List Mgmt. 2024 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

FYI

Will add a 2024 NAB Draft & Trade tracker thread, stickied.

Tag me when we have a confirmed trade/draft and I will update the thread accordingly

Stand your ground Bulldogs,Geelong have got away with murder trade wise,Smith a former pick 7Ish who has performed is worth triple a shitty pick 17,a minimum of top 10 plus another first.
Sadly no chance, but I like your energy and enthusiasm on the subject.

Is anyone else getting frustrated with Power. Just get the deals done and move on
If he just bends over and takes things cheaply, just to please a few fans. List managers will take advantage of that in the future, knowing he will just fold for every deal. He should be aiming to get the best deal for the club. So yes it makes trade periods be boring.

If he just bends over and takes things cheaply, just to please a few fans. List managers will take advantage of that in the future, knowing he will just fold for every deal. He should be aiming to get the best deal for the club. So yes it makes trade periods be boring.
The fans would be the least of his concerns right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will have a Phantom first round out by the weekend but a very early prediction for our picks.
17. Hotton/Hannaford
25. Barrat/Moraes
35. Clarke/Urquhart
48. Ivisic/Grego
I’ll get to sorting the Bulldogs Phantom out so we can start this weekend

Still after some more interested parties, don’t want to overwhelm anyone with too many teams

I’m just hoping now that Richmond with all their picks that they’re not taking both Hotton and Hannaford

I’ll get to sorting the Bulldogs Phantom out so we can start this weekend

Still after some more interested parties, don’t want to overwhelm anyone with too many teams

I’m just hoping now that Richmond with all their picks that they’re not taking both Hotton and Hannaford
I think they take mids with the very early ones before going tall in the teens so should be safe in that regard. GWS at 15 and 16 are my biggest worry.

Why would we go a key defender when Buss didn’t play a game and we have Croft who can play there too?

Small forward and midfielder

Because they take a while to develop & there are enough concerns over what we have. Plus we’ve never really shown that much of an interest to find a mature age one or trade for one. Buss, Jones, Collins, Adams & sudden recent interest in Barrass aside, and that is going back a while now. We’ve never really had any goodepth there anyway.

Keath - cooked, may be delisted?
Gardner - I don’t mind him as much as plenty of others 😅 wouldn’t mind seeing what Pratt can do with him though, 2024 was a write off with injuries.
Jones - 34, some concerns about form but I think it was overblown. But he can’t do it all on his own.
Lobb - about 10 games there, we are really hoping it wasn’t a flash in the pan for 2025.
Buss - untried as yet, need to be hopeful though. But can’t be relied on to hit the ground & never look back.
Croft - I think we want/wanted to try & turn him into a defender, but everything appears to point towards forward & maybe ruck. Have to hope his run of injuries turn around like Darcy too.
JOD - good prospect, but already some concussion worries.
Khamis - some players take time, but hard to see him being more than a depth option

Last couple at least more of a 2nd/3rd tall type, but I mean someone that can play on the big boys. Old fashioned full back role.

Of course if we plan on addressing this with a ready-made option which appears to be the norm these days, then fair enough. I do agree a genuine small forward option is also a need as Arty & Clarke may not come on and need a genuine goal-kicker type.

If not, I’d be thinking more like either 2 mids with one a half forward/mid goal kicker type, even if they are a medium sized marking forward which we don’t really have currently.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back