List Mgmt. 2024 Draft Class

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully we can trade into the back end of the first/early second and grab a tall, could even trade next years first to move in and then shuffle things around next year when we can trade 2 years in the future to get Mcguaine, if he pans out.

What’s the go with our NGA prospects? Seems like LQ will get picked up, McCarthy and Kerr not so much?

Hopefully we can trade into the back end of the first/early second and grab a tall, could even trade next years first to move in and then shuffle things around next year when we can trade 2 years in the future to get Mcguaine, if he pans out.

What’s the go with our NGA prospects? Seems like LQ will get picked up, McCarthy and Kerr not so much?
Don't even think LQ is a guarantee.
Limited list spots, they all might be put on our vfl list and see how they go
Kerr just got unlucky with his ACL, as he was playing good school footy at the time.

Will be interesting if we try to get into this years draft further. Maybe with JFN, Finn and Reef we might get some picks, package them up and try to get into the top 20 at least. Fly has mentioned he wants a key forward, probably a ready made one, like they’re easy to get.
Anyway I’m not going to pretend to know who’s who in the draft but I’d like to think we can improve our hand to get a developing key forward.

Jack Whitlock - #20
Matt Whitlock #26

If we dont get access to them, there is Faull or Sims

THE NEXT 10

The second round of the draft is set to be a hotbed for tall talent, with a few spilling over into our next 10 best prospects. Among the most highly touted are GWV Rebels spearhead Jonty Faull, and Northern Knights ruck-forward Thomas Sims.

Sims’ Vic Metro teammate Harry O’Farrell, a capable swingman has featured in previous rankings and was considered, while the same can be said for Giants Academy ruck Logan Smith. Mobile South Australian tall Charlie Nicholls also remains around the mark.

A couple more Croweaters in Glenelg teammates Ben Camporeale and Angus Clarke are also amongst the top 40 names. Xavier Ivisic‘s form is hard to deny and while currently injured, small forward/midfielder Joshua Dolan has great traits.

There may only be one West Australian in our top 30 – state captain Bo Allan – but a good bunch more are pushing into draft calculations. Among them is Claremont utility Hamish Davis, who has broken through to perform at WAFL League level.

Luke Quaynor won't be getting drafted , either will Kerr or the older McCarthy, they're all more start in the VFL types. Zac McCarthy is much taller than his brother and looks a likely AFL KPP down the track.

Jack Whitlock - #20
Matt Whitlock #26

If we dont get access to them, there is Faull or Sims

THE NEXT 10

The second round of the draft is set to be a hotbed for tall talent, with a few spilling over into our next 10 best prospects. Among the most highly touted are GWV Rebels spearhead Jonty Faull, and Northern Knights ruck-forward Thomas Sims.

Sims’ Vic Metro teammate Harry O’Farrell, a capable swingman has featured in previous rankings and was considered, while the same can be said for Giants Academy ruck Logan Smith. Mobile South Australian tall Charlie Nicholls also remains around the mark.

A couple more Croweaters in Glenelg teammates Ben Camporeale and Angus Clarke are also amongst the top 40 names. Xavier Ivisic‘s form is hard to deny and while currently injured, small forward/midfielder Joshua Dolan has great traits.

There may only be one West Australian in our top 30 – state captain Bo Allan – but a good bunch more are pushing into draft calculations. Among them is Claremont utility Hamish Davis, who has broken through to perform at WAFL League level.

Faull or Sims would be just fine if we can't get the twins

eda6507cc8d88a9147ed6d66117b334f.jpg

ab63bf9a17bf7ce7d23b68c2de25b890.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

eda6507cc8d88a9147ed6d66117b334f.jpg

ab63bf9a17bf7ce7d23b68c2de25b890.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don’t even know why they bother doing stuff like this at this early stage. Clubs barely ever end up with the same hand for the draft that they had before trade week, save this shit for when there’s a better idea of which picks everyone has, stupid news outlets.

I don’t even know why they bother doing stuff like this at this early stage. Clubs barely ever end up with the same hand for the draft that they had before trade week, save this shit for when there’s a better idea of which picks everyone has, stupid news outlets.
No doubt they'll be another post trade period.

Especially as they're basing their rationale on current needs, which will also change for some clubs during trade week.

