List Mgmt. 2024 Draft Class

Remove this Banner Ad

We've only been taking two kids recently, but this year I want two talls and two inside/outside runners. Cut the 22+ year old VFL players off the list - we've got a fair few of them.
It won't be easy getting 4 good players in this draft. We'll have our work cut out with the lack of draft picks. We will need to use the JFN pick to pick up a player or 2. I reckon we're going to use next years first on a player this year

It won't be easy getting 4 good players in this draft. We'll have our work cut out with the lack of draft picks. We will need to use the JFN pick to pick up a player or 2. I reckon we're going to use next years first on a player this year
Probably right. But I'm hoping we just trade into the draft this year.

I really don't know fonz but I wish we had a better draft hand
That can be changed. Trade Noble and Richards (ife he wants out) and we'll have a handful of the picks that are the sweetspot for club's matching. Trade the future first into the draft. I think we can end up with 4 decent picks in a draft that is supposedly deep.

If we get lucky and 3 of them kick on - **** a window, we will have punched out the entire wall.

Last edited:
I know it feels like we say it every year - but I really hope this year we can bank 2 (maybe 3?) genuine key-position prospects (aka 195cm+, who have come through the elite pathway systems and are not ruckman trying to be made into KPP) via the draft. Drafting talent is going to get so much tighter once the Tassie invasion begins, we need to stockpile some chips now or risk being stuck in a hole when all the top talent is tied up with Tasmania anyway.

Appreciate we've got some other concerns like the future of the midfield, and question marks around the backline once a Howe retires etc - but with McGuane next year, and our recent pick ups in Nick/Ed/HDM as midfield prospects (plus hopefully the likes of a Peatling/Davies), and drafting Dean, TJ and Ryan in more recent years - hopefully we've got enough in those departments to navigate the next short period if needs be.

In 2025 our best Key Position players will be (noting I'm deliberately omitting rucks hence no DC14 or mentions of Steene, Smit and Condon as ruck prospects):
D Moore (29)
J Howe (34) - though I don't really count him as KPP
D Mcstay (30)
B Mihocek (32)
M Cox (34)
B Frampton (28)

It's not entirely unreasonable to think in 3 years time that whole list could be gone, and what's currently on the list is Reef?, Kreuger?, Eyre and Dean - all them carrying a lot of risk on both talent and fitness going forward.

Wrong, you have no understanding of the talent available in 24, there's an excellent group of just Victorian players that goes up to 50 not to mention the talent front other states, they'll be plenty of good players available with later picks this year.

I know it feels like we say it every year - but I really hope this year we can bank 2 (maybe 3?) genuine key-position prospects (aka 195cm+, who have come through the elite pathway systems and are not ruckman trying to be made into KPP) via the draft. Drafting talent is going to get so much tighter once the Tassie invasion begins, we need to stockpile some chips now or risk being stuck in a hole when all the top talent is tied up with Tasmania anyway.

Appreciate we've got some other concerns like the future of the midfield, and question marks around the backline once a Howe retires etc - but with McGuane next year, and our recent pick ups in Nick/Ed/HDM as midfield prospects (plus hopefully the likes of a Peatling/Davies), and drafting Dean, TJ and Ryan in more recent years - hopefully we've got enough in those departments to navigate the next short period if needs be.

In 2025 our best Key Position players will be (noting I'm deliberately omitting rucks hence no DC14 or mentions of Steene, Smit and Condon as ruck prospects):
D Moore (29)
J Howe (34) - though I don't really count him as KPP
D Mcstay (30)
B Mihocek (32)
M Cox (34)
B Frampton (28)

It's not entirely unreasonable to think in 3 years time that whole list could be gone, and what's currently on the list is Reef?, Kreuger?, Eyre and Dean - all them carrying a lot of risk on both talent and fitness going forward.
If it's true that there are going to be good prospect talls deep into draft - take 4 of them. Old school Dekka - where he used to load up on one player type - 4 cracks at it to get 2 keepers.

If it's true that there are going to be good prospect talls deep into draft - take 4 of them. Old school Dekka - where he used to load up on one player type - 4 cracks at it to get 2 keepers.
Ah, the good old 2006 draft. Reid, Brown and Dawes was a pretty decent haul.

I think Harry O'Farrell and Noah Mraz have slid outside of the top 30 and not quite a tall but I like Bailey Mackenzie (kind of plays a Nate Caddy role). But I am all for getting elite talls in the teens if we somehow manage to get picks. Alix Tauru, Jobe Shanahan for me as the higher end picks.

I think Harry O'Farrell and Noah Mraz have slid outside of the top 30 and not quite a tall but I like Bailey Mackenzie (kind of plays a Nate Caddy role). But I am all for getting elite talls in the teens if we somehow manage to get picks. Alix Tauru, Jobe Shanahan for me as the higher end picks.
On the Gettable segment, Cal Twomey said Tauru's game on the weekend could see him go top 10.
He certainly looks good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft Class

Remove this Banner Ad

Back