List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – big fish Tom Campbell in 🎣🐟, ANB departs to the Crows for pick 28 😢

Who do you want with Pick 5 (6)?

• Luke Trainor (194cm, Key Defender, Sandringham Dragons)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tobie Travaglia (187cm, Defender, Bendigo Pioneers)

• Taj Hotton (182cm, Forward/Midfielder, Sandringham Dragons)

• Alix Tauru (191cm, Key Defender, Gippsland Power)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Alex Neal-Bullen (Traded)
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Lachie Hunter (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:
  • Tom Campbell (Free Agent)
  • Pick 28* (Trade)

Last edited:
I still think the Oliver trade has a pulse. I’m not buying into the cleaning his locker out stuff being a factor.
I don’t think it’s got as much chance as McLure would lead you to think. He has a massive hard on for Oliver moving on.
My take is despite what Green is saying, is that if Geelong are prepared to take on all or most of his wage and we get a F1 it’ll get done. That may require pay cut. But I’m not convinced many players will forgo such an amount of money.

Smillie played predominantly as a defender for most of this game apart from a stint on ball in the third quarter. He showed he's comfortable and capable in the defensive 50, poised with the ball in hand, and the extra time and space he's afforded back there appeared to benefit his disposal.

He looked a lot more composed in this vid than some of the earlier ones I've seen.

He looked a lot more composed in this vid than some of the earlier ones I've seen.
For those playing at home, this is the video in question:

Smillie played predominantly as a defender for most of this game apart from a stint on ball in the third quarter. He showed he's comfortable and capable in the defensive 50, poised with the ball in hand, and the extra time and space he's afforded back there appeared to benefit his disposal.

Clearly an unpopular opinion on here but I’d back us doing that trade with GC. The player taken at Pick 13 in this draft could easily be a lot better than the player we could get at earlier picks in next year’s draft - and an earlier pick could also slide out closer t to pick 13 next year anyway with all of the 2025 academy talent. So it could be a very similar rated or even better rated player to what we could next year, but getting them a year early, in exchange for pick 28.

Pick 13 could get us a player like Tairu, Hotton, Lindsay, Reid, Berry, Trainor or Armstrong, to go along with the player at pick 5. Would rather go hard for one of them than be conservative and wait and see next year.

From wanting out of this draft completely with a trade for Houston to trading away (early) future firsts to get meh picks in it.
Directionless shitshow. Just making moves for the sake of it.
Mich0 approves

JT likes to get in early if he rates the draft. So I’ll back him in if we get 13. It is meant to be a deep draft also. So could grab Berry with that pick I’m thinking. Or if we ant a key position player maybe Shanahan.
We were gonna completely trade out of it not that long ago and we traded up to get Kolt last year which was a meh effort. You don't have to be a fan of everything

What The Wtf GIF by Justin

I'm surprised that we couldn't work out something with the Bombers. I guess they also have a player in mind as well, but given that they'll need points for Kako and they currently only have pick 31 after that, I would have thought a pick 9 for a future first plus our picks 40 + 54 + 65 would give them enough points for Kako this year (assuming he's not picked in the top 8) plus another first rounder for next year, and they still keep their pick 31.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope this F1 and 28 shit falls over and then we bid on Lombard at pick 5 followed by Kako. **** em all.

Surely we could wheel and deal with tigers on one of the many picks they have coming in. They would have to be interested in pushing atleast 1 pick into next year.

Re trading for that Sharp kid at the Lions ..

Does anyone know if Windsor played any inside mid minutes as a junior? The thought of his pace and agility amongst our plodders inside is appealing.

Would then make sense to target a winger.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Does anyone know if Windsor played any inside mid minutes as a junior? The thought of his pace and agility amongst our plodders inside is appealing.

As it stands right now, we have Trac Oliver and Viney as mids and they'll play majority of the season there. Trac might go forward still and that'll leave some crumbs for Rivers, Salem and Pickett in there. Id love to see it but unless Oliver goes out he's gonna continue to be stuck in the centre with Viney all game

Windsor doesn't look out of place in congestion or afraid of the body contact so I'd love to see it, hard to see goody giving him much time in there with all the inside mids.

ANB role would give him more time up around the contest and spitting forward with his pace. Dangerous running towards goals and wouldn't get wasted stuck out on the wrong wing like happens some games.

I could see Sharp coming in and playing the ANB role too, elite endurance and kicks goals. You can actually see in a lot of the VFL highlights that he links up with Kai lohman a lot. Actually looks like those 2 were doing a bit of the ANB/Trac tactic of coming up to the contest and having 1 spit forward.

As it stands right now, we have Trac Oliver and Viney as mids and they'll play majority of the season there. Trac might go forward still and that'll leave some crumbs for Rivers, Salem and Pickett in there. Id love to see it but unless Oliver goes out he's gonna continue to be stuck in the centre with Viney all game
Yeah, kinda feels hopeless. At least we are trying to trade in a running and agility type player who's biggest knock is size/contest stuff. I was worried we would bring in even more inside mids. Gives me a glimmer of hope if we use pick 5 on a speedy skillful type mid (if one slips through)

Yeah, kinda feels hopeless. At least we are trying to trade in a running and agility type player who's biggest knock is size/contest stuff. I was worried we would bring in even more inside mids. Gives me a glimmer of hope if we use pick 5 on a speedy skillful type mid (if one slips through)
I have 0 hope. We talked a massive game about changing how we played then made slight tweaks last year, half pregnant style and then completely threw it out to be even more boring by the end of the year. We have a coach that believes contest and defence is key to everything. The players don't matter.

Pickett, Fritsch and Trac in the forward half could be one of the most dangerous forward lines in the AFL instead they all feel like they play with chains around them

I have 0 hope. We talked a massive game about changing how we played then made slight tweaks last year, half pregnant style and then completely threw it out to be even more boring by the end of the year. We have a coach that believes contest and defence is key to everything. The players don't matter.

Pickett, Fritsch and Trac in the forward half could be one of the most dangerous forward lines in the AFL instead they all feel like they play with chains around them
The lack of "fun and flair" is the bit that gets me down the most. We have some genuine X factor players but don't get to see it enough.

Really admire Hawks and how they embrace each player's strengths and play them in a way to maximise that rather than trying to make them something they are not.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – big fish Tom Campbell in 🎣🐟, ANB departs to the Crows for pick 28 😢

Back