List Mgmt. 2024 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I have him going to Saints with of their firsts. Alot of clubs are split on him in the way they were with Philipou, in terms of attitude rather than talent. Not in the same way as Shoenmaker though who also got picked up by Saints.
Who do you reckon we will draft?

With how even the draft is there would have to be a few lined up I'd say it'd come down to Hotton, Lindsay, Berry, Allen or Hynes.
Lindsay looks a Jordan Russell clone 😀

Of those 4 , i prefer Lindsay , but just looks a pure half back ?
Do you think he could play wing at AFL level ?

How quick is Berry?

Think Tigers are keen on Lindsay. They will have plenty of picks in the teens.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not the fastest small forward on offer but definitely has speed on his side also a good balance of agility and endurance.

Lindsay looks a Jordan Russell clone 😀

Of those 4 , i prefer Lindsay , but just looks a pure half back ?
Do you think he could play wing at AFL level ?
He has played inside and on the wing when not at half back. Whilst others see him shifting on ball I'm less optimistic and prefer him behind the ball with a little bit extra time to use his damaging kicks which seemed rushed when playing in the midfield.

The main worry I have with Lindsay is his disposal under pressure. He seems to cough it up a fair bit when he has heat applied to him.
With how even the draft is there would have to be a few lined up I'd say it'd come down to Hotton, Lindsay, Berry, Allen or Hynes.
Mine is pretty much the same. Seen a couple of games in the NAB league where Hynes has looked ominous, sort of player that can rip games apart given half a chance is the type of player I could see us liking to complement Sanders in the midfield.

Not a huge fan of Bo Allan, his size and versatility are nice but I can’t put my finger on exactly what I don’t like about him
I have been more impressed with Hamish Davis myself, where is Davis expected to go around at this stage?

2024 MORRISH MEDAL LEADERBOARD

1. Xavier Lindsay (Gippsland Power) – 21 votes
2. Cooper Hynes (Dandenong Stingrays) – 19
eq. 3. Jagga Smith (Oakleigh Chargers) – 18
eq. 3. Jayden Nguyen (Calder Cannons) – 18
5. Josh Smillie (Eastern Ranges) – 17
6. Zak Johnson (Northern Knights) – 16
7. Damon Hollow (Calder Cannons) – 15
8. Tobie Travaglia (Bendigo Pioneers) – 13
9. Isaac Kako (Calder Cannons) – 12
eq. 10. Cody Anderson (Eastern Ranges) – 11
eq. 10. Xavier Kardachi (Western Jets) – 11
eq. 10. Harvey Langford (Dandenong Stingrays) -11

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Draft watchers thoughts in Hynes if we had pick 18-20?

A tall 190cm explosive mid, who can also play forward. If we were after some explosiveness out of the middle to compliment Sanders dishing it out in the long term.

What is his defensive side and ball use like?

A tall 190cm explosive mid, who can also play forward. If we were after some explosiveness out of the middle to compliment Sanders dishing it out in the long term.

Biggest issue is wether he will be able to transition to the midfield or be stuck at half forward. He is more of a footballer then athlete so doesn't really have the traits we are looking for to complement our current midfield either. I'd rather take a swing at Hannaford a little early (providing Hotton is off the table) and draft Urquhart later who whilst hasn't got great disposal is more athletic, good forward and has a good balance between burst and defensive work.

It's an interesting question. But is it a furphy?

Drafters have let some good players slip, based on worries about injuries in their junior careers. Chris Judd supposedly had dicky shoulders so although rated number 1 junior he slipped to pick3. That worked out OK for West Coast. Bont supposedly had some hip problems which would affect his career. Has hardly missed a game in 10 years and is regularly rated #1 player in the comp. Further down the list we picked up Garcia in about the 3rd round after he did an ACL. We picked up Stringer at #5 when he was recovering from a smashed leg. I'm sure there are many, many such anecdotes across all clubs.

So I'm wondering. Apart from the rehab time itself have there been many (or any?) cases of a junior doing an ACL and not getting back to his pre-injury form? Have any suffered a noticeable decline in agility and speed?
Brayden George

The intensity Hannaford goes at it reminds a little bit of Liam Picken/Luke Dahlhaus from about 10 years ago.

It's an interesting question. But is it a furphy?

Drafters have let some good players slip, based on worries about injuries in their junior careers. Chris Judd supposedly had dicky shoulders so although rated number 1 junior he slipped to pick3. That worked out OK for West Coast. Bont supposedly had some hip problems which would affect his career. Has hardly missed a game in 10 years and is regularly rated #1 player in the comp. Further down the list we picked up Garcia in about the 3rd round after he did an ACL. We picked up Stringer at #5 when he was recovering from a smashed leg. I'm sure there are many, many such anecdotes across all clubs.

So I'm wondering. Apart from the rehab time itself have there been many (or any?) cases of a junior doing an ACL and not getting back to his pre-injury form? Have any suffered a noticeable decline in agility and speed?
Naughton's scoliosis too! 🙃

Brayden George
Tell me more. What has happened to him and is his career a write-off?

Weltschmerz said Elijah Hollands was another. Same questions. I don't follow other clubs' player careers closely.

And for those that do come to mind, are the ones who fail to recover their best junior form just a small minority or are they a decent proportion of all juniors who have suffered a torn ACL?

I have no particular point to prove, just wondering how much of a risk factor it really is when considering who to draft.

Tell me more. What has happened to him and is his career a write-off?

Weltschmerz said Elijah Hollands was another. Same questions. I don't follow other clubs' player careers closely.

And for those that do come to mind, are the ones who fail to recover their best junior form just a small minority or are they a decent proportion of all juniors who have suffered a torn ACL?

I have no particular point to prove, just wondering how much of a risk factor it really is when considering who to draft.
George has had no luck. Had injuries wipe out his entire career so far with another ACL being his most recent one.

There are heaps of players to do ACLs some bounce back, some change the way they play and some never get back to previous form.

Lever, Trac, Gawn, Libba (both), Clay, Alex Johnson, Rayner, Ashcroft, Menzel, Zac Williams, David Schwartz, Lachie Weller, Brayden George.

Who knows if Hotton becomes a star like Gawn, has to change his game like Schwartz who was the super athletic Gazelle pre knee to the Ox who relied on out positioning his opponent post knees. Or maybe he ends doing multiple like Menzel and struggles to recapture that form.

Pretty decent defensively, has a good burst of leg speed so you see him break from stoppages a fair bit, and is really hard to tackle stands up through them and has a great fend off, also very damaging forward of centre as he both kicks and sets up scores a fair bit.

Where he needs to improve is his endurance (I've heard he already has improved it a fair bit from early season) and his short kicking which can be off at times.

He is one of these players who is hard to pin down in the draft. Could go pretty soon after the top 10 or drop into the 20's depending on how certain clubs view him.

Could honestly be the steal of the draft around that 20 mark if/when he improves that aerobic capacity to play majority midfield.

I asked for Hotton's pre season combine testing results from a scouting mate the other day. Certainly has elite athleticsm.

Running Vertical Jump
93cm

20m Sprint

Agility

Yo-yo

Going off last year's combine results he would be 7th in jumps, 2nd in sprints, 1st Agility.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back