2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack Ough looks the goods, every time I see him he's gotten better and better. Late birthday, late developer yadda yadda yadda, might not even be there by the time our 2nd rounder comes up.

As for FOS, 2 absolutely shockers off the boot in the last few minutes of the game. I only caught the last quarter but those 2 were absolutely sub standard by anyone's measures.

As for the Lions, Ashcroft and Marshall are absolute beauties, Preliminary final and 2 top picks, they are absolutely kissed

Jack Ough looks the goods, every time I see him he's gotten better and better. Late birthday, late developer yadda yadda yadda, might not even be there by the time our 2nd rounder comes up.

As for FOS, 2 absolutely shockers off the boot in the last few minutes of the game. I only caught the last quarter but those 2 were absolutely sub standard by anyone's measures.

As for the Lions, Ashcroft and Marshall are absolute beauties, Preliminary final and 2 top picks, they are absolutely kissed

Ough has improved with every game he has played late in the year. If we dont take a tall mid early he would definitely have to come into calculations with our 2nd round pick.

Jonty Faull had a day out also 5 goals 2 behinds 18 disposals 7 marks. Faull plays like an aggressive big man hits packs and opponents really hard and is good at ground level. Gringo has been a big fan since the champs.

FOS is a possibility to be a slider on his games this year not a shadow of his 2023 form. He would still be worth grabbing if he slid through to us.

With a few names now dropping as 'hopes' for our 2nd rounder, would anyone be open to trading our Battle Compo for the Swans top 2 picks?

Right now it'd be 8 for 18+19... maybe we ask for a F3rd or something?

If we are worried about the injuries/quality of two players at 7/8 could we grab a Faull + Mid at the end of the first round and still be happy?

With a few names now dropping as 'hopes' for our 2nd rounder, would anyone be open to trading our Battle Compo for the Swans top 2 picks?

If we are worried about the injuries/quality of two players at 7/8 could we grab a Faull + Mid at the end of the first round and still be happy?
Would rather the quality at the top and let Dalrymple do his thing with our second and third rounders

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching Jack Ohhh today win the last quarter centre clearance, run hard forward and kick the winning goal made me absolutely giddy.

He’s got one more big game to impress recruiters, assuming he continues his current form I reckon he’s a huge bolter between now and draft night.

I would not be upset if we took him with 8, kid looks a superstar in the making and I just can’t see a world where he slips to our 3rd pick

Is Kennedy that lanky defender? Though he was good when he played for the zebras. Worth a rookie spot
I believe you may be referring to Lachlan Voss, 19 and 199cm. Played a couple of games for the Zebs late this year. Playing for the Dragons as an overager.

How can we compete with the academies of most of the interstate teams, the luck of father sons in some cases, North’s 300 top 5 picks, and the lack of attraction for size (not to mention our own rubbish). I know there’s a “just get better factor and that’s fair. But even then, how are we winning a flag??

Watching Jack Ohhh today win the last quarter centre clearance, run hard forward and kick the winning goal made me absolutely giddy.

He’s got one more big game to impress recruiters, assuming he continues his current form I reckon he’s a huge bolter between now and draft night.

I would not be upset if we took him with 8, kid looks a superstar in the making and I just can’t see a world where he slips to our 3rd pick
Yeah, the old late riser. And very late bday iirc. But his surname is Off.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we did slide, but my guess that would be at the point of the pick - the old desperation - and would only be for a slide of a few picks. Alternatively, if it works for us, I could see us sliding a pick or two as clubs get desperate for a particular type. Perhaps an Armstrong. Get some value knowing we still have the next guy on our list. Would love four inside 25.

I could genuinely see a poor outcome being:
With the criteria of Richmond gets 3 off WC and 6 off GC, Adelaide and North switch (crows to ensure Draper, North knowing they still get a different type of mid):
1. FOS
2. Draper
3. Langford
4. Lalor
5. Smith
6. Smilie

We have the choice of Armstrong, Trainor, Reid and any other from the tier 2. I wouldn’t be against Reid, but really only if he comes with a beast or speed from tier 1.

A month or so ago I thought Adelaide would go past us and we would have 4 and 5.

How can we compete with the academies of most of the interstate teams, the luck of father sons in some cases, North’s 300 top 5 picks, and the lack of attraction for size (not to mention our own rubbish). I know there’s a “just get better factor and that’s fair. But even then, how are we winning a flag??

GWS has been given more high picks than any side in history. Geelong probably the least, well at least in the last 20 years. Means FA. Lions and Melbourne both did hardcore rebuilds and they have one flag in a weird Covid year between them. Sides like Geelong and Sydney who stay up are always ready to challenge so if there is a soft year they have a chance at a flag.

Just keep building our own list and don’t worry about what others get. Often the more free hits they get the less creative they get.

Remove this Banner Ad

2024 Draft Thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back