List Mgmt. 2024 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

FYI

Will add a 2024 NAB Draft & Trade tracker thread, stickied.

Tag me when we have a confirmed trade/draft and I will update the thread accordingly

Can see us optimising list spots by delisting and rookie-ing Charlie Clarke. Might give the kick up the bum he needs. Need to take as many kids as we can in this draft.

Would love we could get into the top 10 and be lucky enough to get Murphy Reid.
Lovely kick, smart and got some wheels.
Or a position for Xavier Lindsay. Excellent footy IQ and lovely left foot.

Cost would be high and it is an even draft. I would rather the club have a crack with the picks we have. Fill some needs with players like Hannaford, Datoli, Moraes, Oliver and Gross.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The tigers have so many early picks I wonder if we good offer them 17 and future second for their pick 11,

Cost would be high and it is an even draft. I would rather the club have a crack with the picks we have. Fill some needs with players like Hannaford, Datoli, Moraes, Oliver and Gross.

I'm getting pretty interested in Hamish Davis the more I watch him. We have a history of taking players that do very well late in the year.

I'm getting pretty interested in Hamish Davis the more I watch him. We have a history of taking players that do very well late in the year.
Bodes well for Hannaford then.

Davis looks great - I’m very keen on the WA crop this year - Allan, Davis, Urquhart all as big-bodied mids would be great pickups for us. Clancy Dennis was AA at full back and I’ve spoken about him before but Jaxon Artemis would be an awesome JJ replacement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bodes well for Hannaford then.

Davis looks great - I’m very keen on the WA crop this year - Allan, Davis, Urquhart all as big-bodied mids would be great pickups for us. Clancy Dennis was AA at full back and I’ve spoken about him before but Jaxon Artemis would be an awesome JJ replacement.
We also tend to pick quite a few utility types lately too I've noticed. So bodes well for those two.

We also tend to pick quite a few utility types lately too I've noticed. So bodes well for those two.
I like the idea of targeting versatile players with midfield potential. Can rack up AFL experience in other positions whilst pinch hitting in the odd centre bounce (ie. Allan on a wing or HBF), before moving into the midfield full-time and exploding (a la Richards and hopefully Freijah).

Any pure mid we draft this year will spend little to no time in the midfield outside of the two’s. I’m hoping for some AFL ready talent who can impact at some level from day one.

I also think it bodes well that around the late teens and early second round (our first 2 picks), there are a glutton of talls - which a heap of teams will be targeting.

Brisbane picking at 24 is handy as I suggest they will be looking at a tall forward to replace Daniher. (Or will that pick be absorbed by an Ashcroft bid?)

Hopefully that gives us a pick of the bunch with smaller, speedier types around that range.

I also think it bodes well that around the late teens and early second round (our first 2 picks), there are a glutton of talls - which a heap of teams will be targeting.

Brisbane picking at 24 is handy as I suggest they will be looking at a tall forward to replace Daniher. (Or will that pick be absorbed by an Ashcroft bid?)

Hopefully that gives us a pick of the bunch with smaller, speedier types around that range.
Ashcroft bid will take 24 off them

Agree. If it's just 6-8 elite candidates at the top end of the draft then you want to trade up even if it means you only get one crack at it.

But if it's an even draft of high quality right through to ... pick 20? pick 25? pick 30 even? Then you are better off having two cracks at it. Double the chance of landing a 100 or 200 gamer.

These sort of drafts don't come around all that often. If the pundits are correct we already have an OK hand on draft night. That's why I was wondering if Sammy might even consider trading a Fx pick for something in the top 30.

That would depend on how desperate we are to get new quality 18yo talent in the door, and where we see serious deficiencies over the next 3-5 years. Tasmania's entry into the AFL might also be starting to figure in the minds of list managers.

Another WA boy if I’m not mistaken?
Yeah from Claremont. 187cm inside midfielder, remember him taking one of the marks of the U18 champs. He scored a 6.08 2km, a 7.980 agility, 73cm standing VJ and a 86cm running VJ at the state combine.

Edit: This is the mark. No regard for his own safety whatsoever

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back