List Mgmt. 2024 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

FYI

Will add a 2024 NAB Draft & Trade tracker thread, stickied.

Tag me when we have a confirmed trade/draft and I will update the thread accordingly

Has some great attributes we are looking for, except his kicking ?
Very small sample size I watched, but it was not great ,and that’s being kind.

But boy he adds some run and spark !

Yeah it looked like he’d only just discovered football the week of that champs game with his ball drop and kicking action.

Not a deal breaker, but would need far better ball users around him.

We have tried to fill this a bit with trades and dfas like Harmes and Poulter but obviously haven't hit the nail on the head yet. Don't believe that most people in a centre group have to run a sub 3 second 20m at all think people get caught up a bit too much in terms of that.

We do obviously need someone who can physically go against players like Newcombe and the like though and getting physically beaten by Nat Fyfe was embarrassing. It is probably the area we miss a player like Dunkley the most.

For our second rounder I’d be all over him.

Good size, looks to move from inside to outside stoppage/contests pretty quickly.

Is he latish bloomer or always been in contention?
He has/had a nasty hip issue and as others have said his disposal let's him down.
You could never question his desire though and he hunts both player and ball.
I've come around to him a lot after watching some more. Is at 39 on my board and may put him higher off the back of his combine results. Looked good off half back in the games I watched and I think we could easily start him there early into his career. If we could get him for the Macrae pick or Geelong's 2nd round pick for Smith, that would be a great result.
He was in my top 20 at one point. I like him as a medium forward who can have genuine midfield bursts. His marking, leading and tackling combination is a different dynamic to what we have.

Yeah it looked like he’d only just discovered football the week of that champs game with his ball drop and kicking action.

Not a deal breaker, but would need far better ball users around him.
His disposal has improved as the years gone on and I think it will continue to do so in a professional environment. As you say he needs to work on his ball drop but I don't think it's anything that can't be taught. Speed/endurance and determination are much harder to teach.

We have tried to fill this a bit with trades and dfas like Harmes and Poulter but obviously haven't hit the nail on the head yet. Don't believe that most people in a centre group have to run a sub 3 second 20m at all think people get caught up a bit too much in terms of that.

We do obviously need someone who can physically go against players like Newcombe and the like though and getting physically beaten by Nat Fyfe was embarrassing. It is probably the area we miss a player like Dunkley the most.

I see limitations with our list.

I agree you don't have to run a sub 3 second time and we need more physical types. But if you have a slow midfield I think you have to cover that deficiency with good speedy players on the wings and flanks which I'd argue we don't have. The other problem we have, is our ruckmen isn't physical and doesn't get many taps, so quicker and physical types in the centre square is more of a necessity to be able to pressure and tackle the opposition. Urquhart is both quick and physical which I think would be ideal for us.

I see limitations with our list.

I agree you don't have to run a sub 3 second time and we need more physical types. But if you have a slow midfield I think you have to cover that deficiency with good speedy players on the wings and flanks which I'd argue we don't have. The other problem we have, is our ruckmen isn't physical and doesn't get many taps, so quicker and physical types in the centre square is more of a necessity to be able to pressure and tackle the opposition. Urquhart is both quick and physical which I think would be ideal for us.
Thank you for mentioning his name. I had to trawl back through half a dozen posts trying to figure out which player was under discussion!

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back