List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – big fish Tom Campbell in 🎣🐟, ANB departs to the Crows for pick 28 😢

Who do you want with Pick 5 (6)?

• Luke Trainor (194cm, Key Defender, Sandringham Dragons)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tobie Travaglia (187cm, Defender, Bendigo Pioneers)

• Taj Hotton (182cm, Forward/Midfielder, Sandringham Dragons)

• Alix Tauru (191cm, Key Defender, Gippsland Power)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Alex Neal-Bullen (Traded)
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Lachie Hunter (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:
  • Tom Campbell (Free Agent)
  • Pick 28* (Trade)

Last edited:
One trade suggestion is for pick 5

Others are for picks in the 50s

That’s the key difference here
It wasn't Cox for pick 5 Mich, it was suggesting to move back from pick 5 to 9 for Cox and a 9 pick upgrade in the second round. Still a hard pass for me.

Anyway no I wouldn't do that trade, not advocating for Cox, just found it funny how the some of the same people saying Cox sucks (correctly) are the same people saying getting Harry Sharp could be a positive. As an example: It would be the same as opposition fans trying to convince themselves that Bailey Laurie could be a good player for their club coz they havent seen much of him. Both had 4 years in the system.
I think that Sharp coming in for a late pick that we probably wouldn't even use vs downgrading pick 5 had a big impact.

That aside. I don't even actually know what Nik Cox is? What position he should play? He was touted as a tall winger who could play anywhere and could be anything but turns out he can't seem to play anywhere or have any attributes that helps his team. No man's land.

Sharp? Who knows but at least we know he is a winger or high half forward. He has seriously elite endurance and good agility. Might just end up plodding around at VFL level as depth but they could use the help as development of our forwards suffers if they are getting smashed every week and not getting it in there.

I think that Sharp coming in for a late pick that we probably wouldn't even use vs downgrading pick 5 had a big impact.

That aside. I don't even actually know what Nik Cox is? What position he should play? He was touted as a tall winger who could play anywhere and could be anything but turns out he can't seem to play anywhere or have any attributes that helps his team. No man's land.

Sharp? Who knows but at least we know he is a winger or high half forward. He has seriously elite endurance and good agility. Might just end up plodding around at VFL level as depth but they could use the help as development of our forwards suffers if they are getting smashed every week and not getting it in there.
Our reserves didn't have a problem getting it forward, they had a problem playing a forward line with 5 key forwards every week

Sharp? Who knows but at least we know he is a winger or high half forward. He has seriously elite endurance and good agility. Might just end up plodding around at VFL level as depth but they could use the help as development of our forwards suffers if they are getting smashed very week and not getting it in there.
If you were to give me the choice between the two for exactly the same price I'd take the guy taken in the top 10 every time. But anyway who cares, was just supposed to be a funny meme.

If you were to give me the choice between the two for exactly the same price I'd take the guy taken in the top 10 every time. But anyway who cares, was just supposed to be a fun meme.
It's hilarious isn't it. Cox had a shit year and he does look lost but he's played ****loads more good games at AFL level than Sharp had but sharp is unknown so potential superstar apparently.

It's hilarious isn't it. Cox had a shit year and he does look lost but he's played ****loads more good games at AFL level than Sharp had but sharp is unknown so potential superstar apparently.

Both most likely would be added to this list of our trash recruitment of the past 3 years

Dunstan
Grundy
Billings
Schache
Hunter
Mcadam
Fullerton
Campbell

Now we have shit all over him Cox will probably come out with a career year and they will spend all year talking about how he could be named in ANY position of the AA team....

Except wing of course which will be dominated by Sharp 🤪

It's a bit of a no-win situation sometimes. Pre trade period, people were calling for us to target young fringe players from good teams who need more opportunities. Now that trade period is here and that looks like what we're doing with Sharp, some of the same people are mad/critical about that too haha.

I love criticising the club, but preserving our draft capital and getting Sharp for a late token pick is exactly the sort of stuff we should be doing (that, and trading Oliver).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a bit of a no-win situation sometimes. Pre trade period, people were calling for us to target young fringe players from good teams who need more opportunities. Now that trade period is here and that looks like what we're doing with Sharp, some of the same people are mad/critical about that too haha.

I love criticising the club, but preserving our draft capital and getting Sharp for a late token pick is exactly the sort of stuff we should be doing (that, and trading Oliver).
No one's taking the piss out of going for him, it's fine. Placing him as the ready to go back up winger while shitting all over cox is a funny contradiction when Cox is miles is front of Sharp currently as a player.

Probably depends what our actual strategy is (if we have one). If it’s as Richo said “we need to get older, not younger” then they are batting down the wrong road

No one's taking the piss out of going for him, it's fine. Placing him as the ready to go back up winger while shitting all over cox is a funny contradiction when Cox is miles is front of Sharp currently as a player.
I'm not crazy high on Sharp as a player or anything, but not sure that's true. Sure, he played more games for a worse team, but in 50 AFL games, he's shown next to nothing besides being a decent runner for a guy his size.

But anyway, think the visceral reaction to Cox was brought about by someone suggesting that he'd be involved in a deal for Pick 5 which is just silly. If he was also linked to us for a token late pick, I'm sure people would be a bit warmer.

That being said, I've seen him play a lot of footy now and he's pretty dreadful.

I actually like the idea of the trade if we think our preference at #5 is a decent chance of still being there at #9 (which seems possible given the nature of this draft).
Too much risk IMO this far out from the draft, especially considering that pick swaps can continue after trade period. You'd want it to be a quality player coming in to move a top-five pick, even in an even draft.

Anyway, I don’t like disagreeing with you so forget I said anything :love:

I'm not crazy high on Sharp as a player or anything, but not sure that's true. Sure, he played more games for a worse team, but in 50 AFL games, he's shown next to nothing besides being a decent runner for a guy his size.

But anyway, think the visceral reaction to Cox was brought about by someone suggesting that he'd be involved in a deal for Pick 5 which is just silly. If he was also linked to us for a token late pick, I'm sure people would be a bit warmer.

That being said, I've seen him play a lot of footy now and he's pretty dreadful.
That's the point. Ones played 50 games the others played **** all in 4 years playing games is literally better than playing in the reserves. It's like saying Bailey Lauries ahead of Chandler because who knows what he could be

Too much risk IMO this far out from the draft, especially considering that pick swaps can continue after trade period. You'd want it to be a quality player coming in to move a top-five pick, even in an even draft.

Anyway, I don’t like disagreeing with you so forget I said anything :love:
BigFooty in crisis.

Loving this Nik Cox and Harry Sharp talk for the past two pages. 🥰 We are right back to 2009 - 2014
We're gonna hit 400 pages and Sharp + Campbell will be our only additions. Peak BigFooty :love:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – big fish Tom Campbell in 🎣🐟, ANB departs to the Crows for pick 28 😢

Back