List Mgmt. 2024 Draft Class

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't we have a Faull play with us in years gone by?. Anyway, Jonty would be one I hope we're looking at

Greg, back in the 80’s. Not even sure he managed a senior game.

Have a feeling there may have been another, for some reason Jason Faull comes to mind as another who never cracked a senior game.

I really want a KF . I wouldn't be against holding next years first for a quality mid to add to mcguane.

They also have Lombard going earlier as he should
I’m an Armstrong/ Shanahan fan myself and I suspect your mate could be on to something with the Whitlock’s. Again though the depth of this draft is bonkers Marshall at 29, Smillie at 10 and Reid at 16.

For anyone that’s super into it is Tauru still in Hawthorn’s academy? By my count there’s at least 5 possibilities for pick shuffling ahead of 20 if that was the outcome of the Noble trade.

I’m an Armstrong/ Shanahan fan myself and I suspect your mate could be on to something with the Whitlock’s. Again though the depth of this draft is bonkers Marshall at 29, Smillie at 10 and Reid at 16.

For anyone that’s super into it is Tauru still in Hawthorn’s academy? By my count there’s at least 5 possibilities for pick shuffling ahead of 20 if that was the outcome of the Noble trade.
I just hope we get it right this year. Not much room for error

I asked my contact who does this for a living about the Whitlocks and his response was "they're tall", that doesn't fill me with confidence. I'm am far from an expert on talent but I know people who are very, very good. I'm just telling you what I was told.
Get a new source then, if your man/woman has been watching the Whitlocks all year and all they come up with is they're tall then I have my doubts regarding your cool story.

I asked my contact who does this for a living about the Whitlocks and his response was "they're tall", that doesn't fill me with confidence. I'm am far from an expert on talent but I know people who are very, very good. I'm just telling you what I was told.
Is this the same guy who was projecting Tommy McGuane as a VFL level talent 12 months ago?

I mean, just sayin 🤷🏻

You don't know much about this draft do you?
It's touted with the best depth in years, you're gonna have players outside the top 30 that will be good.
When there are so many good players, some drop down the rankings. Not because they aren't any good, but because there are so many good players.

There are plenty KPP highly rated, but because they are outside the top 10, it means nothing with this draft.
Mids are generally higher up as they are always viewed as ready made
, where talls can sometimes can take time given they are growing into their bodies, doesn't mean they aren't any good.

Which means we'll likely get a good one with our 2nd rounder, if we don't draft up.

Since when does an elite young KPP prospect have less currency than a mid?

They're harder to find if anything.

Sure this might be a strong draft but the whole notion that a tall is going to be overlooked for a mid only applies if the mid is rated higher or that's an area of more need.

If their was a KPP rated elite in this draft then they're going top 5 like they always do just like Walter at 3 last season, Cadman at 1 the year prior or Darcy pick 2 the season before that. Clearly this year there isn't that standout tall/s.

While there might well be some good talls available, ones taken outside the top 5, 10 or 20 aren't featuring there simply because they take longer to develop it's because this draft is slanted more towards midfielders and those talls are not rated as highly in comparison. Hard to imagine any tall rated on par with a mid isn't going to be front and centre in the mind of a recruiter just like always.

Given where our first pick is likely to land (mid/late teen) should we acquire a 1st round selection then there is likely to be both a tall and a small rated around that mark so it's just a question of what we value more.

Some will want a tall at all costs, others best available which in this draft might well be more likely a midfielder.

Since when does an elite young KPP prospect have less currency than a mid?

They're harder to find if anything.

Sure this might be a strong draft but the whole notion that a tall is going to be overlooked for a mid only applies if the mid is rated higher or that's an area of more need.

If their was a KPP rated elite in this draft then they're going top 5 like they always do just like Walter at 3 last season, Cadman at 1 the year prior or Darcy pick 2 the season before that. Clearly this year there isn't that standout tall/s.

While there might well be some good talls available, ones taken outside the top 5, 10 or 20 aren't featuring there simply because they take longer to develop it's because this draft is slanted more towards midfielders and those talls are not rated as highly in comparison. Hard to imagine any tall rated on par with a mid isn't going to be front and centre in the mind of a recruiter just like always.

Given where our first pick is likely to land (mid/late teen) should we acquire a 1st round selection then there is likely to be both a tall and a small rated around that mark so it's just a question of what we value more.

Some will want a tall at all costs, others best available which in this draft might well be more likely a midfielder.
Mids are generally taken early, I was watching a draft video, because they are viewed and more likely to make an impact right away, whether talls generally take some time which explains why some arent always at the top end of the draft.
If you're drafting a tall I don't think you expect them to impact within the first 12 months. Its more long term. More based on long term potential.
But still gotta draft them first lol

I would be fine if we managed to get in the first round to take a mid, and then take a tall with our 2nd. But We need to get a tall at some point this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, 16 year olds are famous for being unable to put on any weight from that point forward.
He was 15 at the time and he's also grown in height. He looked like a jockey. This year i was told he'd be a first round pick, what's so strange about that and how many years have you worked in under 18 talent identification.. My mates been employed in the job for 16 years. Why do people try to shoot down anyone who might have a real contact

I’m torn…. My favorite in this draft from the highlights I’ve seen is Gerreyn but given we already have Steene and Smit I doubt we look at him.

Just think there’s something about him and he could play that 2nd ruck/tall forward role so well.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I’m torn…. My favorite in this draft from the highlights I’ve seen is Gerreyn but given we already have Steene and Smit I doubt we look at him.

Just think there’s something about him and he could play that 2nd ruck/tall forward role so well.

if he could take a mark above his head i would be with you all the way, but he doesn't look like he can.
physicality and mobility is first class for his size.
maybe as a key back? great long kick on him

if he could take a mark above his head i would be with you all the way, but he doesn't look like he can.
physicality and mobility is first class for his size.
maybe as a key back? great long kick on him
He could work as an old fashioned defender, but you need your tall defenders to be really safe in the air the way defences set up to intercept mark these days. Not how i"d describe Freddy.

Watch his National championships games in there entirety, you'll be less impressed.

I come in peace my fellow Big 4 brethren.

Passing on that Collingwood are VERY keen on Bo Allan per his folks.

I’m not sure if that means you think he’ll slide to your first pick (unlikely?) or if you anticipate trading back into where he’s projected to be via Noble trade.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft Class

Remove this Banner Ad

Back