight to look for talls around our pick 😂

127638_Phantom-Form-Guide_August-Straps_28_FA-1x.jpg

Whitlock had joined his twin brother Jack in the forward line for the Bushrangers until last week, when he shifted back to defence and had a day out. He took 11 marks and collected 24 disposals while mopping things up in the back half against Dandenong. Whitlock’s versatility is part of his appeal as an athletic tall prospect at both ends of the ground – as well as his surety in defence, he has also kicked 19 goals in 11 Coates Talent League games this year.

127638_Phantom-Form-Guide_August-Straps_30_FA-1x.jpg

The key forward has been a prominent scoreboard threat this year – he kicked three goals two weeks back for the Knights against Bendigo and has 22 for the season in 11 games at the level. Included in that is two bigger hauls – seven against the Chargers and five against the Jets – that highlighted his mobility, size and forward presence. Sims has the height to stretch for his grabs and be hard to stop

These are the types of players I hoped we'd take a chance on with later picks, rather than speculative flankers.

We do (as my post above) but they don’t work out.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft Class

Remove this Banner Ad

Back