Votes: 0 0.0%
  • KPF/Defender

Votes: 10 23.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Who's going out was my first thought.

If Parker is off to some Vic club and we get Stringer.... yuck
Exactly my thoughts…

Why lose Parker only to recruit Stringer. We’d just watch Parker nail the medium forward role for another club and get stuck with Stringer. I reckon Parker kicks 40+ goals if he plays this whole year exclusively as a medium forward.

I wonder how serious the Swans really are. If they are serious, I would love to understand their thinking on both Parker and Stringer.

Exactly my thoughts…

Why lose Parker only to recruit Stringer. We’d just watch Parker nail the medium forward role for another club and get stuck with Stringer. I reckon Parker kicks 40+ goals if he plays this whole year exclusively as a medium forward.

I wonder how serious the Swans really are. If they are serious, I would love to understand their thinking on both Parker and Stringer.

I hope Stringer is the usual connect everyone to Sydney crap.

Rather try Laverde

Stringer has been at Essendon since 2018.

His two highest average goals seasons are 2021 (2.2 per game) and 2024 (1.8).
What do those two seasons have in common?
They are both contract years. :think:

Can do the extraordinary, but can also be disinterested, lambast his teammates and want to do the spectacular rather than passing off to a teammate in a better position.

Turns 31 next April, current club is only offering a one year deal, how do we fit him in to our salary cap?
Not sure the players would be thrilled in pushing out a stalwart to recruit a bloke like Stringer on what presumably would be a decent contract.

Possibly increases our scoring ability, but I have significant doubts he improves the team or the club.

Pass for me.

Him and heeney rotating

i don’t get caught up in ti much off feild crap

Makes us dangerous af up front and better so yep

what you walk past you endorse

Exactly my thoughts…

If there was a way of letting Adams go but keeping Parker I'm all ears....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unless of course, you're a greedy dish licking nonce with zero will power who thinks the world owes you something.

But generally speaking, your point stands
Fair.

I'm not saying I'd give him the job, but I'd at least interview him.

As big a fan as I am of McDonald, McLean and Amartey, they don't necessarily play like there's much competition for their spots.

Stringer is a piece of shit. The relentless bullying perpetrated by he, Libba and Dahlhaus is apparently a large part of the reason Tom Boyd retired so young.

**** that guy, I'll be disgusted if we're serious about bringing him in.

Not only that, he's a downgrade on Parker anyway. I really hope this is just media BS because there's few players that I'd be less disgusted to have represent us.

Like Barry and Micky o I guess

Yep like them to a degree, but we also showed Barry the door even as a premiership skipper., Just my opinion why take on other people's shit.

I won't microwave my membership if we get him, especially as it's digital these days .

I'm not excusing what he did, and I certainly don't consider a 22 year old "just a kid", BUT...

Have there been any issues since his move to Essendon apart from admittedly being a bit of a turnip in general?

There's a bloke down the road who just won a Coleman and seems to have become a model citizen after his fair share of issues in his younger days.

As big a fan as I am of McDonald, McLean and Amartey, they don't necessarily play like there's much competition for their spots.

Agree on that, but IMO Stringer plays like a small forward, with a medium forwards height, and a KP's weight. It's a bad mix and I think he's done as a midfield option.

3 talls is questionable once the ball hits the deck, Stringer guarantees even less threat. We just can't afford that.

I'm a very strong no on bringing him in.

IMO - Adams, Francis, Hamling and Stringer. a fine collection of cloggers we can mostly do without

Agree on that, but IMO Stringer plays like a small forward, with a medium forwards height, and a KP's weight. It's a bad mix and I think he's done as a midfield option.

3 talls is questionable once the ball hits the deck, Stringer guarantees even less threat. We just can't afford that.

I'm a very strong no on bringing him in.

IMO - Adams, Francis, Hamling and Stringer. a fine collection of cloggers we can mostly do without
Again, fair.

If we weren't right in the window I wouldn't consider it but I can't help but be enticed by the talent that's there even if he doesn't bring it every week.

I'm not excusing what he did, and I certainly don't consider a 22 year old "just a kid", BUT...

Have there been any issues since his move to Essendon apart from admittedly being a bit of a turnip in general?

There's a bloke down the road who just won a Coleman after his fair share of issues in his younger days.
As far as I know, Hogan's actions were mainly toxic to himself though? Stringer has a history of mistreating other people, which I think is much worse. From what I know, younger Hogan was a bad employee. Younger Stringer was just straight-up a bad human.

I'm not sure if there's been any issues publicised, but to be fair Dayne Beams' issues were kept pretty quiet at Brisbane until he requested a trade.

I think there's enough of a pattern of Stringer being a dickhead that I don't want him anywhere near our club.
Laverde is cheap and 28 maybe he will just be a clogger, but for cheap as a tall defender maybe?
Nah he's shit. Rather just keep Francis.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft & Trade Hypotheticals

Back