2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

If we do finish above Gold Coast, we should try bundle up enough points to trade them to match the Lombard pick. Then promise them we won't bid on him with picks 5,6,7 for goodwill.

Pick 1-rich: O'Sullivan
Pick 2-north: smillie
Pick 3-wc: smith
Pick 4-crows: Draper
Pick 5-stk: Langford
Pick 6-stk: lalor
Pick 7-stk: Trainor
I'd trade our second and future forst for that pick

On SM-A156E using BigFooty.com mobile app

If we do finish above Gold Coast, we should try bundle up enough points to trade them to match the Lombard pick. Then promise them we won't bid on him with picks 5,6,7 for goodwill.

Pick 1-rich: O'Sullivan
Pick 2-north: smillie
Pick 3-wc: smith
Pick 4-crows: Draper
Pick 5-stk: Langford
Pick 6-stk: lalor
Pick 7-stk: Trainor
They already have a fair amount of points outside of their 3 x 1stRDPs.
I'd simply look to bring forward our future 1st and make it worth their while.

loved the win. Not so much the slide out on the draft board. Really want a chance a Murphy Reid. Looks class.
Yes, he's a great prospect but he doesn't change our midfield dynamic at all. I would be disgusted if we took him

Our midfield needs contested ball winning burst players who have power and speed with above average skills - Reid has none of that except the skills part. He's the exact same player as Clark and Cal Twomey is on record saying Reid will likely start his career at half back - the same path Clark took

As things stand, I think the Suns should beat Richmond next week in response to a poor showing this week

Melbourne vs Collingwood is pretty even I reckon, Melbourne look a much better side without Oliver killing their midfield but I still think Pies will defo go in as favourites so I'm tipping them

I honestly think we'll beat an undermanned Blues side so today's win is not ideal at all

I'd done the ladder predictor and we'll finish 13th above the Suns but below the Dees, leaving us with pick 6 & 7 (7& 8 after Lombard)

1. FOS Tigers
2. Trainor Norf
3. Jagga WCE
4. Draper ADEL
5. Smillie GC
6. Lombard GC
7. Langford STK
8. Lalor STK

Gold Coast don't really have a big bodied mid (Davies is probably gone) so I think Smillie is a good fit alongside Rowell, Anderson, Rogers, Lombard, Graham etc. going forward. I don't think they'll be after Langford or Lalor considering they already have so many powerful mids

Langford and Lalor is a great result for us considering either way, we're gonna finish above Adelaide and the reality is we're gonna miss out on all of the big 3 (FOS Jagga Draper).

Melbourne are the ones who'd probably take Lalor if they could so if we overtake them that'd be genuinely disastrous as he's the perfect player for us. If we miss out on him, I'd be trading out in a heartbeat to let someone like a Freo move up to take Reid so we can pounce on two of Travaglia/Hynes/Berry/Hotton. Then take Sims/Gerreyn/Dodson at our second rounder. Win in both situations, but Lalor is the big prize we need

High draft picks the most overated thing in footy.

Pou - pick 10
NAS pick 11
Wilson pick 18
Luke Parker, Elliot Yeo, Tom Clurey, Matt Crouch, Touk Miller, Josh Dunkley, Shai Bolton, Oscar Allen, Bobby Hill, Thompson Dow, Sam Berry, Tyler Sonsie

Totally possible with the last pick in the draft each year.
Trout was absolutely talented in his ability to avoid talent nearly every year.

Five out of five now with another excellent SANFL performance from Sid Draper as he keeps adding to his pick 1 CV. This time around his South Adelaide team copped a bit of a pasting so we got a chance to see how he responded to the adversity, and he kept up his typical competitive intensity throughout. Just like every week we got some wow moments from Sid, spinning out of tackles and bursting clear of congestion.

Five out of five now with another excellent SANFL performance from Sid Draper as he keeps adding to his pick 1 CV. This time around his South Adelaide team copped a bit of a pasting so we got a chance to see how he responded to the adversity, and he kept up his typical competitive intensity throughout. Just like every week we got some wow moments from Sid, spinning out of tackles and bursting clear of congestion.

See - he caused a huge loss. Shouldn’t be taken inside the top 5 (or 6 or 7). 😉

A win like us absolutely worth moving up a draft spot.

We simply have to draft Lalor. His burst from stoppage is exactly what we lack. From there I've come to terms with that we will probably grab a Langford or Reid. That's okay for me, although I'm not a big fan of either, if we get Lalor, you can't complain.

Unless we go for Smillie. Do not want.

On Pixel 7 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

We already have one Hunter Clark though.
Not sure I would call Hunter Clark classy. I didn’t see anything like Hunter in him. Not sure what you see in Lalor. Big kid with limited tricks in the kit bag. Looks more like a Steele type to me and we don’t need anymore contested plodders. The game is moving away from them at a rate of knots.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure I would call Hunter Clark classy. I didn’t see anything like Hunter in him. Not sure what you see in Lalor. Big kid with limited tricks in the kit bag. Looks more like a Steele type to me and we don’t need anymore contested plodders. The game is moving away from them at a rate of knots.
Probably going to have the option between him and trainor. If our mid options are gone wouldn’t suprise me if we looked at Xavier lindsay as another hbf option that can play midfield.

Probably going to have the option between him and trainor. If our mid options are gone wouldn’t suprise me if we looked at Xavier lindsay as another hbf option that can play midfield.
If we take another half back flanker in the hopes of them transitioning into the midfield I'll flip. He's a good kick but has no other standout attributes and lacks speed. We need speed

If we take another half back flanker in the hopes of them transitioning into the midfield I'll flip. He's a good kick but has no other standout attributes and lacks speed. We need speed
If we win next week we and we finish above Melbourne and Gold Coast we probably won’t get a look in at any of the out and out midfielders at the top. Mixed emotions on it. Probably looking more likely of lalor/reid/trainor. Just about 0 chance on FOS smith and Draper. Close mate that plays for Richmond vfl said he’d take fin over all of them class player.

There is no doubt he can play, but we need genuine clearance midfielders can he play in there?
He's played in there a bit in the Talent League and done alright. He's a faster version of Day so he'll be able to break packs and win clearances. It's just whether he can win contested possession but seems like there's upside in that space

He's probably the only non-mid I'd take with our picks in the first round

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back