Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)

Confirmed ins:

Last edited:
McVee's contract runs out next year. That should be a far bigger priority than Viney.
Him leaving coz he wants more time in the midfield than we can provide makes so much sense . Written in the stars.

This is like watching a slow-motion train crash of list management.

Watch these blokes all retire and we fall off a cliff as Tassie comes in and we sit on the bottom for a decade.

Or worse, we bottom out earlier and have to keep paying these blokes to sit in rehab preventing us from topping up.
The only people who don't see it that way are Cooked Lamb, Miss Missing and Pathetic Perty. And Badloss to a certain degree.

Yup. McVee and Rivers back flankers for the foreseeable future, Windsor stuck purely on the wing forever and Tholstrup permanent forward.

I hate it here.

The other potential rationale here is that we already know we won't have much coming in the door this offseason, so are front-loading the bejesus out of Gawn and Viney's deals to eat up some of the cap space we have for next year.

Suppose we'll never really know. He was already signed for next year though, so there was really no rush.
Clarko is a genius! Knowing the heat was starting to get turned up on us, he actually has the balls to say names that he wants at Norf. Knowing full well we will panic into giving a crazy extension to Viney. Well played Clarko. Well played.

what an absolutely ridiculous contract for Viney. i doubt any other team is offering him that many years and if they were well then it should've been goodbye and good luck and we'll take the pick instead.
someone really needs to tell Lamb when they're already at your club, you offer less years not more.

Lamb anytime any player manager puts anything in front of him without him even reading the terms

rose matafeo sign me up GIF by Team Coco

Even Windsor or Tholstrupp won’t be getting any at this rate.

Or draft pick 7
The club been stuck in 2021 since then in just about every way, from the coaches game plan to the arrogance of the president and CEO to list management decisions thinking 2021 premiership players will play that way for eternity

Big footy board is Lisa, the MFC is Homer

2044b098-56ba-4ee5-a113-5cf2d5e2817c_text.gif

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meh I'm fine with it.
If Viney is shit in two years time we drop him, pay him out, trade him to North, whatever.
Does any club payout a player? If so, we should have done that with Ben Brown end of last season. Doubt we payout anyone. Not sure you can do it anyway. We've got him for 4 more years. I love Vines, but I struggle to see him best 22 in 4 years time.

The other potential rationale here is that we already know we won't have much coming in the door this offseason, so are front-loading the bejesus out of Gawn and Viney's deals to eat up some of the cap space we have for next year.

Suppose we'll never really know. He was already signed for next year though, so there was really no rush.
Extensions allow the club to renegotiate the current contract years i.e. next year.

Potentially Max and Viney have taken less money next year and spread it out so they can afford a trade target or resigning a of young players like mcVee, Windsor etc.

Or they have front ended it more to open up cap space next year or year after.

Another thought is that Max and Viney might have been at the end of heavily back ended contracts that have limited what the club can offer our young guns or what we can bring in. This frees them up.

Reckon Viney could play forward too, he's not a bad kick these days.
Agree, I see him playing a Luke Parker type role for Sydney last few years. Spends more time forward. Spurts in the middle to give Trac a rest (maybe ANB role).

Kicks goals, good set shot, has become a neat kick. Would put the fear of God in the defenders as a pressure forward. Provides leadership in the front half.

Convinced that North are an AFLPA plant designed to get players more financial security at this point.

1000017811.jpg

Agree, I see him playing a Luke Parker type role for Sydney last few years. Spends more time forward. Spurts in the middle to give Trac a rest (maybe ANB role).

Kicks goals, good set shot, has become a neat kick. Would put the fear of God in the defenders as a pressure forward. Provides leadership in the front half.
This sounds very unlike anything Goody would do.

While I agree that a defensive forward role should be on the cards for him in future (first mentioned that a few years back), the Parker comparison is a bit off. Parker is much better aerially than Viney. Allows more flexibility as he can go forward and take a grab, whereas Viney is purely a ground-level player.

From memory, Viney, TMac and now Petty have all come back from some sort of plantar fascia injury and been pretty garbage for the first 12 months back playing. Did Hogan get it too? The first I can recall the injury being reported were Matt Egan and Trent Croad and were basically career ending.
Trent Croad, i think, iirc, was a navicular break. Same as Trenners.

Viney was a plantar fascia.

Petty imo had a front of ankle, high foot sprain, something akin to syndesmosis.??? that's the way he was strapped immediately when he came off, weeks back. For a sprain issue, taped inside the front of ankle joint.

Call me crazy, and I seem to be in the extreme minority, but I still want us to keep Oliver. There's more upside in him getting his act together than getting a moderate trade done. Let's not forget what an absolute force Clarry is when he's up and firing. If we can get him back in the game, and hold him to high standards, I'd take that over a trade - and certainly over 31 year old Viney.

Maybe I'm in denial, but I can't seem to give up on Clarry just yet. Ok, flame me folks...
He's hardly ever been a great ball user, or damaging with ball in hand on-the-run. To few times where he has done it.

Think I've made my peace with the fact that we're going all in with this group. The Houston trade falling over was a bit of luck that will see us be forced to take a top ten pick this off-season at least. So the club can't completely **** the list like Richmond and West Coast did with theirs.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Ah-Mu? Not For You ❌️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back