List Mgmt. 2024 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

FYI

Will add a 2024 NAB Draft & Trade tracker thread, stickied.

Tag me when we have a confirmed trade/draft and I will update the thread accordingly

Hannaford I can see as a genuine AFL mid in a year or two, although someone did question his tank ?
Berry also , certainly looks a bloke that could play wing.
Those 2 blokes would be great for our current list.

And the other 2 I mentioned, best available maybe ?
Davis already a mid at junior level .
Clarke half back or wing , lovely user of the footy.

I would love another gun mid , but I just don’t see any after the top 15 ?
With Kennedy now and Sanders needing to play ,anlso add Garcia , I think we have bought another 12 months.

Fair call.

Who are the genuine mids between 15-30? Davis, Hynes, Lindsay, Morae?

Will be interesting to see it play out, but I’d say we grab one of the above, and then a prospective mid/fwd type like Hotton or the two you mentioned, with the hope they can eventually develop a strong midfield game.

Fair call.

Will be interesting to see it play out, but I’d say we grab one of the above, and then a prospective mid/fwd type like Hotton or the two you mentioned, with the hope they can eventually develop a strong midfield game.
Might be one at our pick in the 30's. Someone like Boxshall or Ough which would fill our need for younger bigger bodies onball and allow us to target the smaller players upfront.

Though in saying that Ough could be picked in the 20's somewhere as he was building a head of steam late in the year and has a December b'day so that will play in the back of recruiters minds especially with his body size.

Really a lot of what we do is going to be determined by what our strategy is regarding the small forward/half forward types in this pool, what the next draft looks strong in if anything if we keep our first pick there and don't trade it into this draft and if the recruiters believe that we need to rebuild the midfield now.

Charlie Cameron, Patrick Cripps, Zac Merrett, James Sciliy, Blake Acres and Matt Crouch all had poor times at the 2013 combine.

Cam Rayner ran a 7.57 and went at pick 1.

Endurance is one of the easiest things to train.
I get your point of view having said that they do put a lot of work in at U18 level. And if that's the best he can muster it is a concern for the position we would envision that he would play at HF he would need good endurance and that time doesn't engender a lot of confidence.

If we draft him I hope to be very wrong and a lot of his attributes would be a great fit.

Wanted to mention him because we have taken a few medium forwards really late in the draft so if he is sitting wherever our fifth pick is or at our rookie pick I think he might be a chance.
I just don’t think it makes sense for us to have a medium forward with already have the 3 big boys down there. Our KPFs need to be surrounded by genuine smalls or a resting Bont.

Fair call.

It hurts Berry is certainly out of our range and Hannaford we probably just miss ?
I’m not sold on Hynes , would be disappointed using our first on him. ( ok if he fell to our 2nd )
Davis looks to have upside, but not sure about his kicking ability.

So of your 4 , I would take Lindsay. Calm , clean, classy left foot.
Also looks to have great IQ.

Of course I’m now an expert after watching highlight videos 😜
It’s like going to a thoroughbred ready to run sale !

It hurts Berry is certainly out of our range and Hannaford we probably just miss ?
I’m not sold on Hynes , would be disappointed using our first on him. ( ok if he fell to our 2nd )
Davis looks to have upside, but not sure about his kicking ability.

So of your 4 , I would take Lindsay. Calm , clean, classy left foot.
Also looks to have great IQ.

Of course I’m now an expert after watching highlight videos 😜
It’s like going to a thoroughbred ready to run sale !
I think Lindsay will go before our pick aswell.

Patrick Veszpremi wishes that were true
That, and even though that endurance can be trained, elite endurance can't, and it's part of the value of the player.

Tom Scully would have been a bust pick 1 in the draft for all elements of his game other than his endurance running at its peak for GWS in 2017. Good luck training anyone to get to that Scully 2017 level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suspect there’s starting to look like a clear 18-19 picks, it puts us in a range where there’s a lot of key fwds.

If Tigers end up doing 6 & 18 for 2, do you think they’d entertain 17 for 23 & 24?

It’s probably not enough for them(?), but would give us 23, 24, 25, 35 & 48, throughout the draft that hand could end up being something like

28, 29, 30, 35, 38

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back