We badly need to extract the highest draft choice that we can from the Gold Coast if they want John Noble. I believe that they currently hold Picks 6, 13, 20, 26 & one or two others. I would be ecstatic if we could secure Pick 6 but I think that is being overly optimistic. Now with Pick 13, I would be very, very happy. Alternatively, with Pick 20, I would be happy. OK. Finally, with Pick 26, I would not be too happy as I think that John Noble is worth more than the latter. Regardless, this exchange would certainly improve our hand at the forthcoming AFL National Draft & especially if we can get into the 1st Round. Goodnight & good luck.

We badly need to extract the highest draft choice that we can from the Gold Coast if they want John Noble. I believe that they currently hold Picks 6, 13, 20, 26 & one or two others. I would be ecstatic if we could secure Pick 6 but I think that is being overly optimistic. Now with Pick 13, I would be very, very happy. Alternatively, with Pick 20, I would be happy. OK. Finally, with Pick 26, I would not be too happy as I think that John Noble is worth more than the latter. Regardless, this exchange would certainly improve our hand at the forthcoming AFL National Draft & especially if we can get into the 1st Round. Goodnight & good luck.
We need to go hard and stand our ground I agree. 20 is our target. At worst 26, but nothing less than that.
I'm assuming they'll need to hand over 6 for rioli.

We need to go hard and stand our ground I agree. 20 is our target. At worst 26, but nothing less than that.
I'm assuming they'll need to hand over 6 for rioli.
I don't think he's worth 20 in a deep draft, but their posiiton is a bit different in terms of an academy kid to match. It might be Noble and some academy points for 20. But suspect that they'll do quite a lot of pick trading so who knows what they'll have or want by the time we do the deal.

I don't think he's worth 20 in a deep draft, but their posiiton is a bit different in terms of an academy kid to match. It might be Noble and some academy points for 20. But suspect that they'll do quite a lot of pick trading so who knows what they'll have or want by the time we do the deal.
And Rioli isn't worth pick 6 either. But you have to pay overs when you chase someone in contract.
between 20 and 26 shoudn't be a big deal for them.

And Rioli isn't worth pick 6 either. But you have to pay overs when you chase someone in contract.
between 20 and 26 shoudn't be a big deal for them.
I think they'll be doing a fair bit of pick trading. If 6 goes on Rioli - 13 will be traded as it's more valuable as a pick than as points. Then same with 20 and 26. God nows how it all ends up. We might even make a play for 13 somehow.

I think they'll be doing a fair bit of pick trading. If 6 goes on Rioli - 13 will be traded as it's more valuable as a pick than as points. Then same with 20 and 26. God nows how it all ends up. We might even make a play for 13 somehow.
Will be a good watch
Interesting to see what we go into the draft with.

Pick 13 would be in the ball park of our future 1st would it not?

It would have garnered pick 10 for GC this season so even a small improvement next season would be a break even result.

If we fall they win. If we rise greatly that's the gamble they take.

Noble, pick 32 plus possible 2nd round compensation for Richards unlikely to net us that 13 I would assume.

If we turned our future first and Noble into pick 13 and 20 it wouldn't be such a bad result even if a swap of other picks had to be involved.

In reality clubs are generally two steps ahead of us these days when it comes to the trade period and things like future trading and F/A only make it harder to gauge what is possible.

GC showed last season they're pretty savvy traders so it's unlikely to be as straightforward as we'd like.

Pick 13 would be in the ball park of our future 1st would it not?

It would have garnered pick 10 for GC this season so even a small improvement next season would be a break even result.

If we fall they win. If we rise greatly that's the gamble they take.

Noble, pick 32 plus possible 2nd round compensation for Richards unlikely to net us that 13 I would assume.

If we turned our future first and Noble into pick 13 and 20 it wouldn't be such a bad result even if a swap of other picks had to be involved.

In reality clubs are generally two steps ahead of us these days when it comes to the trade period and things like future trading and F/A only make it harder to gauge what is possible.

GC showed last season they're pretty savvy traders so it's unlikely to be as straightforward as we'd like.
With where there picks are and where their academy kid is rated, I suspect they'll shift a fiar bit of value from this draft into the future. So if we do want to trade our future first into this draft, they'd be a good club to work with - especially as we'll already be doing so over Noble.

With where there picks are and where their academy kid is rated, I suspect they'll shift a fiar bit of value from this draft into the future. So if we do want to trade our future first into this draft, they'd be a good club to work with - especially as we'll already be doing so over Noble.
Makes sense.
Hopefully, we can accommodate Nobes, while still being able to negotiate from a balanced position, rather than having to cave like in the past.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft Class

Remove this Banner Ad

Back