List Mgmt. 2024 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

FYI

Will add a 2024 NAB Draft & Trade tracker thread, stickied.

Tag me when we have a confirmed trade/draft and I will update the thread accordingly

I’ll get to sorting the Bulldogs Phantom out so we can start this weekend

Still after some more interested parties, don’t want to overwhelm anyone with too many teams

I’m just hoping now that Richmond with all their picks that they’re not taking both Hotton and Hannaford
I'll take a team if you need numbers. I'm no expert but I'm pretty across this draft

I'm still not 100% on Hannaford. My concern is, he was doing good, without being great, for most of his career. His disposal, mark and goal numbers were nothing big. Though his tackle numbers were great. There was questions about his general consistency and impact. Don't think he was originally invited to the combine. Then suddenly he explodes with a red hot final few weeks.

So the question is, what is the real Hannaford? The one for most of his under 18s career, or the one who went boom across the final few weeks? Club will need to make sure it wasn't a flash in the pan. If we are confident that he can reproduce that at AFL level, I will trust the clubs instincts.

I am hoping we can land at minimum, two mids. And perhaps a small forward/genuine half forward, and a defender who can play on smaller types with our picks. Am open to us trading next years picks into this year if needed.

The only thing I hate about our picks 17 and 25, is watching them drop back pick by pick, and wondering which slider will reach us, only to see them taken right before us.

Because they take a while to develop & there are enough concerns over what we have. Plus we’ve never really shown that much of an interest to find a mature age one or trade for one. Buss, Jones, Collins, Adams & sudden recent interest in Barrass aside, and that is going back a while now. We’ve never really had any goodepth there anyway.

Keath - cooked, may be delisted?
Gardner - I don’t mind him as much as plenty of others 😅 wouldn’t mind seeing what Pratt can do with him though, 2024 was a write off with injuries.
Jones - 34, some concerns about form but I think it was overblown. But he can’t do it all on his own.
Lobb - about 10 games there, we are really hoping it wasn’t a flash in the pan for 2025.
Buss - untried as yet, need to be hopeful though. But can’t be relied on to hit the ground & never look back.
Croft - I think we want/wanted to try & turn him into a defender, but everything appears to point towards forward & maybe ruck. Have to hope his run of injuries turn around like Darcy too.
JOD - good prospect, but already some concussion worries.
Khamis - some players take time, but hard to see him being more than a depth option

Last couple at least more of a 2nd/3rd tall type, but I mean someone that can play on the big boys. Old fashioned full back role.

Of course if we plan on addressing this with a ready-made option which appears to be the norm these days, then fair enough. I do agree a genuine small forward option is also a need as Arty & Clarke may not come on and need a genuine goal-kicker type.

If not, I’d be thinking more like either 2 mids with one a half forward/mid goal kicker type, even if they are a medium sized marking forward which we don’t really have currently.
You just named 7 x KPD, plus Keath who will almost certainly be delisted. Buss and Buku are more suited to third tall defender, but Buss should graduate to the key post. JOD needs more development as a KPD (I don't think third tall suits him). That is plenty.

Anyone have thoughts on Tom Gross? I’ve noticed there aren’t a whole lot of pure mids around our first two picks
Seems to get to a lot of the right spots and isn’t too bad disposing of it. A bit indecisive with the ball though
Gross & Dattoli both look good but something is just off about them, at least to me

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back